Thread: Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box

Default Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box

Burnout Paradise is the latest chapter in the Burnout book and I have found it a very fun game to play.

The Game has no real storyline to it, it's just a plain old racing game where you complete races and earn cars etc.

The first thing I noticed was the great looking graphics, I thought that the graphics was very good.
    When you first start the game, you will have the annoying DJ come up and tell you all about the game and give you a Burnout Learners license. He will then take you to the junk yard to set you up with a car. One of the main things that I do not like about this game is that the car names are made up, they will take the design and shape from a real vehicle but add a phony name to it. Anyway, I can't remember what the car is called that you start out in but he gives it to you and you have to go and get it fixed. There are certain places in the game that you discover that will do things for you, There are Fuel Stations that refill your boost bar, the Junk Yards are where you change vehicles and paint them, The Garages are where you fix your car. The good thing about all of these places is they don't cost you anything, partly because there is no money in this game, you earn your cars by winning races and there is no car upgrade system.
    Once you have your car looking nice again you can then set out winning events. There are three different kinds of car events. There is Road Rage, this is where you get given a takedown target and you have to takedown a certain amount of cars within a time limit.
    There is another one called Marked Man, this is where you have to get to a certain place on the map without getting taken down by these black saloons that are chasing you.
    Another one is Stunt Run, This is where you have to get a certain amount of Stunt Points by pulling off stunts such as barrel rolls, flat spins etc within a time limit.
    The last one is the plain Race, this is where you are given a destination to get to and you have to beat all of the other cars.
    All of the events are found at traffic lights throughout the city, When you pull up to a set of lights, press your brake and accelerate buttons at the same time to trigger the race at that particular set of lights.

There are also Bike Only Events, these are very boring.
    There is Burning Ride. This is where you have to right around the map within a time limit
    Midnight Ride is the same except for the fact that you can only access Midnight Ride events from 8pm to 8am and you can only access the Burning Ride events from 8am to 8pm.

When you complete events you are awarded vehicles. You will be rewarded less frequently the further through the game you get.

Showtime is an event you can trigger anywhere. This event is triggered by pressing a button. This will put you into showtime mode, your car will then start rolling around the road and you have the task of hitting every car possible. You get points for each vehicle you hit and some extra boost.

When you complete the game, you will be given your Burnout Elite license. Which will show all of the other Burnout Paradise players that you have completed the game.

I would rate the game a 9.3/10

I would recommend this game to any car racing fan.
    Son of Major Darling | House of Caesars | Content Writer | My Workshop | Moderator

Default Re: Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box

Nice Review