Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prophesy of Pendor, a good mod?

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Prophesy of Pendor, a good mod?

Quote Originally Posted by centurion1 View Post
    were topics merged onto this forum? i thought this was a new subforum?
    Aye what probably happened is this was somewhere, perhaps on the general M&B boards, and the mods just moved it into here since we now have our own sub-forum

MP

dowdpride's Avatar Decanus

wedding dance is good, but its unfinished and they havent had a new release in ages. same as chaos wars :/

Think ill give pop a try i completed the game as all 5 nations and as myself in about 5 days its so easy.
    Get an army of bout 100 men mid and high tier and the game's over the enemy has no chance if your a decent fighter in my last campaign i could storm the enemies biggest castle's and city's with just me and my companions i had 19 companions all of them wearing the very best armor with the very best weapons even my medic's were able to fight the nords elite infantry and win easily my last fight i lost 3 companions and got 362 kills taking the enemies final castle taking down almost 100 of the nords elite infantry in the process although me in full reinforced plate swinging a 2 handed battle axe and a 2 handed saber didnt help there odds when i was stood at the top of the stairs and there archers hit there own men more often then me and i had 3 bowmen and 2 crossbows sitting picking them apart 1 by 1 while rolf and ymira stood to my left and right holding the enemy back with old roman sword and board tactics .
    Last edited by mesor; July 23, 2011 at 05:44 PM.
    I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes I am the ghost, that hides in the night.

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France,
    we shall fight on the seas and oceans,
    we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,
    we shall fight on the beaches,
    we shall fight on the landing grounds,
    we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
    we shall fight in the hills;
    we shall never surrender.

" The dark is generous.
    Its first gift is concealment: our true faces lie in the dark beneath our skins, our true hearts remain shadowed deeper still. But the greatest concealment lies not in protecting our secret truths, but in hiding from the truths of others.
    The dark protects us from what we dare not know.
    Its second gift is comforting illusion: the ease of gentle dreams in night’s embrace, the beauty that imagination brings to what would repel in the day’s harsh light. But the greatest of its comforts is the illusion that dark is temporary: that every night brings a new day. Because it’s the day that is temporary.
    Day is the illusion.
    Its third gift is the light itself: as days are defined by the nights that divide them, as stars are defined by the infinite black through which they wheel, the dark embraces the light, and brings it forth from the center of its own self.
    With each victory of the light, it is the dark that wins.

The dark is generous, and it is patient.
    It is the dark that seeds cruelty into justice, that drips contempt into compassion, that poisons love with grains of doubt.
    The dark can be patient, because the slightest drop of rain will cause those seeds to sprout.
    The rain will come, and the seeds will sprout, for the dark is the soil in which they grow, and it is the clouds above them, and it waits behind the star that gives them light.
    The dark’s patience is infinite.
    Eventually, even stars burn out.

The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
    It always wins because it is everywhere.
    It is in the wood that burns in your hearth, and in the kettle on the fire; it is under your chair and under your table and under the sheets on your bed. Walk in the midday sun, and the dark is with you, attached to the soles of your feet.
    The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.

The dark is generous and it is patient and it always wins – but in the heart of its strength lies its weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
    Love is more than a candle.
    Love can ignite the stars."

Alpha and Omega the beginning and the end.

You began the war.

I am going to end it!

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by mesor View Post
    Think ill give pop a try .....
    Welcome to the community!..

Have fun, it is a lot tougher than the vanilla experience that's for sure. Make sure though, if you are checking out you are on the Patch 1.34, and not the latest 1.43 patch. There are some bugs that WB introduced with the latest Patch of 1.43 to mods made for 1.34. We are working on a fix for that, but it's still in the testing phase, and our testers naturally keep on finding more stuff for us to fix, so it's still not ready yet.

Naturally if you've already upgraded to 1.43, the game is still playable, but I wouldn't recommend being an "archer type character" as one of the known bugs is ammo of those kind of weapons slowly disappearing in the stores.

Well have fun!

