Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: RTRVII: Fate of Empires - Bugs and Issues

Libertus

Default Re: RTRVII: Fate of Empires - Bugs and Issues

Hello

when playing FOE campain may faction announcments have stoped coming up at the start of each turn what have i done wrong.

DukeCanada's Avatar Domesticus

Are you sure? Faction announcements have stopped coming up?

What version of RTR are you playing?

Welcome to TWC by the way
    Rome Total Realism Public Relations Representative

"We saved so much money on toilet paper" - Remlap, after giving advice on proper wiping technique.

Quote Originally Posted by Clearchus of Sparta View Post
    Nothing is wrong (hopefully) but you probably have movies disabled. Check you short cut and if you see -nm remove it.
    Which shortcut? FOE? I looked and didn't even see a listing for movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Trablo View Post
    Which shortcut? FOE? I looked and didn't even see a listing for movies.
    The shortcut you use to start Fate of Empires.
    Right click on it..... select properties......look for -nm.

you may see something like -nm -showerr ..... remove the -nm

This is a flag to tell the game to exclude movies. (no movies)
    No startup movie, no menu background movie and no in game cut scenes.

Hope this helps
    Semi-Retired RTR Developer and Researcher
    Dont get into a fight if there is nothing to win

Trablo, have you checked already if you have the latest windows media player installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by PatricianS View Post
    Make sure you have the latest Windows Media Player installed. I think I had that with RTW vanilla too. But it's so long ago, I don't exactly remember

The shortcut you use to start Fate of Empires.
    Right click on it..... select properties......look for -nm.

you may see something like -nm -showerr ..... remove the -nm

This is a flag to tell the game to exclude movies. (no movies)
    No startup movie, no menu background movie and no in game cut scenes.

Hope this helps
    Well, then that can't be the problem. Other movies will play, like the BI intro movie(unless that isn't supposed to play) and the Epirus campaign intro.

I think the problem might be that I have the UK version of RTW. Could that be it?

Trablo, have you checked already if you have the latest windows media player installed?
    I have WMP 11 and I'm running Vista(which may be the problem in itself lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Trablo View Post
    Well, then that can't be the problem. Other movies will play, like the BI intro movie(unless that isn't supposed to play) and the Epirus campaign intro.

I think the problem might be that I have the UK version of RTW. Could that be it?
    The UK version wont make any difference.

Sounds like youve either downloaded a version without the movies or you installed BI afterwards.
    There can only be one set of movies iirc and the same ones play no matter what mod you install, only the last set of movies usually plays. I didnt install the usual way (since Im on the team I have a different kind of access) so I cant say for sure, but there may have been an option to ignore movies (ie dont install them) to save on space

If you look here, you should see the movies.
    Rome Total War\FOE\Data\fmv

EDIT, I just checked mine and its a bit light

Only the menu background movie is located in FOE\Data\menu. If I remember correctly, it's called dump00001.wmv or something like that...

Only the menu background movie is located in FOE\Data\menu. If I remember correctly, it's called dump00001.wmv or something like that...
    Yep. It's listed in the menu folder as "dump0000". It won't play in wmp, but it will play in Quicktime. Do I need to reinstall my wmp?

The UK version wont make any difference.

Sounds like youve either downloaded a version without the movies or you installed BI afterwards.
    There can only be one set of movies iirc and the same ones play no matter what mod you install, only the last set of movies usually plays. I didnt install the usual way (since Im on the team I have a different kind of access) so I cant say for sure, but there may have been an option to ignore movies (ie dont install them) to save on space

I did install BI afterwards. I have two separate RTW and BI games, not the combo pack.

If I remember correctly, its not possible to have seperate movies for each seperate mod. (unless you have seperate copies of RTW/BI installed and install each mod to those new copy's) Therefore what ever was installed last, will probably be the default movie set. If you installed BI last (including mods) then the BI movies will be ones used.

You could manually replace the BI movies with the new ones, but I will let someone with more experience explain that process.

