Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you say chariots are overpowered?

Default Would you say chariots are overpowered?

I beat a certain Hell clan member and he claimed that he outplayed me even through I defeated him. I used two scythed chariots and he used Macedon. Now I felt good about my accomplishment since I beat a top ranking player and I only play casually. My chariots destroyed his cav then I charged with my phalanx. According to most RTW players that is not noob tactics. If you beat someone they you outplayed them not the other way around.

I used the Free People of the high Kingdom of Pontus

{GrailKnight}'s Avatar Senator

Default Re: Would you say chariots are overpowered?

Your opponent should have used fire arrows against your chariots, if he failed to do that then he must not be a very good player, he just sounds like a sore loser.

Rilsaur's Avatar Tiro

Chariots are good at what they do. they're just another part of the well-oiled multiple-pronged military. they aren't overpowered.
    O merciful God, I have such need of Your mercy now. Not for myself, but for my knights, for this is truly their hour of need. Deliver them from their trials ahead and I will pay You a thousand fold with any sacrifice You ask of me. And if in Your wisdom, You should determine that sacrifice must be my life for theirs; so that they can once again taste the freedom that is so long been denied to them, I will gladly make that covenant. My death will have a purpose. I ask no more than that.

My opponent is in Hell clan high ranking member so according to most people he is a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by James223 View Post
    If you beat someone they you outplayed them not the other way around.
    Not necessarily. If i were to beat you Britannia verses Numidia on 15k cwb then it doesn't mean I outplayed you. More likely I simply have the better faction and managed not to screw things up royally. 1v1s aren't exactly balanced in rtw

Pontus v Macedon is a pretty even match-up I think. Looks to me in this case you did outplay him and he's looking for an excuse. Best excuse I heard before was 'I kinda let you win.' Another was 'like i was even trying.' Then proceeded to beat that guy twice more with Rome against his seleucids on 15k cwb. Apparently he was trying in these games.

My opponent is in Hell clan high ranking member so according to most people he is a good player.
    Name please

P.s. I wouldn't say chariots are overpowered. They're cavalry killers and they do that well, but they still go down. If any unit's overpowerd its catatanks
    Last edited by Spadille; November 03, 2009 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spadille View Post
    Not necessarily. If i were to beat you Britannia verses Numidia on 15k cwb then it doesn't mean I outplayed you. More likely I simply have the better faction and managed not to screw things up royally. 1v1s aren't exactly balanced in rtw

Pontus v Macedon is a pretty even match-up I think.

Name please

P.s. I wouldn't say chariots are overpowered. They're cavalry killers and they do that well, but they still go down. If any unit's overpowerd its catatanks
    Gotta disagree with you there.
    Pontus beats mace imo because of chaz archers and their pikes being almost equal
    Also catas are not op. they are only op if you insist on facing them mano a mano
    If you've transcended your facticity, congratulations. You're 3 transcendences from HoS.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=11049066

You'd be suprised how vulnerable egypt is to a bunch of catas and eastern infantry. i've seen parthia kill em...

Quote Originally Posted by caesar_37th View Post
    Gotta disagree with you there.
    Pontus beats mace imo because of chaz archers and their pikes being almost equal
    Also catas are not op. they are only op if you insist on facing them mano a mano
    We'll have to agree to disagree. Light cavalry and missles can take down chariot archers. Mace has superior long range missiles to flame any scythes. Pontic infantry is still noticeably inferior.

Didn't say catas were op, just that if any unit were to be considered so, it should be them.

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|Count_Max View Post
    You'd be suprised how vulnerable egypt is to a bunch of catas and eastern infantry. i've seen parthia kill em...
    Doesn't surprise me in the least.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Light cavalry and missles can take down chariot archers. Mace has superior long range missiles to flame any scythes. Pontic infantry is still noticeably inferior.
    I also have to disagree with you:

-For one the longer ranged archers do not really matter because if you know how to use cavalry archers you will be able to drain a lot of those arrows or at least enough to bring your cheap upgraded archers up into range to slaughter the Cretans.

-Scythe chariots should stay out of range until the opponents archer units are destroyed. I don't know why you want to bring them I personally see them a waste of denarii.

-The infantry is only slightly worse, and if you are able to keep archer superiority, then you should be fine.

"I have only two regrets: I didn't shoot Henry Clay and I didn't hang John C. Calhoun."- Andrew Jackson

Ok lets add this up. 2 chaz archers + jav cav to ward off light cav is hard to counter with light cav. Also with macedon it will lose the archer war against chaz archers since it nullifies the createns and turns it into a 6 on 6 archer war plus i still have my jav cav. Now i have my scythes and once i win the archer war tell me how you will counter them. And i am shooting down your infantry with all my missiles. You can now rush or wait and watch your army get slaughtered. I can easily just wait until your cav has a big oppening and i take them out with scythes. I also would prob have a cappa unit to hammer your pikes and that is what i will do. Now youve lost one wing and are still being bombarded with missiles.
    In conclusion. Pontus is better than macedon.
    Last edited by Hesus de bodemloze; November 04, 2009 at 12:03 PM.
    If you've transcended your facticity, congratulations. You're 3 transcendences from HoS.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I also have to disagree with you:

-For one the longer ranged archers do not really matter because if you know how to use cavalry archers you will be able to drain a lot of those arrows or at least enough to bring your cheap upgraded archers up into range to slaughter the Cretans.
    You can conserve ammo. True you can bring your normal ranged archers into range of my cretans, the extra time of which it'd take them to get there i'd use to shoot them with my normal archers.