MP

Im more of a who wants to mess with me and my 8 foot sword kinda guy who wants to shoot the enemy when you can stand 3 foot away and cleave hes head in half with a saber thats bigger then the enemy is .

But i cant run it ive got it set up fine but im getting an error message when loading the game unable to open CommonRes/costumes_a.brf.

Ive looked around a little but havnt found a fix for it yet do you know how to repair it so that i can run it or is there no fix for it yet?

I am running warband 1.143 thats the version i downloaded when i first downloaded the game hadnt seen there were so many bugs at the time and pendor 3.01.
    Last edited by mesor; July 24, 2011 at 01:19 PM.
    I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes I am the ghost, that hides in the night.

we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be,

" The dark is generous.
    Its first gift is concealment: our true faces lie in the dark beneath our skins, our true hearts remain shadowed deeper still. But the greatest concealment lies not in protecting our secret truths, but in hiding from the truths of others.
    Its second gift is comforting illusion: the ease of gentle dreams in night’s embrace, the beauty that imagination brings to what would repel in the day’s harsh light. But the greatest of its comforts is the illusion that dark is temporary: that every night brings a new day. Because it’s the day that is temporary.
    Day is the illusion.
    Its third gift is the light itself: as days are defined by the nights that divide them, as stars are defined by the infinite black through which they wheel, the dark embraces the light, and brings it forth from the center of its own self.

It is the dark that seeds cruelty into justice, that drips contempt into compassion, that poisons love with grains of doubt.
    The dark can be patient, because the slightest drop of rain will cause those seeds to sprout.
    The rain will come, and the seeds will sprout, for the dark is the soil in which they grow, and it is the clouds above them, and it waits behind the star that gives them light.

It is in the wood that burns in your hearth, and in the kettle on the fire; it is under your chair and under your table and under the sheets on your bed. Walk in the midday sun, and the dark is with you, attached to the soles of your feet.

The dark is generous and it is patient and it always wins – but in the heart of its strength lies its weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back.

You began the war.

I am going to end it!

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by mesor View Post
    But i cant run it ive got it set up fine but im getting an error message when loading the game unable to open CommonRes/costumes_a.brf.
    Hmm.. that error is more common if for some reason you downloaded our "original version of PoP" for Mount and Blade (The one that is NOT the Warband Version)..

You sure you downloaded the right version? Remember, the only link I have hear is the one for the Warband version. I would suggest perhaps do a reinstall of the POP version itself and try again, and hopefully it will be ok.

Worse comes to worse, if your still having problems then visit our support forums here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...,147708.0.html

And feel free to post your issues there. I wish I could give you more support then that, but lots of the "Tech" gurus don't really visit these boards yet, hopefully with time that will change of course!, but for now that's your best bet to getting the problem solved in an efficient manner.

Even if you have WB, 1.43, you shouldn't get errors to run the game, it will still run, you'll just have to deal with certain bugs that are known for being a mod that's mean to be played on the 1.34 version of Warband.

regards,

MP

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1011

Im downloading this 1 again now as far as i can tell it is the right one am i wrong?
    I may well have downloaded the wrong one i can work wonders with computers in most cases but mods so far just end if a miraculously big headache and a rather large desire to throw my laptop off the top of a very big building.

All good reinstalling didnt work so my friend sent me a copy of he's i compared the coding and found the piece that was missing and added it .
    Last edited by Turkeys!; July 26, 2011 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Double Post

" The dark is generous.
    Day is the illusion.

You began the war.

I am going to end it!

Cougman21's Avatar Decanus

@Mesor- I had the same issue and error message, which occured when I downloaded the wrong version for WB. (Like MP84 said)

Otherwise, after playing for three days, I'd have to say this is a very fun mod. I'm not sure if you can even call it a mod tho, since its almost completely different than vanilla. The devs put a lot of work in creating depth and after many hours it seems like I havent even scratched the surface of what there is to do. If youre not new to MB I would definitely recommend playing this mod.