If I remember correctly, its not possible to have seperate movies for each seperate mod. (unless you have seperate copies of RTW/BI installed and install each mod to those new copy's) Therefore what ever was installed last, will probably be the default movie set. If you installed BI last (including mods) then the BI movies will be ones used.

You could manually replace the BI movies with the new ones, but I will let someone with more experience explain that process.
    I think I'll just save myself the trouble and buy the combo pack. We'll see if that works. Thanks for your help.

Hi all, Still enjoying FOE (year 184). I am trying my best to keep historical and that means a lot of inactive turns, but that's a history thing, not an FOE thing.

I do have one "thing"... it's not a bug and barely even an issue I don't think. Just wondering if anyone else has had weird behavior at a specific bridge. It's one of the bridge-crossings over a river in Spain.

Bridge located @ Tile 65,150 reg id 32 (Vaccaei) north and east of Helamatica. Seems like whenever my army gets attacked there the enemy doesn't really wanna cross. All other river crossing battles I've fought where I'm defending it's S.O.P for the enemy to charge across. Just wondering if it's an AI thing or what.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

cheers

XonE32

Laetus

I think this my problem is not exactly connected to FOE but rather to Roman leadership system mod, but I havent found any more suitable discussion for that.
    I play as Rome, FOE 1.3.
    My problem is that my family members are unable to be promoted to legate. After 10 years of service, I put them in settlement to loose tribune trait, and gain former tribune. after that I send them with some infantry out of the settlement and even to fight, but promotion to legate is just not comming.
    Might this issue be caused by the fact that these family members already have 8 ancillaries and thus cannot gain any more(which they need for legion flag as legates)?
    If full retinue is causing this problem, is there some workaround? can I remove some ancillaries to be able to promote my generals?
    If its not full retinue does someone know what causes this and how to make my generals gain promotions?

PS: great job on behalf of mod itself. except Shogun I played every total war, but RTR-FOE is best to play:-)

Carados's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by mephis View Post
    I think this my problem is not exactly connected to FOE but rather to Roman leadership system mod, but I havent found any more suitable discussion for that.
    I play as Rome, FOE 1.3.
    My problem is that my family members are unable to be promoted to legate. After 10 years of service, I put them in settlement to loose tribune trait, and gain former tribune. after that I send them with some infantry out of the settlement and even to fight, but promotion to legate is just not comming.
    Might this issue be caused by the fact that these family members already have 8 ancillaries and thus cannot gain any more(which they need for legion flag as legates)?
    If full retinue is causing this problem, is there some workaround? can I remove some ancillaries to be able to promote my generals?
    If its not full retinue does someone know what causes this and how to make my generals gain promotions?

PS: great job on behalf of mod itself. except Shogun I played every total war, but RTR-FOE is best to play:-)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...35#post6377235
    Developer for the Extended Realism mod for RTR Platinum.
    Developer for RTRVII and protégé of Caligula Caesar

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

Laetus

Thanks Carados
    Link you provided brought a lot of light to functionality of RL system:-)
    I waas only able to find pieces of that information but never a complete description.
    Is there a possibility to cap max ancillary count in FOE.
    But maybo most helpfull would be to be able to remove ancillaries from characters retinue. I am getting it that it would be a cheat. But non the less i would like to know how to do it. Is someone willing to share that info? how do I remove one of characters retinue in FOE? (remove_ancillary doesnt work:-( )
    Now I know that intention was otherwise, but it makes no sense for me to transfer ancillaries to some other character. Sometimes character should have some word about his retinue. Send someone away, if he wants to accept a stronger ancillary. (Now I am talking about changing good ancillaries for better ones)
    Thanx:-)

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

I just downloaded foe, and before even the first loading screen ends the game ctds
    Maybe a corrupt download?
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

No i dont think it is a corrupt download , i downloaded the mod from 2 different places the same problem occurred, i enter the game and when it starts loading the first screen even before the main menu the game gives me a black screen and an error window, and then it crashes.
    I have a clear IB1.6 total war installed and then i install the mod, so ididnt do anything wrong
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

What does the error message say? Could you maybe provide a screen shot of it?

RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member
    My AAR: For Glory and the Republic!

Proud to be patronized by ybbon66