Thread: MTW battle problem - need assistance.

Default MTW battle problem - need assistance.

Hey, I've decided to get back into installing Medieval Total War and playing it again, I understand it's a bit gritty on the newest video cards but I just need this one issue solved for 100% playability of it.

I'm running Windows 7, a NVidia 8800 GS all up-to-date drivers video card and a AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core Processor 3.01ghz.

My first problem encountered with the game was with starting up a campaign, once it finished loading it jumped back to desktop with the message "Medieval TW has stopped working..." blah blah blah. So I closed the message to close the program and proceeded with changing the compatibility of the shortcut to Windows XP Service Pack 3 and run as administrator. Doing that fixed the issue with loading a campaign but however...

I went to start a battle tutorial (First Tutorial) and it successfully loads but with some strange issue to it's twist. What I get is the camera sticks, no battle interface, radar or anything like that, just the battlefield itself and I encounter flickering on the screen...hard to describe what kind exactly but I can still see the battlefield and I can hear the sound from the game, no problems with sound at all.

If anyone else has had this problem or has some knowledge on how to solve it, I would appreciate if you would help me fix this last issue to allow me 100% playability of this classic game, thanks in advance.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: MTW battle problem - need assistance.

No fix...whatsoever?

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Do you have an old machine with WinMe, 7000 video card, 168 drivers? If not, no. It will never happen.