Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: RTRVII: Fate of Empires - Bugs and Issues

Default Re: RTRVII: Fate of Empires - Bugs and Issues

Hey I've been playing as Epirote and the campaign as been going great. Except I've hit a a reoccuring error now.

The message says as follows: "Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome-Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe

R6025
    -pure virtual function call"

This has been preventing me from continueing my campaign. :\

Hmm.... That seems to happen "a lot" (relatively speeking)... But I have absolutely no idea how to fix it (if I only knew what was causing it)

Do you have a save game?

And what exactly did you do that triggered the error?
    Last edited by Pat89; December 10, 2009 at 03:48 PM.

FriendlyFire's Avatar Tiro

Default Mutant Keltoi Slinger Captain

Check out these screenshots of a captain in a Keltoi Slinger unit at night. There's some sort of texture problem because he's holding a torch, and so his left arm and leg have morphed into a weird third limb

Chris Death's Avatar Campidoctor

lol that first pic looks like some giant from another dimension tries to find something in his pants.

Doesn't this more look like a model problem rather than a texture prob?

~S~ CD
    Ever wanted to be able to attack the city of rome the second turn when playing a roman faction yourself in RTW? then click here

|Sith|IV|Chris_Death

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/Chrisdeath69?gvnc=1

~S~ CD

Oh, yeah, that would make a lot more sense.

Now I regret not watching him in combat! It would have been fun to see if he parried anything with that arm/leg, or if he went through the whole battle still trying to find something in his pants...
    Last edited by FriendlyFire; December 12, 2009 at 05:46 PM. Reason: typo

Hi,
    I've been playing the mod for some days and enjoying it a lot. Thanks for all the work put into it.

I've reached a reocurring CTD.
    All I do is end the turn and when processing Barbaroi it will CTD. Tryed it ~8 times and it always happened.

Also found the workaround. Simply save the game again and load that one, the CTD will not happen.

I've attached 2 files, one where the CTD will occur and one where it will not.

(I stop and start the script when starting/loading)

cheers

Hello,

I've stumbled across the exact same error as S.W.A.T. above me. Been playing as Epeirote, 20 years or so into the game. Keep getting that error when I end my turn.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Kazaksan View Post
    Hello,

I've stumbled across the exact same error as S.W.A.T. above me. Been playing as Epeirote, 20 years or so into the game. Keep getting that error when I end my turn.
    I don't think we will be able to provide a solution. The message points to a programming problem/error that we cannot fix (and if we could, it would be illegal anyway). FoE being more resource intensive may have something to do with the increased likelihood of this error occurring, but there could also be external factors. I don't get the impression anyone knows for sure. Some suggest the error can be avoided by increasing memory capacity. Others suggest the error is caused by copyright protection software on other games and/or the presence of virtual drives. It all sounds very speculative to me.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    I don't think we will be able to provide a solution. The message points to a programming problem/error that we cannot fix (and if we could, it would be illegal anyway). FoE being more resource intensive may have something to do with the increased likelihood of this error occurring, but there could also be external factors. I don't get the impression anyone knows for sure. Some suggest the error can be avoided by increasing memory capacity. Others suggest the error is caused by copyright protection software on other games and/or the presence of virtual drives. It all sounds very speculative to me.
    HoH explained to me it's simply an error by the RTW devs. Something were a "virtual store" (using the C++ language - which the RTW exes are written in) is being called on in a direct way which is only allowed indirectly (or something like that). Anyways, I think you're right that we did something in FoE which makes this error trigger more often.

Not much we can do about it

HouseOfHam's Avatar Primicerius

I'm assuming this is about the "pure virtual function call" CTD. For those of you familiar with Microsoft's Visual C++ , here is they have to say about the error: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/125749
    RTR website/SVN admin

- Settlement coordinate locator -for RTW/M2TW
    - EDB Validator v1.2.8 (Oct 16, 2012) - for RTW/M2TW
    - RTW scripting tutorials
    - n-turns per year script generator

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Could it be because the RTW engine was not optimize to fully use the 512 x 512 texture ? I mean it's okay for few units but all ? If those who have those issued can also post their spec (with OS) we might be able to figure something, at least a workaround to prevent that.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

I also got the pure virtual function call error...

