Thread: Christopher Walken Apparently running in 2008 presidential Elections (US)

Default Christopher Walken Apparently running in 2008 presidential Elections (US)

Ok i posted a topic on this before but it was quickly hijacked with non-sensical post's, a website has sprung up claiming to represent the acting legend..it's suspicously low key, but has managed to cause quite the stir across the net..if it's a fake then it's delivered on it's intention's ,if it's real ,what does this mean for the presidential race, does Chris Walken have the Charisma to pull this off in a serious fashion?...

http://www.walken2008.com/index.html

It's fake I hear from several sources. It's not in any of the credible news outlets, as well as there are sites disproving it.
    But mark me well; Religion is my name;
    An angel once: but now a fury grown,
    Too often talked of, but too little known.

-Jonathan Swift

"There's only a few things I'd actually kill for: revenge, jewelry, Father O'Malley's weedwacker..."
    -Bender (Futurama) awesome

Universal truth is not measured in mass appeal.
    -Immortal Technique

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

All's I knowses is:
    If he really is gonna run...he has got my vote.
    The State of the Union address would be frickin' awesome!

Cobra's Avatar Earl of Boof

Terrorists, i, don't like your tone. Talk to me like that again, and, I'll stab you in face with a soldering iron.

Tom Paine's Avatar Mr Common Sense
    Patrician

Silver Spring, Maryland (inside the Beltway)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Skinna
    It's fake I hear from several sources. It's not in any of the credible news outlets, as well as there are sites disproving it.
    Well they give a reason for not putting it in the mainstream. he hasn't said anything about it which is itself ambiguous. Where are these other sites (and did they do the same for Arnold when he ran for governor)?

The site makes him sound very good and credible, but it's not certain if its true. The site does use pictures of him from his acting career though, which to me seems a no-no, they should have him kissing babies, stabbing people in the faces, and political rally photos. What they do have, is low calibre, and helps the acquittal of it just as a hoax, not a uncertain rumour.
    But mark me well; Religion is my name;
    An angel once: but now a fury grown,
    Too often talked of, but too little known.

-Jonathan Swift

"There's only a few things I'd actually kill for: revenge, jewelry, Father O'Malley's weedwacker..."
    -Bender (Futurama) awesome

Universal truth is not measured in mass appeal.
    -Immortal Technique

Yes but it must be remembered that the Rule's about candidate spending are very strict no? ,i was under the impression that candidate's themselves are very limited in the personal money they can spend during a campaign ,hence the hefty donations. But i hear what you are saying Da Skinna , the site is at least suspect ,though i will not dismiss it until i see definitive proof exposing it as a fake , if an Austrian bodybuilder come action movie star can become governor of california , why not Walken running for president ,in the bizarre world of american politics it can sometimes be hard to tell truth from fiction.

I dont cuss much on these forums but

Censor bypass removed. User Warned. -Ardeur Christopher Walken as president?
    i could imagine his speech.

Look everyone uhh scooch closer hey was i talking to you no.."shut up".
    look you should vote for me..if you dont ill stab ya in the face with a saudering iron.
    Last edited by Ardeur; August 17, 2005 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Censor bypass
    http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Dark11
    Click the link above and Join eRepublik today its FREE and FUN!

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSparta
    Yes but it must be remembered that the Rule's about candidate spending are very strict no? ,i was under the impression that candidate's themselves are very limited in the personal money they can spend during a campaign ,hence the hefty donations. But i hear what you are saying Da Skinna , the site is at least suspect ,though i will not dismiss it until i see definitive proof exposing it as a fake , if an Austrian bodybuilder come action movie star can become governor of california , why not Walken running for president ,in the bizarre world of american politics it can sometimes be hard to tell truth from fiction.
    Walken's advantage is he's American.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Quote Originally Posted by Hapsburg
    All's I knowses is:
    If he really is gonna run...he has got my vote.
    The State of the Union address would be frickin' awesome!
    ROFL. I would vote for him definately, i really wouldn't care what party he ran for either. It would be utterly hilarious to no end and i would laugh myself into an asylem if he ever ran. Every day would be comedy and the world would be like my own personal SNL skit, rofl.

IMO i would actually vote for him simply because it would be different than the corporate sellouts that we've been having as competition lately.

edit: I would HAVE to see his presidential painting, lol. Among other thigns, it would be hilarious i can't stop laughing.. the speachs would be worth it alone.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Simetrical's Avatar Former Chief Technician
    Patrician

snopes quotes Walken's publicist:
    A Web site announcing Hollywood actor Christopher Walken plans to seek the U.S. presidency is a hoax, his publicist says.

The site, walken2008.com claims to quote the actor as saying, "It's time to get America back on track," and says he will run for the nation's top post in 2008.

But his rep told "Entertainment Tonight" that the site is "100 percent not true."

"(It) sounds like someone got a little too excited over his role as secretary of the Treasury in 'The Wedding Crashers' and now they want to make him president," the rep said.
    Issue closed (but thread still open, although it will probably die of its own accord sooner or later).
    MediaWiki developer, TWC Chief Technician
    NetHack player (nao info)

Risen from Prey

MaximiIian's Avatar Comes Limitis

Awww...frick!
    I was hoping it would be the real thing. That'd have been friggin' awesome, man, if Walken became Prez.