Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 520212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: RTRVII: Fate of Empires - Bugs and Issues

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

Default Re: RTRVII: Fate of Empires - Bugs and Issues

I am on M/M and the difficulty seems almost just right. For some reason I cannot hold onto KROTON. I've conquered it twice and each time the public order stays at 0. Epirus then gets a nearly full garrison after my forces get kicked out.

Is the culture of the region converted to your when you invade?

Also, try putting a few spies in the city. Maybe there are some Epeirote spies causing unrest

I'm not quite sure how to convert the culture. I read the manual but I don't recall info on that. I will try the spy thing but again, building stuff takes a long time. I'm not sure also whether turns are being timed correctly. When I load my game no script shows up.

You can change the culture by first capturing all surrounding mini-regions. If that's not enough to let the city slowly convert to your culture, you can also make use of family members and spies to help with the conversion. Ones converted, you should be able to take the region.

Quote Originally Posted by PatricianS View Post
    You can change the culture by first capturing all surrounding mini-regions. If that's not enough to let the city slowly convert to your culture, you can also make use of family members and spies to help with the conversion. Ones converted, you should be able to take the region.
    That helps. I usually go after major settlements first. i'll do just that.

Indefinitely Banned

You can also send lots of spies and diplomats into the region, each one will help swing culture status your way by 5%. Send enough your "agents" into a region, four or five moves ahead of your invasion, and the culture battle will be well under way by the time you attack, making your job to convert the rest of the settlement that much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony83 View Post
    You can also send lots of spies and diplomats into the region, each one will help swing culture status your way by 5%. Send enough your "agents" into a region, four or five moves ahead of your invasion, and the culture battle will be well under way by the time you attack, making your job to convert the rest of the settlement that much easier.
    Though some (including me) call that cheating

Carados's Avatar Senator

And others (including me) retort

"all's fair in love and war"

Developer for the Extended Realism mod for RTR Platinum.
    Developer for RTRVII and protégé of Caligula Caesar

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

Indefinitely Banned

How can it possibly be considered cheating? The mechanisms were created by CA themselves for BI (a settlement's religious affiliation), for precisely that purpose! It's no more of an exploit than temporarily moving your Admin capital to a newly conquered region for precisely the same reason, if anything, less so.

One spy is ok... A spy and a family member is ok too... but flooding the region with spies, is exploiting a game mechanism, even though it's war

Carados's Avatar Senator

Hardly, I send two or three spies into regions I'm planning on conquering as standard on ExRM/PE.

a) I can see what units they have
    b) If they get thrown out, I have back-up spies in place
    c) If they get killed, I have back-up spies in place
    d) They can open the gate when I'm ready to attack, thus increasing the chances of me completing the siege
    e) I force the computer to go on low taxes, or risk the people rioting - ample reason for me to go in and liberate them!

It's not my fault you lot decided to give spies traits that boost "religion"
    Developer for the Extended Realism mod for RTR Platinum.
    Developer for RTRVII and protégé of Caligula Caesar

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

Indefinitely Banned

Sending in multiple spies and assassins is not an exploit, Pat, because it is something that the AI is well capable of doing itself. In my latest Spartan test campaign, the Aichaians and Antigonids have been flooding Sparta with both, and I have three assassins of my own being kept full employed each turn in fending them off!

The AI is allowed to use all tactics... It's cheating all the time anyway

(what you told is very cool btw... Nice to see the AI do such things )

When I launch the game I get this error:

I am using steam, but I have followed the directions as stated here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ighlight=steam

Indefinitely Banned

Are you sure that you are selecting Barbarian Invasion and not Rome Total War. The original game, started by the RomeTW.exe, does not support hordes, you need to use the expansion, using the RTW-BI.exe, for that.

When I try to start the campaign a get a CTD and it says I am missing the Greek officer tga file. Custom battles seem to work fine though. Do I need to redownload or something?

Hey,

I wonder what I am doing wrong - the family members I start with don't collect military service / don't get "Tribune" traits with exception of one family member.

Is there a fix?

Indefinitely Banned

For some reason, a number of the Roman traits don't work properly in FOE. We are currently giving traits and ancillaries a complete overhaul for RTRVII, but I don't know, at this stage, if the work will be compatible with FOE. If it is we will, of course, patch it into FOE as well.

I'm able to live with that - and kind of relieved it wasn't me who didn't get how to do sth right

I'm playing my first game of FOE as Rome, average difficulty. Here are some things I've noticed that may or may not be bugs/problems.
    1. The Antigonic Greeks have arrived, but they just sit there. They don't attack. I attacked them and lost; but they don't appear as enemies on my political page. I can't even GIVE them cities.
    2. The AI uses assassins as killers, and so do I. There are repercussions, built into the game; there are also effective countermeasures. But I also use them as saboteurs, to weaken an enemy as I'm invading by destroying vital buildings. A handful of them can wreck the enemy's economy, destroying buildings and making the AI put resources into rebuilding instead of troops/fleets. It's quite incredible that they're so effective, and that the AI doesn't seem able to take effective measures against sabotage. Like putting a spy in town. Or going after my assassins with theirs. It doesn't become harder to destroy or damage a building or port on the next turn, either. There's no limit on the number of assassin attacks on a single town in a turn. I've only lost one assassin in many, many attempts - most at the 95% level.
    3. About year 220 I got the message, "Welcome to RTR/FOE" or something close to that. It said I might need to delete map if switching mods. But FOE is the only mod I've installed. I quit and tried the delete-map button but got an error report that I couldn't do that - a red circle with an x in it.
    4. I got a message in one of the Gaulic small towns I'd taken that it was ready for upgrade, but there were no buildings available.

I have to say, I love the game. I have occasional CTD's, maybe 6 in the 280 turns I've played (70 years) but I just restart. I'm playing on an iMac using Bootcamp for Windows, which may complicate the picture; so I just restart.

I will appreciate any comments/help. I don't understand a lot about systems, computer innards, etc.

I apologize if these have been covered. I haven't read all 30 pages of the thread.