Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: RTRVII: Fate of Empires - Bugs and Issues

Default Re: RTRVII: Fate of Empires - Bugs and Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Ashurnarsipal View Post
    Thanks Great One,
    I have done what you said & it is now showing my version as 1.3.
    I would also like to congratulate the team in creating such an enjoyable MOD
    I agree this mod is great, the programmers at Creative Assembly should be ashamed the original version of RTW wasn't this good!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    I just recently downloaded 1.1 and updated it to 1.3 and the launcher didn't have any of those extra features that you mentioned.
    Here:
    Attachment 69199

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Here's my 1.3 launcher

Here's my 1.3 launcher
    mine is the same as Finn's, and i dont have the extras, i am running FOE 1.3, i reinstalled both 1.1 and 1.3, even using the rar version and didnt fix it, and still having CTD problems. i am using a downloaded version of RTW, i downloaded from direct2drive, it installed RTW, BI 1.6 (its a legal copy though )

I have recently patched my RTR FOE to version 1.3.
    It must be noted that, in version 1.2, the game operated prefectly.
    However,after applying the 1.3 patch, an issue arose.
    When attempting to start the mod, it will load for a while and then will display the following error message :

"Script Error in FOE\data\desr_sm_factions.txt, at line 121, column 1. "horde_min_units": This feature is not supported"

Logiclly I deduct that this error message is trying to tell me that the mod is being launched using the regular rtw.exe and thus does not support the BI horde function, which seems bizzare because I had the impression the mod runs on BI,
    which means, the mod ran perfectly in version 1.2 on BI, so theres no reason why patch 1.3 should change that, yet
    something went wrong, what could the problem be?.

I have rome total war gold, purchased via steam, and my shortcut for activating RTR:FOE has the following changes in its
    settings to make the mod launch through steam :

In "Target : " line, the following is written

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 4760 -mod:FOE -show_err -nm

in the "Start in : " line, the following is written

"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\rome total war gold"

(the location to which the mod was installed)

of course the mod was installed to the folder, with rtw patched to 1.5, and BI to 1.6, so thats not the issue.
    I have also used the following above with slightly diffrent tweaks to launch other mods (RTR PE, EB)
    So I dont think its that issue as well.

Could anyone enlighten to me about the problem?, because if the problem is something to do with the mod NOT running on BI,
    I find it very odd, seeing as it worked in version 1.2.

Edit : I have used the installer, not the rar, does it make a diffrence?.

~Regards RCOG.
    Last edited by RCOG; January 14, 2010 at 06:23 PM.

Orthanner's Avatar Miles

Apparently you are using Rome executable and not BI. Only Barbarian Invasion is supported.
    RTR VII Team member/Sarmatae archaeologist

Hi i just downloaded RTR VII Fate of Empires and started a new campaign as the romans, It triggered the attack of Phyrrus but after that it was just as if i was experiencing a normal turn, From what i read there should also be some "cinematic like" movement on the campaign map of the other factions (carthage etc)

Is this a bug, and if yes how can i fix it.

thanks in advance.

P.S. i tried searching this thread but going through 50+ pages gets tiresome

Divide et impera's Avatar Laetus

I am using Windows XP with Service Pack 2. I played FOE twice but since then I cannot load it any longer. I just get the first FOE loading screen with the picture of the Roman General but then cannot enter the game. It gets stuck there. All installation files have been installed properly. I am running patch 1.3.

I have previously posted as well, I have no idea why the game crashes or stalls. Possibly it is a sound issue as occasionally it prompts me to confirm whether a new device has been plugged into my sound card (this is not true).

I have no idea what to do next.
    Please help. I love the game itself which looked excellent!

I've played a couple of custom battles, and I noticed that the battles run in ridiculously low fps. I remember having low enough fps with EB, but this is giving me an average of 14 fps zoomed out, everything on lowest except for effects and terrain (meaning I'm seeing nothing but 3d terrain and sprite troops and plants). I also have everything off except for smoke and unit shaders (which were mandatory to keep checked). I am wondering what is taking up so many resources on a RTW engine, as MTWII doesn't even run this slowly.
    [/U]

The vegetation is a pretty big memory hog. There's very detailed grass on the ground.
    • RTR VII Beta Tester

Excuse me for this question, since probably it was already asked, but I need some clarification.
    If I started campaign and activated the main script but want to load anonther savegame I really have to exit fully from the game or there is the other way to stop and launch script?

