Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Period Portraits Mod 0.4

ChrisJoker's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Period Portraits Mod 0.4

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelxxx View Post
    Just download the startpost again. The update overwritten your startpost, which is necessary if you want the mod working properly.
    If you can not see any portrait (of the mod) your problem is other. Try deactivating others mods...
    what startops should i download i dont understand,and my problem is if activate the portraits mod i get a CTD at the start up of the game!
    "An army of sheep led by a lion can defeat an army of lions lead by a sheep".(Arab proverb)

I have only three things left to Mod, and my own game will be perfect according to my tastes.

But my eyes are getting raw from two strait days of reading on this forum.

This is the relevant number I need to mod :

I want to mod Austrian faction, only Austrian faction. Specifically the royal Family.
    I want to insure that when Leopold II , who starts the game as Austrian Emperor, dies, he is succeeded by a Queen, between 5 and 20 years old, with a vanilla ETW portrait of my choosing, that she has a Bishop and a mistress in her retinue, and that she has the status-qou, Pious, and morally impaired traits.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to tutorials / forum threads ?
    Do I need DBEditor? or Esf editor ?
    It appears that pack file manager has not been updated recently , and there are pages of complains about it not working since the last two or three patches, is that true ?

Any help please ?

I'm Sorry to clutter this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJoker View Post
    what startops should i download i dont understand,and my problem is if activate the portraits mod i get a CTD at the start up of the game!
    What do you use for activate it? mod manager or userscript?

First post:

Standard startpos.7z

Last edited by Isabelxxx; January 16, 2010 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kesa82 View Post
    I have only three things left to Mod, and my own game will be perfect according to my tastes.

But my eyes are getting raw from two strait days of reading on this forum.

This is the relevant number I need to mod :

I want to mod Austrian faction, only Austrian faction. Specifically the royal Family.
    I want to insure that when Leopold II , who starts the game as Austrian Emperor, dies, he is succeeded by a Queen, between 5 and 20 years old, with a vanilla ETW portrait of my choosing, that she has a Bishop and a mistress in her retinue, and that she has the status-qou, Pious, and morally impaired traits.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to tutorials / forum threads ?
    Do I need DBEditor? or Esf editor ?
    It appears that pack file manager has not been updated recently , and there are pages of complains about it not working since the last two or three patches, is that true ?

Any help please ?

I'm Sorry to clutter this thread.
    For change Austrian's successors you have to change your startpos with ESF editor.
    You can choose her portrait, (if she is alive when the game starts), and add traits.
    Go to Model\world\faction array\Prussia\character array\...
    For successor: Prussia\gov\...
    About 5-20 years old... That's possible if the king die soon (no 40 years in the game) and the future queen have a proper old when you start a campaign.

You can not assign ministers to Queens\Kings. If your king dies you will have the same ministers you had before his died.

For tutorial and info:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=272139

Any problem send me a PM.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Onkel Tuca: I still suspect that the startpos on this mod needs updating because of the latest patch. ToonTotalWar on another thread has said that CA made changes to the American region in terms of resources. Since then, I have always had crashes when using the startpos on the OP. Could you plz have a look at this for us. The startpos on this mod has not been updated since November.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

ChrisJoker's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    Onkel Tuca: I still suspect that the startpos on this mod needs updating because of the latest patch. ToonTotalWar on another thread has said that CA made changes to the American region in terms of resources. Since then, I have always had crashes when using the startpos on the OP. Could you plz have a look at this for us. The startpos on this mod has not been updated since November.
    thats my point
    and Isabel my startops is clean and original vanilla one the problem is this mod its not working i get a ctd at start up of game and i activate this mod with userempire script because i cant install mod manger because an error it encounter when i open it i think its because all the steam updates!!
    Last edited by ChrisJoker; December 26, 2009 at 08:10 PM.
    "An army of sheep led by a lion can defeat an army of lions lead by a sheep".(Arab proverb)

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelxxx View Post
    For change Austrian's successors you have to change your startpos with ESF editor.
    You can choose her portrait, (if she is alive when the game starts), and add traits.
    Go to Model\world\faction array\Prussia\character array\...
    For successor: Prussia\gov\...
    About 5-20 years old... That's possible if the king die soon (no 40 years in the game) and the future queen have a proper old when you start a campaign.

