Thread: Garrison in allied town/port and taking a city in the name of

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Garrison in allied town/port and taking a city in the name of

Title says all. Can this be implemented? Like when going in a campaign with GB on the continent being able to garrison and replenish your troops if allied settlement, or find cover if you run from someone.

Also, instead of taking a city and then selling it, can you claim a settlement in the name of your ally. Like a panel showing when besieging, with "Claim for yourself" or "Claim for Ally". if you claim for the ally, you must get their approval (elsewhere you'll take it for yourself). If you fail, you'll get a small diplomatic penalty, if you succeed, you'll get a + in diplomatic negociations with the ally and a sum of money, stabilited before, when you claimed the town.

What do you think?
    [Col] RO Citizen

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Default Re: Garrison in allied town/port and taking a city in the name of

Great ideas. I always wished Empire featured "liberations". When you conquer a territory, you should be given the option to return it to the original owning faction, or the choice to grant independence to an emergent faction that's based there (e.g. if you capture Hungary from Austria, you could grant Hungary independence, but it would become your ally/protectorate).

The ability to occupy allied towns is a no-brainer too, now that you have issues such as ships occupying ports and what not.

Yeah. I hope the protectorate stuff will be added to in NTw, especially if we look at the numbers of puupet-states created by Napoleon
    [Col] RO Citizen

I would very much like to be able to disembark in allied ports, i think that is very important and have been ignored in etw. Other things i would like to see is more interaction with your protectorates, for example you could tell them to build things or recruit some troops under your control, so they are not totally autonomous but you have a slight control over what they do. Maybe you could tell them what you ask for them in the diplomatic pannel, and then if they like you they will obey, but if you have bad relations there is chance that they will break off and refuse to do what you told them. This could very well represent the independence movement in the colonies, if you ask them too much they will get angry and rebel.
    Last edited by Hellenikon; November 07, 2009 at 07:56 AM.

Or if a protectorate researches something, the mother-country automatically has that tech reasearched too. And protectorates are forced to join the wars of their protector.
    [Col] RO Citizen

I would prefer only allied ship repairs. Also, now CA seems to be comnent with "Claim for ally" by means of take region - give to ally. I doubt they would bother to change something here.

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
    - W. Churchill

TheAussieDigger's Avatar Ducenarius

well historically during war both parties were allowed to take supplies and make repairs and non-allied peaceful ports, so perhaps u should be able to repair in non allied ports, but u pay the nation who owns the port and maybe it should take longer?

Hmmmm, That's not a bad idea. Maybe they should put it in Napoleon Total War
    Son of Major Darling | House of Caesars | Content Writer | My Workshop | Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TheAussieDigger View Post
    well historically during war both parties were allowed to take supplies and make repairs and non-allied peaceful ports, so perhaps u should be able to repair in non allied ports, but u pay the nation who owns the port and maybe it should take longer?
    Agree with that, except the thing that it should last longer.
    [Col] RO Citizen

TheAussieDigger's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by RO Citizen View Post
    Agree with that, except the thing that it should last longer.
    thats why it had a question mark

and if someone else asks for repairs in ur port, u can refuse

and if u refuse one nation but not the other and theyre at war, the one who refuse gets hates u because of it (diplomatic penalty)

and perhaps it should raise diplomacy if u accept anyone

Actually, wouldn't you get the "this faction leader is a fool, let's backstab him!" + in diplomacy.

Ok, I see
    [Col] RO Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by KippyK View Post
    Great ideas. I always wished Empire featured "liberations". When you conquer a territory, you should be given the option to return it to the original owning faction, or the choice to grant independence to an emergent faction that's based there (e.g. if you capture Hungary from Austria, you could grant Hungary independence, but it would become your ally/protectorate).
    Exactly my thoughts. And in doing so it would drastically improve relations with the original owning faction or emergent faction.
    "We'll do this business with the cold iron"
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDave View Post
    To Russian (now Russian Rebels): Hear that? That is the sound of me putting my large army into your tight little Motherland.