Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Period Portraits Mod 0.4

Default Period Portraits Mod 0.4

Period Portraits Mod 0.4

I'm back from the depths, now releasing my latest work!

Did you ever grow tired of the portraits present in ETW? Think they all look identical? I just might have a solution for you!

This little mod replaces the following categories of portraits in ETW with historical portraits from the period:
    - European kings
    - European queens
    - European generals
    - European ministers/gentlemen
    - Catholic missionaries
    - Protestant missionaries
    Total portraits swapped: 4048 (counting both icons and larger images, old and young)

Example:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I have attempted to find the proper portrait for all monarchs/agents present at the start of the campaign, 1700. Where this has not been possible, or there simply is no portrait depicting this particular person, a random portrait is chosen instead.

I would like to develop and expand the mod in most every direction. If anyone can give me directions to where I could find historical portraits of the other categories in ETW, then please do so!

With 0.3, co-operation with Yoram777 has begun. Give your heartfelt thanks to him for adding frames to all icons, making them look much, much better! I sure will!

Changelog
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Version 0.4

Most, if not all icons have been resized, and should now appear more symmetrical and less deformed

Version 0.3

Frames added to all icons, thanks to Yoram777

Version 0.2

Corrected 13 misplaced general portraits

Download links:

Pack file 0.4 (used by everyone)
    http://www.filefront.com/14928021/Pe...its%20v0.4.rar
    Alternate: http://www.mediafire.com/?tdj4jytykti

Standard startpos.esf
    http://www.filefront.com/14878253/St...20startpos.rar

Imperial Splendour compatible startpos.esf
    http://www.filefront.com/14878279/IS%20startpos.rar

Activate with LtChambers' Mod Manager and replace startpos.esf in the specified directory (found in the rar file). Consider backing up the startpos.esf file first!

Report bugs here, and I will attempt to fix them ASAP!

Thanks goes to LtChambers and just, among others for providing very helpful tools, without which this would not be possible.
    Last edited by Onkel Tuca; November 16, 2009 at 07:48 PM.

Default Re: Period Portraits Mod 0.1

very nice indeed. it is just liek the events images mod which i love so much. +rep!

*EDIT* - IS compatible version? i love you even more!
    Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet.

- Napoleon Bonaparte

Great Mod I actually just learned how to do this

Fan-friggen-tastic!

I have been waiting for a mod like this! Thanks for the work. Over 4000 portraits... Amazing!

I see you have an IS compatable version, any chance for a DARTHMOD compatable version in the future?

Also does this mod include all heirs,claimants etc?

They should be replaced as well, though probably not with the correct portrait for the particular persons. Seeing as the Royal Family mod currently doesn't work with the latest patch for ETW, 1.5 (as far as I know), I didn't bother finding all the right portraits, so they are all random. But, as I said, the portraits should still be replaced properly, theoretically at least.

Well thank you its looks great and i can't wait for it to finish downloading

damn I already started my campaign......

Quote Originally Posted by Okuto View Post
    damn I already started my campaign......
    It should still work. The startpos.esf is only needed to place a few portraits in their right place, but it's nothing crucial, and completely unnecessary if you're not starting a new campaign. Try it out!

Awesome, great work and +rep to you Squire!

already downloaded and installed, two points?

1) as you are in the thought process of the "family mod" is there any chance you might look at it and make the necessary adjustments to it to get it working again, apparently the OP doesn't want to bother anymore and gave his ok for someone to pick it up, and since you are very close to the same "aspects" of the game, you might be able to handle this task better than say someone in another part of the coding or stats....

2) a while ago, someone posted the portraits/icons/pictures of all the European/India/N.A. generals, admirals, leaders, ministers etc.. found in ETW, and some people even downloaded them as avatars that you see still from time to time. But the Admirals were all different from the ones ingame. In fact the "Generals" pictures seemed to be used by both Generals and Admirals both now still in-game, and everyone stated they had never seen any of the Admirals pictures used. Is there anything that you know about this and can it be rectified as well? I understand that your work is to portray real images of real generals and admirals etc... but would be nice to have a generic Admiral instead of a generic General when needed

Push on, brave York volunteers

Quote Originally Posted by Major General Isaac Brock View Post
    Awesome, great work and +rep to you Squire!

already downloaded and installed, two points?

1) as you are in the thought process of the "family mod" is there any chance you might look at it and make the necessary adjustments to it to get it working again, apparently the OP doesn't want to bother anymore and gave his ok for someone to pick it up, and since you are very close to the same "aspects" of the game, you might be able to handle this task better than say someone in another part of the coding or stats....

2) a while ago, someone posted the portraits/icons/pictures of all the European/India/N.A. generals, admirals, leaders, ministers etc.. found in ETW, and some people even downloaded them as avatars that you see still from time to time. But the Admirals were all different from the ones ingame. In fact the "Generals" pictures seemed to be used by both Generals and Admirals both now still in-game, and everyone stated they had never seen any of the Admirals pictures used. Is there anything that you know about this and can it be rectified as well? I understand that your work is to portray real images of real generals and admirals etc... but would be nice to have a generic Admiral instead of a generic General when needed
    1. I'm afraid I don't know much of the inner workings of the family mod. I might take a look at it sometime.

2. This is true. Admirals are in a seperate folder from generals, yet the game only looks in the general folder when finding the portrait for both generals and admirals. I'm afraid more in-depth coding is required to make the game check the admiral folder, something I'm not capable of. If someone could somehow solve this problem, it'd work wonders for me too.

Once last question would this mod work with the late campagin mod?

Quote Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
    Once last question would this mod work with the late campagin mod?
    I think it should. If it modifies the startpos.esf, don't replace it with the portrait startpos.esf.

Corvis's Avatar Campidoctor

I downloaded the IS compatible version (twice) and it appears that it's corrupt. The pack file seems to be missing, was wondering if this was just me I'm having this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvis View Post
    I downloaded the IS compatible version (twice) and it appears that it's corrupt. The pack file seems to be missing, was wondering if this was just me I'm having this problem.
    Odd. The standard version seems to work fine though. If you use the startpos.esf from the IS rar, and the pack file from the standard rar, things should work fine.

Very interesting work.
    Son of PW

I have uploaded an uncorrupt version of the IS compatible mod. It should work better.

http://www.filefront.com/14865639/Pe...200.1%20IS.rar

Excellent job.

BKF's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Corvis View Post
    Hi Onkel:

Yes this is happening to me also, downloaded the IS version and the pack file won't extract as it says it is corrupted. Can you please check the integrity of this download. I downloaded the newest update also and still no joy. My thanks however for putting this "immersive and atmospheric" mod together.
    BKF - To infinity and beyond...

Corvis's Avatar Campidoctor

I just downloaded the newest version as well and still receiving a corrupt error message. However, I did as you suggested using the standard version pack file and it works fine for Imperial Splendour as far as I can tell. Fantastic work, love it!

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast