Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: RTRVII: Fate of Empires - Bugs and Issues

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Default Re: RTRVII: Fate of Empires - Bugs and Issues

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNelson666 View Post
    I need help i install RTR FOE it work but there no music playing but only in the main menu??
    I'm not sure what you did wrong here, but the music is definitely included with the mod. I would suggest you install FOE again and that should clear up your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazanov View Post
    i have a problem, i'm playing with the Celtiberian and i have a CTD each time i try to take CARTAGONOVA, his king, Nemaios have a clon, when he dies on combat, i have the ctd.

I'm decided not to take that city to not get a CTD, but in the year 251 he dies on a riot on his city, and the game ends because a CTD.

Why he have a clon?, and how i can modify the files to remove him from the game?
    What version of FOE are you playing? The latest is 1.3 which fixes the clone ctd issue. Unfortunately the clone fix is not save game compatible, so you'll have start a new campaign for it to take effect.

Indefinitely Banned

Hi Kazanov, welcome to TWC and a Happy New Year to you.

Unfortunately, you are a victim of the RTW, Cloned-Character CTD, bug. This bug is not unique to FOE and happens in mods where AI controlled factions have generals who are not family members at the start of a campaign.

What happens is that the AI will try and adopt these generals into the ruling family structure, and when it does so it also creates a duplicate of the general, with the same name and attributes (example). This, of itself, is not a problem but when the clone eventually dies, either in battle, or naturally of old age, an error less CTD occurs.

So, as you can imagine, as the mini-factions in FOE have generals who are not family members, at the start of the campaign, it's just a time bomb waiting to happen. If it's a young twenty year old general, it can take up to fifty years, or 200 turns before the CTD is triggered, but however long it takes, triggered it will be.

However, Roma Surrectum's, DVK901, has pioneered a fix to the problem (here) and it is this that has been applied in the FOE 1.3 Patch (available here). However, it does require that a new campaign be started for the fix to be implemented.

So, I suggest that you download and install the FOE 1.3 Patch (it includes all previous updates and is compatible with any version of FOE) and start a new campaign.

@ Finn

Beat me to it matey.

Default error report

I install the FOE directly on RTW-BI, (V1.4). I install it successful, but when I enter the game and select "build a new empire", there is only a dialog of "please select an item from the list", and when I exit the game, there is a error dialog jump out as attached.
    Is this because I didn't install V1.6 Patch?
    It is very difficult to upgrade RTW to V1.6 because the mess version relationship of RTW.

you need BI version 1.6

Can you tell me the upgrade procedure to BI V1.6?
    I purchased a RTW GOLDEN EDIT, but I can upgrade it to V1.6.
    Is there any upgrade patch download link avaliable in TWC?

I have tried to install the FOE 1.3 patch. I have followed the instructions & copied it to the correct version of Rome but the FOE launcher says that I am running version 1.2 Have you any ideas how I can resolve this issue?
    Thanks
    Ashurnarsipal

Quote Originally Posted by z32236 View Post
    Can you tell me the upgrade procedure to BI V1.6?
    I purchased a RTW GOLDEN EDIT, but I can upgrade it to V1.6.
    Is there any upgrade patch download link avaliable in TWC?
    You can check your patch version # in the games options menu. Just look at the top right hand corner. If you are not patched to 1.6, you can get it at Totalwar.com. Select Rome and scroll down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashurnarsipal View Post
    I have tried to install the FOE 1.3 patch. I have followed the instructions & copied it to the correct version of Rome but the FOE launcher says that I am running version 1.2 Have you any ideas how I can resolve this issue?
    Thanks
    Ashurnarsipal
    The launcher says you are using FOE 1.2? I don't believe the launcher should say what version of FOE you're running.

Can you run the game? if so, you probably installed everything correctly. If not, post back with more details as to what exactly the problem is.
    Last edited by Finn; January 04, 2010 at 07:30 AM.

Thanks you for replying Finn much appreciated
    I should have said it was RTR VII launcher which has a button that says check for FOE updates. It is that button that says that I am running version FOE 1.2. The version of FOE 1.3 that I used was the standard one. should I try to install the rar version of FOE 1.3 instead?
    I have been able to run the game but I have had CTD's in version FOE 1.2 which is why I need to be sure that I am running FOE 1.3
    Also just to clarify the version of Rome that I have installed is patched to 1.6
    Thanks
    Ashurnarsipal
    Last edited by Ashurnarsipal; January 05, 2010 at 10:16 AM.

Greetings,.... I have a problem launching FOE

I am using Vista and have RTW-BI 1.6 update, and have added RTRPE which all works fine,... but when I launch FOE, the title screen appears for a few seconds then an error message pops up:

Script Error in FOE/data/settlement_plans/barbarian_large_city.txt,at line 6, column 14
    File
    data/settlement_plans/underlays/../../../bi/data/settlement_plans/underlays/barbarian_large_city_underlay_CAS does not exist

Any suggestions?
    Many thanks and Happy New Year

Since 1.03 came out I have been consistantly having CTD problems. They happen after I end my turn and the other factions are acting. It'll happen about 30-60 min into a campaign. At first I would load the autosave and the game would keep running. No big deal however, after repeating this process (4ish times) I get to a point where the game keeps crashing after I load it. I tried not relying on the autosave, and just saving before I end my turn and even that save wasn't immune to the bug.

MMGAUL = regular save CTD
    MMGAUL2 = autosave CTD

And of course, thanks for all of your hard work on such an excellent mod. If Creative Assembly remakes RTW, they need to get you guys on the payroll, at least for your input on the economy.

Edit:put in a wrong save game.
    Last edited by Freshmaker; January 05, 2010 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Wrong File

Icon7 Re: RTRVII: Fate of Empires - Bugs and Issues

[QUOTE=Niloticus;6543818]Greetings,.... I have a problem launching FOE

I am using Vista and have RTW-BI 1.6 update, and have added RTRPE which all works fine,... but when I launch FOE, the title screen appears for a few seconds then an error message pops up:

Script Error in FOE/data/settlement_plans/barbarian_large_city.txt,at line 6, column 14
    File
    data/settlement_plans/underlays/../../../bi/data/settlement_plans/underlays/barbarian_large_city_underlay_CAS does not exist

Any suggestions?

[OK,.... uninstall followed by a fresh install and everythings working fine,...]

Quote Originally Posted by Freshmaker View Post
    Since 1.03 came out I have been consistantly having CTD problems. They happen after I end my turn and the other factions are acting. It'll happen about 30-60 min into a campaign. At first I would load the autosave and the game would keep running. No big deal however, after repeating this process (4ish times) I get to a point where the game keeps crashing after I load it. I tried not relying on the autosave, and just saving before I end my turn and even that save wasn't immune to the bug.

MMGAUL = regular save CTD
    MMGAUL2 = autosave CTD

And of course, thanks for all of your hard work on such an excellent mod. If Creative Assembly remakes RTW, they need to get you guys on the payroll, at least for your input on the economy.

Edit:put in a wrong save game.
    I assume you have been terminating the script prior to loading your saves? If not, this can be done by pressing Esc, then ?. Also exiting completely to the desktop does the same job.

BTW welcome to TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Niloticus View Post
    Greetings,.... I have a problem launching FOE

File

Any suggestions?

[OK,.... uninstall followed by a fresh install and everythings working fine,...]
    Glad you got it working and welcome to TWC

With those two saves I didn't quit and load (except loading after a CTD). Those are my 3rd and 4th attempts at a gaul campaign, the first that ended up this way, I figured was a fluke, the 2nd I deleted the save in frustration.

I am currently trying a different faction to try and narrow things down.

Edit: A Reinstall of FoE Fixed the problem!
    Last edited by Freshmaker; January 08, 2010 at 07:44 PM.

hi all, i am having problems with a CTD, i am not sure if its been addressed yet but when i tell it to fight a battle instead of autoresolve it does a CTD. i have been terminating the script or just going back into it, its happened many times, it happens when i am attacked and fight the battle myself, while loading the battle it crashes but if i autoresolve it doesnt crash. i would attach my save but i cant seem to find what folder its in. on vista whats the default storage folder?

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by joecool250 View Post
    hi all, i am having problems with a CTD, i am not sure if its been addressed yet but when i tell it to fight a battle instead of autoresolve it does a CTD. i have been terminating the script or just going back into it, its happened many times, it happens when i am attacked and fight the battle myself, while loading the battle it crashes but if i autoresolve it doesnt crash. i would attach my save but i cant seem to find what folder its in. on vista whats the default storage folder?
    It is possible the tile you're fighting on can't be loaded on the battlemap. If so you will notice the loading bar going about halfway, then stalling followed by the CTD. If that's the case, you could try to withdraw from the battle and avoid that particular tile.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    It is possible the tile you're fighting on can't be loaded on the battlemap. If so you will notice the loading bar going about halfway, then stalling followed by the CTD. If that's the case, you could try to withdraw from the battle and avoid that particular tile.
    it has happened on many tiles, against multiple factions. i have withdrawn and tried to fight on a different tile and got the same crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    The launcher says you are using FOE 1.2? I don't believe the launcher should say what version of FOE you're running.

Can you run the game? if so, you probably installed everything correctly. If not, post back with more details as to what exactly the problem is.
    Yes it does... You can check for FoE updates when using the launcher. (requires internet access though)

One small file has been forgotten in the 1.3 patch which tells the launcher what version of the mod you currently have. It is very easy to fix though!

Go to "Rome - Total War\launcher" and open "version.ini" (just open it wit notepad, it's just like a normal textfile) and change the version number "1.2" to "1.3". The launcher will then correctly display your version again

I just recently downloaded 1.1 and updated it to 1.3 and the launcher didn't have any of those extra features that you mentioned.

Divide et impera's Avatar Laetus

Good evening Guys,

I have installed FOE with Patch 1.3. I am impressed with the complexity of the game and also the historical accuray. I also like the ingame dynamics. Excellent work altogether.

However I encounter 2 errors:
    a) the game does not load properly. I get the inital screen with the General as graphics but then the game gets stuck there and just does not move on. Sometimes I am thrown out of the loading process and my computer probes me to confirm whether I have plugged in a new jack to my sound card. once I confirm all of this, it returns to the game and then I get a black screen. That's the end of it. My computer crashes and I have to reboot.
    b) I have managed to start the game altogether about 3 times so far (have altogether tried about 10 times total). Twice it worked okay and I played a few battles. The third time, it crashed in the middle of a battle and rebooted my computer.

I am running Windows XP with service pack 2 in English. I also have an original rome install in English but Barbarian Invasion is in German. Then of course with the patch installed FOE over it with patch 1.3. Altogether the game is unstable. Any ideas on how to resolve this.

Seriously good game! Good solid work
    Rgds,
    Jerome

Thanks Great One,
    I have done what you said & it is now showing my version as 1.3.
    I would also like to congratulate the team in creating such an enjoyable MOD