Specs:
    intel E8500 3,16 Ghz
    Nvidia geforce GTS 250
    4 gb RAM
    WIndows XP 32 bit professional

So far, the errors have only happened with people playing as epirus, 20 years or so into the game.
    Last edited by Mister S; December 16, 2009 at 07:07 AM.

Retinue bug: while fighting the Turdetani, my Carthaginian general picked up an "Easterner Turncoat", who is +1 against Parthia, Armenia, and Pontus

Edit: he also has the "Spartan" bug, where the description of the trait says that he's a Gaul from the Cisalpine region of Italy, but I think someone's already reported that one.
    Last edited by FriendlyFire; December 18, 2009 at 11:12 AM.

And a sound bug -- the Caetrati Slingers have the firing sound of an archer unit. (The Balearic Slingers have the right slinging sound)

Hey guys. I successfully installed RTR, and it runs and goes to the main menu. However, whenever i try to "Build a new empire", it simply says "Choose one from the list" as a popup with a green checkmark at the bottom, and then it goes right back the single player menu. Then, whenever i try to play a custom battle, it will go back to the factions screen afteri hit the button to start the battle.
    Is this a common error because i need a patch or something, I did not see it here after searching around

Patch to BI 1.6.

How come I see a different background when using the launcher than when using a shortcut?
    Last edited by Mister S; December 19, 2009 at 11:49 AM.

Im playing as the Celtiberians in 259 B.C. and a full stack of Barbaroi keeps appearing. I've turned fog of war off and looked around, and there is no Barbaroi or other army possible to create it. I have follow AI movements on, and with fog of war off there is no movement there, just a full stack appearing. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by FriendlyFire View Post
    And a sound bug -- the Caetrati Slingers have the firing sound of an archer unit. (The Balearic Slingers have the right slinging sound)
    I think Tony has fixed this already by now, but thanks for the note anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Sable1212 View Post
    Hey guys. I successfully installed RTR, and it runs and goes to the main menu. However, whenever i try to "Build a new empire", it simply says "Choose one from the list" as a popup with a green checkmark at the bottom, and then it goes right back the single player menu. Then, whenever i try to play a custom battle, it will go back to the factions screen afteri hit the button to start the battle.
    Is this a common error because i need a patch or something, I did not see it here after searching around
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister S View Post
    Patch to BI 1.6.
    Do as Mister S said and it's fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Mister S View Post
    How come I see a different background when using the launcher than when using a shortcut?
    one of the two likely uses the -nm switch in the shortcut target.

Quote Originally Posted by Gath View Post
    Im playing as the Celtiberians in 259 B.C. and a full stack of Barbaroi keeps appearing. I've turned fog of war off and looked around, and there is no Barbaroi or other army possible to create it. I have follow AI movements on, and with fog of war off there is no movement there, just a full stack appearing. Any ideas?
    I'm not sure what the problem is, except that you have troubles defeating that stack. I think it's simply hiding somewhere in the forests so you can't see it...

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PatricianS View Post
    ... I think Tony has fixed this already by now, but thanks for the note anyway ...
    I have indeed! Everybody keep their eyes peeled on Xmas Day. Santa may have left you a little extra pressie.

HouseOfHam's Avatar Primicerius

Santa's extra pressie, eh?

At one of our corporate meetings, they left a bunch of little plastic turds on the floor under the sits with $10 bills tucked under them.
    RTR website/SVN admin

- Settlement coordinate locator -for RTW/M2TW
    - EDB Validator v1.2.8 (Oct 16, 2012) - for RTW/M2TW
    - RTW scripting tutorials
    - n-turns per year script generator