And some more:
    I began the campaign of Epirrus. The first scripted battle v/s Rome I won by manually (roman army fully destroyed, the consul was killed) but the roman sity did not transfer to me and was not shawn the battle at Sicilia between Carthage & Dictator of Siracusae. If the battle is played by auto everything is OK. That is really shuold be so?

I have vegetation turned to low, and grass off. I even went to preferences.txt and put FALSE to vegetation.
    [/U]

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Crass View Post
    Excuse me for this question, since probably it was already asked, but I need some clarification.
    If I started campaign and activated the main script but want to load anonther savegame I really have to exit fully from the game or there is the other way to stop and launch script?
    The script can also be disabled in-game by press the ESC key, then selecting ? and then disabeing the script through the adviser.

And some more:
    I began the campaign of Epirrus. The first scripted battle v/s Rome I won by manually (roman army fully destroyed, the consul was killed) but the roman sity did not transfer to me and was not shawn the battle at Sicilia between Carthage & Dictator of Siracusae. If the battle is played by auto everything is OK. That is really shuold be so?
    Auto managing all your settlements shouldn't affect the script. However it does sound like your script has not be activated properly. I would suggest starting a new campaign as Eperios, just make sure you follow the prompts from the adviser.

BTW: Welcome to the RTR forums!

The script can also be disabled in-game by press the ESC key, then selecting ? and then disabeing the script through the adviser.
    ... and then should I click at the advisor's menu on "X" button or the portrait of advisor?
    But how the script can be activated again when I load save game? Simply click on any ctiy of mine and "show me how" (I mean that the loading of save game is done at the current session, without escape to main menu or table)

Auto managing all your settlements shouldn't affect the script. However it does sound like your script has not be activated properly. I would suggest starting a new campaign as Eperios, just make sure you follow the prompts from the adviser.
    No, I think that the problem was in killing the roman consul. I started the campaign again, in the first scripted battle let the consul escape with some troops (very small amount) and it seems to be everything OK. Grument was transferred to me and the battle of Sicilia was shown.

... and then should I click at the advisor's menu on "X" button or the portrait of advisor?
    Doesn't matter. The script is stopped as soon as you press the help button in the menu

But how the script can be activated again when I load save game? Simply click on any ctiy of mine and "show me how" (I mean that the loading of save game is done at the current session, without escape to main menu or table)
    Just select a settlement

Thank you! But is there any way to find out that the script is currently running or disabled?

other than that the 4-turn per year script is running, no

A few issues.

1 - Many, if not all the nations I have encountered have changed their capital to one of the mini regions. This is a bit strange is it not?

2 - Heaps of Barbaroi ships are getting stuck at the top of the Adriatic Sea.

3 - The Epirotes have been kicked out of Italy. They keep trying to come back, and besiege Brendision, but the next turn a ceasefire is declared between the two. SPQR and KoE have no common allies, and I can't find any of their diplomats in contact with the other - what is going on?

Hi Shmuck, thanks for the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by shmuck View Post
    1 - Many, if not all the nations I have encountered have changed their capital to one of the mini regions. This is a bit strange is it not?
    That's just the "Administrative Capital" (we had to give it some name ). Their real capital with capital government and such will always be located at their historical capital.

2 - Heaps of Barbaroi ships are getting stuck at the top of the Adriatic Sea.
    Hmm, that's a known issue... The RTW pathfinding/AI is the smartest thing on this planet

3 - The Epirotes have been kicked out of Italy. They keep trying to come back, and besiege Brendision, but the next turn a ceasefire is declared between the two. SPQR and KoE have no common allies, and I can't find any of their diplomats in contact with the other - what is going on?
    I'm afraid that's simply due to the RTW AI... Not much we can do about that

Hello there.
    I had a issue/ bug in some battles. I don't know if it is report before. I was .. Celtiberia and I had all of spain except the more South laying cities.
    Most of those city's have a stone wall. Now, when a unit of my force is on the wall, I let it take the towers and gateways.
    But by the curve in the wall some of the unit play suicide. They just fall through the wall to the ground. This happen most by curve in the wall where there aren't any towers. There fall more men of the wall if they are running. This happend also with other factions and with (all) units which can go on a wall.

Also if you place a unit on the way ( you see those green triangles, where the men are going to stand) and you then order the unit to run, they will go to there designated place, but when the all are there, the run away to another place on the wall, right of the designated place... Can anyone tell me why this happend, and through what?