René Artois's Avatar Dux Limitis

Does this mod still have that rubbish feature that penalises you if you use cheats?
    Bitter is the wind tonight,
    it stirs up the white-waved sea.
    I do not fear the coursing of the Irish sea
    by the fierce warriors of Lothlind.

Yup! And we are still very proud of that game-defining feature.
    Let's Plays; https://www.youtube.com/MordredViking
    Prophesy of Pendor : Senior Designer
    "History will be kind to me, for I intend to write it"

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by M0rdred View Post
    Yup! And we are still very proud of that game-defining feature.
    I welcome the inclusion of that feature.

Resists urge to ask how the next update is going....

I thoroughly enjoyed the game, done it to death for now may pick it up again.

I have been playing M&B and Warband for a few weeks now (and still am playing... ), and I have to say that PoP is easily my most favourite mod for either game so far. Sword of Damocles is a close second, imho.

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

I know this might sound like a weird question, but i've dLed PoP and have just joined the Dshar faction, i'm enjoying it, but what should i do? I've heard there are gems, elves, cobras etc, but i can only see the "normal" faction cities on the map. Is there a specific way to kick off the story (if there is one?)?

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by GHANDI, MATE View Post
    Does this mod still have that rubbish feature that penalises you if you use cheats?
    From what ive seen it only penalizes you for inbattle cheats like ctrl + f4

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    I know this might sound like a weird question, but i've dLed PoP and have just joined the Dshar faction, i'm enjoying it, but what should i do? I've heard there are gems, elves, cobras etc, but i can only see the "normal" faction cities on the map. Is there a specific way to kick off the story (if there is one?)?
    Go to the mod forum on tw and read the faq it is really useful. Id link you if i wasnt working.

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    Special factions don't have cities like traditional factions and instead spawn little raiding parties, war parties, and full armies numbering from 600-900. Some of these armies are led by unique characters such as Maltise of the Dread Legion or Alaric von Brouhaha. Each army having it's own special units for the most part. If you defeat and capture one of these leaders you can get a gem, armor or their removal. Gems can be used to found advanced Knighthoods, unlock secret locations and secret equipment.

There isn't so much a story as there are victory guidelines.
    Found your own Kingdom with the Pendor culture.
    Defeat other major factions.
    Defeat minor factions and any of their heroes excluding the Noldor.
    Make friends with the Noldor.
    Then retire after accomplishing all that in order to see the whole victory thing.

Anyone else think it be cool if you could either

Make friends with the Noldor. or Destroy the Noldor as a victory condition

Having the choice would be nice, but... why would you want to destroy the source for the best troops and equipment in the entire game?

Quote Originally Posted by Kreiglord View Post
    Anyone else think it be cool if you could either

Make friends with the Noldor. or Destroy the Noldor as a victory condition
    You can make friends with the Noldor or destroy them:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Get something like 20 relations with them, then that Noldor guy in the tavern will give you a quest to defeat a Jatu army, after which you'll get access to the Noldor castle, Elacrai. You can try and destroy it, but you'll never see it again if you screw up, and it's filled with Noldor archers, so you'll die quickly.

A good way to befriend them is to lure them near the big minor faction armies. That way, the Noldor do all the fighting, you get your gem, good loot and good relations.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Philp View Post
    You can make friends with the Noldor or destroy them:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Get something like 20 relations with them, then that Noldor guy in the tavern will give you a quest to defeat a Jatu army, after which you'll get access to the Noldor castle, Elacrai. You can try and destroy it, but you'll never see it again if you screw up, and it's filled with Noldor archers, so you'll die quickly.

A good way to befriend them is to lure them near the big minor faction armies. That way, the Noldor do all the fighting, you get your gem, good loot and good relations.

Well I attacked them just to see what would happen then got raped

Attacked again then just ctrl + f4 until I won to see what would happen I looted the city but wasnt given the option to take it for myself (kinda disappointed) then it disappeared
    Last edited by Krieglord; March 05, 2012 at 10:21 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast