Thread: NTW Expansion pack

Sir Nicholas Altman's Avatar Campidoctor

Default NTW Expansion pack

I was wondering will the war of 1812 between USA and GB be a good DLC for NTW? It would make a really good small campaign.

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: NTW Expansion pack

I think it would be about perfect for a DLC to NTW. I also think the Wars of German/Italian Unification make good possibilities but those might be better saved as DLC for a possible Victoria: TW. I also hope that CA releases a Frederick the Great: TW that covers the Seven Years War at some point with DLC for the First and Second Silesian Wars.

Speaking of Victoria, asif there aren't enough reasons for a game set in that time to be made, she gave her name to that period. We all know it as the Victorian era. And in the interview with that CA guy he said one of the reasons they picked Napoleon was that he defined an era, it was his name that is remembered in that era - the Napoleonic era. So not only is it logically and chronologically correct to go on to this era, its also a period where someone's power defined it, just like Napoleon.

Anyways. Little off topic... just wanted to say that...
    Last edited by The Gallant Forty-Twa; November 05, 2009 at 12:23 PM.

That would be a wonderful period for an expansion. Perhaps CA will release some more DLC addressing this.
    The extra development time will allow us to finalize and polish Empire, making it the most accomplished and epic of the Total War series." said Kieran Brigden, Studio Communications Manager at The Creative Assembly. "There is a great deal of anticipation around Empire: Total War and we want to ensure that it is the benchmark for strategy games upon its release.

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

An expansion based only on the 1812 war war would be too much, but with some units/techs/regions/stuff added to Europe too would be good.

A Victorian Era expansion would be great. Crimean War, Balkanic struggle for independence and European revoultions, ACW and War of the Triple Alliance, Opium Wars, road to the British India, etc. This would be great!
    [Col] RO Citizen

Elyrioth's Avatar Senator

Given the small scale of the Warpath exapnsion for ETW I would think the War of 1812 would fit right into that style as DLC. The precedence for small exapsions has been set. I think we are kidding ourselves if we think we are going to get a Victorian expansion for NTW. It would need to be bigger that the original game. NTW is Europe only A Vitorian expansion would not work unless it is the whole world. It would be bigger that ETW! Would it be nice? Of course. Will it happen? Not in a million years, unfortunately. If a Victorian TW does come out it will not be an expansion.

I think of all the expansion ideas I have heard the War of 1812 is the most probable. Small easy for DLC. The NTW game has no America no US faction, this would at least give something of regional interest to the US market. Makes Sense could also use the RtoI map as a basis. ACW could be done too but much more scale, technology changes and a full North American Map.

I would go yes of all the suggested expansions the War of 1812 is probably the most realistic.
    Last edited by Elyrioth; November 06, 2009 at 08:25 PM.
    Na Géanna Fiáine

I would like a kingdoms type of expansion, like a War of 1812, Civil War, Victorian British Wars (maybe the map going from India down to Australia, imagine that, my Australia finaly bein in a Total War game.) and possibly the Crimeain Wars.
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

This may sound stupid but what is DLC

Quote Originally Posted by klok View Post
    This may sound stupid but what is DLC

Dowloadable content. A stuff (units/expansiions/maps/etc.) that you can buy from Steam and automatically d-load to your desktop (no CD)

Ok, Elyrioth, you're right. VTW would fit more in a standalone game. But still, a NTW expansion would need something added to Europe too (the 1812 war was between 1812-1814, so Europe needs something after 1812, too)
    [Col] RO Citizen

I've been thinking the same thing recently. Perhaps they might even go the way of American Conquest: Divided Nations and cover all of early to mid 19th century US Wars, from the war of 1812 right through to the Texas war of Independence and the American Civil War. Personally I doubt that they'd go along this route, but the War of 1812 DLC does sound like a plausible expansion for Napoleon considering it could be seen as another theatre of the Napoleonic Wars.

A history of Us in the 19th century you say? No, it would be too long for a DLC and unappropitate for a NTW expansion
    [Col] RO Citizen