Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: RTRVII: Fate of Empires - Bugs and Issues

Default Re: RTRVII: Fate of Empires - Bugs and Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Arkaeyn View Post
    Two things: there's a lower-case "claudius" middle name somewhere in the Roman name list.
    Thanks for the note!

Second, I fiddled with the invisible army crash. It continued into the next turn when I tried to take all my troops out of the minor city. But when I took each unit out one at a time, I had no invisible army issue. Onto Roma!
    It's a very strange bug... I had it myself too, only in my case it was an invisible enemy army.And if you attack it, you get a CTD. Have you maybe tried to attack something with your invisible army?

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Its Claudius Caecus. I noticed it as well, but forgot to report it
    RTR-VII Team Leader and Leader of Fortuna Orbis, an RTR Submod

"History has only one concern and aim, and that is the useful; which again has one single source, and that is truth." -Lucian of Samosata

Fortuna Orbis Beta is released!

Quote Originally Posted by PatricianS View Post
    It's a very strange bug... I had it myself too, only in my case it was an invisible enemy army.And if you attack it, you get a CTD. Have you maybe tried to attack something with your invisible army?
    Yeah, I tried to besiege Roma, got a CTD. It's odd that it only happened with the full army but the individual units were okay.

Can someone tell me why, when I adopt someone, his bodyguards are the autonomei polies bodyguards and the unit card shows a peasant. I'm playing as epirus.

Likely because there's a unit card missing

Btw... You know you should ignore most adoption candidates right? If you accept them, in the end it will likely kill your economy...

I've faith in my economic skils ( I've already conquered Rome and most of Italy). And the same happens when I accept a husband.

FriendlyFire's Avatar Tiro

Minor text bug: playing as the Carthaginians, I just took Syracuse and had to give the populace daily races to take their mind off things (like the fact that I'd just slaughtered most of them...). The "races held" announcement the next turn reads:

"THIS RACES HELD TEXT SHOULD NEVER APPEAR ON THE SCREEN AND SHOULD NOT BE TRANSLATED!"

kepper's Avatar Artifex

Strange in my version is ok, any way fix now, i hope.
    Thanks
    <iframe width="480" height="360" src="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...get/video.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"> </iframe>

Hello, everyone. This is my first post, though I have played RTR for over a year. Still, as a forum newbie, I have to ask a question which may leave most of you slapping your foreheads: Is it essential that I install Barbarian Invasion before installing Fate of Empires? I don't own a copy of Barbarian Invasion(not really interested in that period of warfare) and would rather not purchase it for the sole purpose of installing this mod.

There's a slight graphical glitch with Keltoi Ambacti. Their shadows have a single-pixel flicker that, when zoomed out to see the entire unit, makes it look like they're moving when they're not. Does anyone else have this glitch? I can try to take a movie of it I'm alone here.

Quote Originally Posted by Trablo View Post
    Hello, everyone. This is my first post, though I have played RTR for over a year. Still, as a forum newbie, I have to ask a question which may leave most of you slapping your foreheads: Is it essential that I install Barbarian Invasion before installing Fate of Empires? I don't own a copy of Barbarian Invasion(not really interested in that period of warfare) and would rather not purchase it for the sole purpose of installing this mod.
    Hi, welcome to the forum

I'm afraid you will indeed need BI to plat this mod... We have used to many of its features to remove them all...

Icon4 Re: RTRVII: Fate of Empires - Bugs and Issues

Hey, Ive got everything up and running,the game loads to the main menu, have all the options, but I go to single player, click the 'build anew empire' option, and it comes up with a box saying "please select an item from the list". only there is no list, and no options.

Also tried custom battles, and each faction has a bunch ofsoldiers, but they are all the same, some how they all got put into each faction, and even the, I still can't start those battles when I click next. overall, some hefty problems for me
    if you could get back to me on these issues that would be great, thank you!

Orthanner's Avatar Miles

Core units are unique to each faction but currently AOR units are not disabled in custom battles. That's why they are present in each faction.

The problem with campaign unavailability can be related to usage of RomeTW.exe instead of RomeTW-BI.exe. Please check shortcut properties. Screenshot is welcome!
    RTR VII Team member/Sarmatae archaeologist

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Check to see if you are patched to BI 1.6. You can do this by selecting options - the patch version will be on the top right corner.

Like Finn said, you don't have BI patched to 1.6 (download links here).

I seem to have a repeatable CTD, see the attached save file. If Decius Valerius Laevinus leaves Asculum to attack the rebels to the south, I get a CTD if I fight on the battle map. The CTD occurs just after the battle loading screen, when I should get to deploy. Autoresolve is OK. I have tried this a couple of times.

Also, since this save but on the same turn, I attacked the Epirote army in southern Italy with my main army in the field to the north of it, and got a CTD nearly at the end of the battle. I was getting kicked, but this is annoying still!

This is all upsetting since FOE has since the 1.2 patch been very stable for me.

I've never gotten a CTD during a battle. That's no good.

I think the CTD occured just as it was about to tell me I was beaten, i.e. after the battle itself was over.
    Last edited by JonnyA1; December 02, 2009 at 02:44 PM.

Hi guys
    Just downloaded it. Looks like another splendid mod. Rome Total Realism has always been my favourite mod. But I can't seem to get FoE to work. I can run it, but there is no campaign to be played once I am in the game. I can only play custom battles. Can anyone help please?

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Make sure you are patched to BI 1.6, you can do this by selecting options from the main menu. The version # is on the top right corner.