-Scythe chariots should stay out of range until the opponents archer units are destroyed. I don't know why you want to bring them I personally see them a waste of denarii.
    They kill cav and fast

-The infantry is only slightly worse, and if you are able to keep archer superiority, then you should be fine.
    If your able to keep archer superiority then you should be fine, but it's hardly insurmountable.

Quote Originally Posted by caesar_37th View Post
    Ok lets add this up. 2 chaz archers + jav cav to ward off light cav is hard to counter with light cav.
    2 CA + 2/3(?) jav cav verses about 4/maybe 6 light cav and cretans, plus any normal archers that have range.

Also with macedon it will lose the archer war against chaz archers since it nullifies the createns and turns it into a 6 on 6 archer war plus i still have my jav cav.
    Assuming your opponent isn't able to contest your CA/jav cav. Plus where have my light cav gone in this scenario?

Now i have my scythes and once i win the archer war tell me how you will counter them.
    Again, you assume your opponent has been completely unable to contest your CA/javcav. Plus, my light cav are still floating about.

And i am shooting down your infantry with all my missiles. You can now rush or wait and watch your army get slaughtered. I can easily just wait until your cav has a big oppening and i take them out with scythes. I also would prob have a cappa unit to hammer your pikes and that is what i will do. Now youve lost one wing and are still being bombarded with missiles.
    Assuming you've completely dominated the missile war, and I decide to give you that big opening to take out my cavalry

In conclusion. Pontus is better than macedon.
    Definitely Pontus is the superior faction, but that doesn't mean Macedon can't defend itself quite well against it.

Is it me that he talks about so just say so man xD. i dunno who he means but personally i think chariots give to much value for theyre cost. Scythed chariots aint that bad. But those from egypt gives the player an advantage over almost every faction. Its two guys ive lost to when facing macedon against pontus. one is flea who is a graet player, im no fan off chariots and made it clear but said sorry to flea and well he is a good player. the other battle i remember very well, it was against a random, and even worst i outflanking him with both cav and infantry and he just stood there. like hoo?? then i hammer and andivll and rout bronze blabla he fiannly moves his cap and chariots in. i try to get my cav behind my lines run goddammit run they dont run and well usually that would have been easily to get away from but they didint wanna ing run!!!!!, he routs my cav with his chariots and go head on into my pikes with his chariots rout those also then i just admitted defeat. played some rematches and crushed him to make me not feel like rubbish, and went upstairs to cry

pliz somebody comfort me!!!!!!

and well better missle units depends on what you play.im usually 10 and 12.5k twpl and well then cretans are a waste of money usually

We played one rematch true.

Civis

I beat a certain Hell clan member and he claimed that he outplayed me even through I defeated him. I used two scythed chariots and he used Macedon. Now I felt good about my accomplishment since I beat a top ranking player and I only play casually. My chariots destroyed his cav then I charged with my phalanx. According to most RTW players that is not noob tactics. If you beat someone they you outplayed them not the other way around.

Typical noob excuse if you ask me
    Last edited by Eagle; November 07, 2009 at 10:19 AM.

"To those that flee comes neither power nor glory."

89% of teens would die today if myspace was destroyed. if you are one of the 11% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

Centenarius

I do not like chariots, I really hate them. IMO, yes they are overpowered, but not scythe chariots, they go beserk. No chaz are not a noob tactic. His fault for leaving his cav exposed. Opposing chaz, light horse are often a better option because they have a chance of out running them.

Pontus was not a free nation. You need to read up on Mithridates.

Please stay on topic, everyone. A few posts have been deleted.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
    Curious Curialist curing the Curia of all things Curial.

Chariots aren't overpowered when you know how to counter them. they are like some little peasants. Vs scythed chariots fire arrows are the best counter, Why?, because scythed charioted are very easy to run amok. He should have taken a couple of cretans to get rid of your scythed chaz quickly but he was a big looser by acting like a noob and saying he overplayed you. Elephants is the same thing, fire arrows. Pikes are also a good way to kill chaz in general. But attention!!! Other chariots than the scythed ones aren't runing amok, scythed ones are the only ones. Another good way to kill chaz is to get about 4-5 gold gold cataphracts and a minimum of i pike involved in the chariots fight, Cataphracts with their very strong armour and Secondary atack (hold Alt and clik on the target) + a tiny unit of pikes would crash his chaz.

''I do not steal victories''-Alexander| Clan site: www.sithtotalwar.com

Quote Originally Posted by thedcode View Post
    Chariots aren't overpowered when you know how to counter them. they are like some little peasants. Vs scythed chariots fire arrows are the best counter, Why?, because scythed charioted are very easy to run amok. He should have taken a couple of cretans to get rid of your scythed chaz quickly but he was a big looser by acting like a noob and saying he overplayed you. Elephants is the same thing, fire arrows. Pikes are also a good way to kill chaz in general. But attention!!! Other chariots than the scythed ones aren't runing amok, scythed ones are the only ones. Another good way to kill chaz is to get about 4-5 gold gold cataphracts and a minimum of i pike involved in the chariots fight, Cataphracts with their very strong armour and Secondary atack (hold Alt and clik on the target) + a tiny unit of pikes would crash his chaz.
    You are technially correct but in 10k people dont buy creatans. on top of that i can take 2 ha and i will win the archer war for certain if i have any ability at skirmishing. Of course if i do win the archer war its easy going since there is nothing to stop the scythe chaz or thee missiles so pontus does have the advantage here.

yes but these are details i mostly told him how to beat chaz.

''I do not steal victories''-Alexander| Clan site: www.sithtotalwar.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast