Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: RTRVII: Fate of Empires - Bugs and Issues

MasterOfThessus's Avatar RTR Betateam Leader

Default Re: RTRVII: Fate of Empires - Bugs and Issues

I think there was some issues with the script that made some cities go AM, without you knowing it

Hey guys,

I just installed RTR and I keep getting CTD. I open the game and then it shows me the initial screen, then crashes and I get this message about a missing file. See attached screenshot. Can anyone point me in the right direction of a fix? I looked around the forum but I couldn't find anyone with a similar problem.

Thanks!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5181/...cd62716b_o.jpg

MasterOfThessus's Avatar RTR Betateam Leader

What version of RTW are you trying to install FOE on?

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Semms like BI not patched to 1.6

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Hmm, I tried repatching it, patches 1.2-1.5 worked fine, but patch 1.6 "Couldn't detect BI." This is frustrating, but I guess I'll try to reinstall RTW and BI over again and see if that works.

When installing BI, I think you don't need any other patches than 1.6 as that's in the BI installation.

General Lee's Avatar Libertus

A Bug I've seen: When you have elephants with a general, the General isn't shown. Ele without towers just don't have anyone in the tower where the general should be, african eles without tower don't have a general on them, you don't even know where you general is.

Now some balancing issues. I've actually done some Balancing with my version because after finishing his a-levels in about a month a friend will join to play with me online
    Now, perhaps this will help you a bit because there're some things which are a bit imba related to the units imho, especially the costs in custom battles. Perhaps some of my changes are an animation for some of your (surely already planned or executed) changes of some units (I'm totally aware that FOE is not the full game yet).

Keltoi ambacti for all factions

reason: They're called to be mercenaries known all over the mediterranean, but only the barbaroi have them? Pretty strange, right?

Increase of costs for Macedonian Phalangitai(432-1000; 720-1600)

Well, I've actually unlocked this faction, so of course the prices weren't an issue in your development of course. The normal phalanx costs as much as the mercenary phalanx, the elite phalanx (which has nevertheless the same numbers other than the epeirote elite phalanx) costs more, also because it has this awesome eagle

Indian elephants (3000-10000)
    Well, just wanted to balance them. Of course you should make them more vulnerable in the later version, but this was already mentioned.

Keltoi heavy Cavalry (1300-1600)
    One of the best cav-units for just 1300 and the lighter version just costing 100 less was a bit disturbing imo, also it defeated the other elite cavs which all cost about 1.5k, so I changed it a bit. Also I unlocked them for Carthage as Hannibal had them (and I needed them for my Cannae-army )

Elite Scutarii (1200-1600), Scutarii Cavalry (1000-1600), both these + Lusitanian Caetrati only available as Iberia

The Elite Scutarii are the second best inf-unit in the game, but just cost 1200? Also the Scutarii Cav is one of the best cavs, but just costs too less with 1000 denarii only. Also these units should be elites which imo only Iberia should have...

reduced costs for numidian elephants (2000-1500)
    just to make the normal numidian elephant worth buying, before the better version costed the same price

Epeirote Phalanx (1000-800; 1600-1100)
    The Epeirote normal phalanx costed as much as the mercenary phalanx, but was weaker (also had lesser morale), which made it completely useless. Now it's equally priced like these blue-white phalangites from South-Italy which also have exactly the same stats...

No elephants except for Carthage, Macedon and Epeirus; African elephants only for Carthage and Massyli
    Well, no barbarian faction had elephants historically, so didn't the Romans. Also Epeirote just had the Indian ones, so I fixed that a bit because it's a bit disturbing imo when you play e.g. Rome and they have Elephants.

I can't await the finished version, I'm sure it will be a big hit!

Eat Meat Whale Meat
    Technical Staff Citizen took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

I have a persistent problem with a CTD on an Autonomoi Dynastai turn. I've tried following and not following AI activity, and it CTDs at the same point. With fow off and following AI, it looks like it crashes when an FM, don't know who, tries to enter a city. I thought it might be a revolt CTD as a nearby FM was occupying a city with 75% happiness which might revolt if he left, but I can't find a way of making him immovable. Giving him the Immovable trait with level 1 only makes him show as "Mobile", which isn't what I want.

Any idea as to what this might be, and how to get around it?

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

It can be an instance of the clone CTD, I know that Tony fixed it for VII some months ago but I don't know if it is present in FOE or not.

RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member
    My AAR: For Glory and the Republic!

Proud to be patronized by ybbon66

Eat Meat Whale Meat

Quote Originally Posted by Maurits View Post
    It can be an instance of the clone CTD, I know that Tony fixed it for VII some months ago but I don't know if it is present in FOE or not.
    Is there any way of implementing this within a campaign?

Indefinitely Banned

I don't think that it's an occurrance of the Clone CTD, as I applied the "Fix" in the FOE 1.3 patch and there have been no additions made to any family trees since. However, I have noticed that, even when testing the VII Beta, there have been occasional unexplained CTD'd during the "turn" of one of the three mini-factions (Barbaroi, Independent Dynastai, Independent City-States). I suspect that it may be down to a rogue trait or ancillary, but as I'm an expert in neither I can't say for sure. However, I can say that we do have some of our guys looking at both so, hopefully, if the problem does lie there, it will be picked up.

Eat Meat Whale Meat

Quote Originally Posted by Tony83 View Post
    I don't think that it's an occurrance of the Clone CTD, as I applied the "Fix" in the FOE 1.3 patch and there have been no additions made to any family trees since. However, I have noticed that, even when testing the VII Beta, there have been occasional unexplained CTD'd during the "turn" of one of the three mini-factions (Barbaroi, Independent Dynastai, Independent City-States). I suspect that it may be down to a rogue trait or ancillary, but as I'm an expert in neither I can't say for sure. However, I can say that we do have some of our guys looking at both so, hopefully, if the problem does lie there, it will be picked up.
    Can you give me a few useful keywords so I can poke around and look for possible solutions? Also, why does the Immovable trait always result in the description "Mobile" whatever value it is >0? According to EDCT and EVnV it should be "Immobile" for 1 and "Mobile" for 2.

Edit: I think I'll move couple of rebel armies to block the way. At least I'll be able to isolate problem characters.

please what is the shorcut to run this mod in STEAM?

thanks
    Si la aventura de España me costara 100.000 hombres no lo intentaría pero no serán más de 12.000.
    Napoleon 1º
    ---------------------------------

If Spain's adventure cost me 100,000 men do not try but will not be over 12,000.
    Napoleon I

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by peregrino View Post
    please what is the shorcut to run this mod in STEAM?

thanks

Here is an extract from our FAQ:

10) How can I play RTR with Steam?

1. Run the FoE installer like normal, changing the install path to xxxx/steam/steamapps/common/rome total war gold
    2. Ignore the launcher and short-cut prompts, they won't work
    3. Open Steam, right-click on Rome: Total War Gold in the My Games menu
    4. Select Properties
    5. Under the General tab select Set launch options ...
    6. Type in -mod:FOE -show_err -nm without quotations and click OK
    7. Launch Rome: Total War Gold by double-clicking it in the My Games menu
    8. Select Barbarian Invasion from the two-choice list and Launch.
    Hopefully, this will answer your question.

thank boss i´ll try!!
    Si la aventura de España me costara 100.000 hombres no lo intentaría pero no serán más de 12.000.
    Napoleon 1º

If Spain's adventure cost me 100,000 men do not try but will not be over 12,000.
    Napoleon I

well, im followed the instrucions and says

Script Error in FOE/data/descr_sm_factions.txt, at line 121, column 1.

"horde_min_units":This feature is not supported

my fault,sorry
    Last edited by peregrino; July 24, 2011 at 08:06 PM.
    Napoleon 1º

Napoleon I

Indefinitely Banned

FOE needs to be used with the Barbarian Invasion expansion, and that sounds as though you are trying to use just straight Rome Total War.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony83 View Post
    FOE needs to be used with the Barbarian Invasion expansion, and that sounds as though you are trying to use just straight Rome Total War.
    RTW: Barbarian Invasion v1.6 to be specific

Nikos Stavros's Avatar Laetus

Hi,

I've installed FOE 1.4 and I've been playing an SPQR campaign for about a week now and I have to say, it's a fantastic experience (better then any of the recent vanilla games ). However, as I get further in the campaign I keep getting more and more problems:

At first the game just froze up when I tried to quit. Then it started to CTD when I tried to load a saved game when I was playing (despite the fact that I disabled the script first). And now I get a CTD when I try to load a saved game created during the last time I played it. I can still load saved games from earlier "sessions" but they CTD after a few minutes of playing.

Early on in the campaign I loaded a saved game a couple of times (3 or 4) without disabling the background script (I didn't know I had to do that). Could this be the reason why I keep getting more and more problems?

I've added the saves I'm talking about to this post.

pps: I have patched BI to 1.6.

pps: English is not my native language so I apologise for any spelling/grammar mistakes.

Hey.
    I just bought RTW Gold edition on steam.I have RTW CD the original ,and im a RTR since the first patch,but,has i never bought the Barbarian Invasion i had to spend 15.00$.
    But wend i get to the option for destination location for the files ,assumes me C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War but this one it doesnt accept it it says i need to send it to RTW Barbarian Invasion.
    Any tip ?Ive try to find the steam files for my games but i cannont find them ...

And now i got a message ,where i see a ativation code, that it says that i need to use that code wen the game starts ,but untill now it never asked me for nothing and the message is always there...