Thread: Playing Armenia. Should I take on Pontos or Seleucia first?

Default Playing Armenia. Should I take on Pontos or Seleucia first?

Hi, I am playing as Armenia, I have to take 35 provinces (I think) and defeat or outlast Pontos, Seleucia and Scythia. Currently Scythia has stopped at the Caucasus, a horizontal line between the Black Sea and the Caspian. I have 5 or 6 cities, my western-most city is Trapezus, and eastern-most city is Albana. I have taken Kotais.
    The immediate city to the south is Amida. It's Seleucid. The Seleucids are besieging the rebel city immediately to the south of Albana.
    The Pontians have sent a half-stack and crossed the borders into Trapezus, but I blocked the advance of that half-stack with a one-unit stack, on the campaign map. The Pontian half-stack merely waited there since a few turns.

I am playing on M/M.

I am allied with Scythia, Pontos and Seleucia.
    I figured the cities of Pontos and Seleucia would have more population and more income.

Should I take on Pontos or Seleucia first?
    (are there scripts added in Diadochi that would make AI alliances last, or it's the same as RTW, where the AI will just attack you eventually, anyway, if a common border is shared?)

Default Re: Playing Armenia. Should I take on Pontos or Seleucia first?

I never played with Armenia, but I would suggest you to crush Pontus first. They are weaker than the seleucids, so you will have more resources when the seleucids will decide to attack you..

I reckon u need more provinces before u take on the secluids, they have more population to draw on if they go to war, where as armenia dont really have that much.

In Diadochi the seleucids are not overpowered like in some other mods, but they are still a major power Armenia can't handle without having proper resources.

LOL only the Ptolemys and Attiliads can really take on the secluids at the start, being one of the weaker factions in the East Armenia need more time and strength before going to war