You can not assign ministers to Queens\Kings. If your king dies you will have the same ministers you had before his died.

For tutorial and info:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=272139

Any problem send me a PM.
    Thank you very much for all the references !

I can update it. It's really easy.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJoker View Post
    thats my point
    and Isabel my startops is clean and original vanilla one the problem is this mod its not working i get a ctd at start up of game and i activate this mod with userempire script because i cant install mod manger because an error it encounter when i open it i think its because all the steam updates!!
    ... Period Portraits mod can not give CTD by itself. The mod works properly. Write me here all lines you have written in your own userscript.
    And put too all Name files of your mods.

Other thing:
    If someone have updated his game and uses this startpos there is no reason for CTD, new resource regions only works if you have a updated startpos, if you haven't it, it does not happen anything...

I will update the startpos.

Thank you Isabellxxx.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

For uncompress the zip files is necessary 7z:
    http://www.7-zip.org/
    Download 7-Zip 9.10 beta (2009-12-22) for Windows:
    http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sevenzip/7z910.exe

Here it is, Standard Startpos update 7. Dec:
    Standard startpos.7z

Last edited by Isabelxxx; January 16, 2010 at 08:27 AM.

Okay I haven't had any crashes (yet) with the new startpos. Thank you. Could you add portraits for the non-European Eastern factions?
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; January 06, 2010 at 02:13 AM.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Senator

This is very interesting, but if i dont replace startpos.esf file, but i put only pack file to data then it works?

Yes it works but you will not see for ex. French king with his portrait.
    With startpos portraits are assigned to theirs owners.
    Without it portraits are assigned randomly.

Not getting crashes any more well done.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Not getting crashes any more well done.
    I plan post soon a portrait mod which will include this , Period portraits (Spanish mod), natives portraits (from HusserTw), pirate portraits and others by me.
    I have sent a PM to Onkel Tuca but he appears not to be connected... I could update his.
    The question Is that I will use my own startpos (because I will add other things: pirates playable, all factions no emergent playable, compatibilitie with DM,...).

We need portraits for the Eastern factions too e.g. Ottomans, Marathas, Mughals, Afghans, Mysore.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

We need portraits for the Eastern factions too e.g. Ottomans, Marathas, Mughals, Afghans, Mysore.
    I'm working on it.
    About my mod/update you have to know that I have change the shape:

And B&W portraits are now in sepia.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I have change ALL vanilla portraits to sepia (for having a base according to my real portraits for portraits which are not replaced yet).
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=322499

So my plan is change all vanilla portraits for real portraits and those portraits which are not changed will be in sepia (optional)...

TheJian's Avatar Miles

Keep up the Very Good Work man!!

@Isabelxx sorry 2 say we have 2 many StartPos Mods now, what will you do 2 make your stand out.....
    Last edited by TheJian; January 13, 2010 at 05:07 AM.
    Boys want quantity, while men seek quality.
    Mere external facts cannot serve as a ground of reasoning.
    What we are able to learn is greatly dependent upon what we already know. Different people with different amounts of information will UNDERSTAND different.
    "That until you understand white supremacy everything else will confuse you" ~Neely Fuller~
    There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep a man in ever lasting ignorance. This principle is contempt prior to examination.
    They came before Columbus - Dr Ivan Van Sertima

Quote Originally Posted by TheJian View Post
    Keep up the Very Good Work man!!

@Isabelxx sorry 2 say we have 2 many StartPos Mods now, what will you do 2 make your stand out.....
    I know it...
    My startpos will be a DM startpos (and vanilla) with Realistic Colonial and other changes, it will contain other interesting startpos mods... and all factions playable.
    So I think there is no problem with this, no?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast