Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SR Colonial India, Including Total Colonial India and Realistic Colonial India both v1.0

Icon1 SR Colonial India, Including Total Colonial India and Realistic Colonial India both v1.0

In this mod i give several regions in india to the european nation, mainly because at the moment nothing happens there apart from maratha's taking over unless you intervene. Europeans other than Portugal and Netherlands had holdings in india in the form of trading posts and forts and in some case cases heavily influenced the surronding areas.

I will be releasing three mods, two of which ive semi-completed and am putting up for download. I say semi because i just have to fix FOW and give victory conditions to the minor factions but as most people will be playing as major factions this wont affect them.

Total Colonial India V 1.0
    http://www.filefront.com/14863321/SR...20India%20v1.r

This mod will be bending historical truth quite a bit and gives the most regions to the europeans out of the three mods. Netherlands get Ceylon, Portugal Goa & Gujarat, France Orissa, Britain Bengal and the Danish Carnatica. All these factions had holdings in these regions at this time.

Overview of changes

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Apart from giving the european nations the land ive tested and fixed some bugs and elements that i think would lessen gameplay value such as.

v1.0

• Fix FOW bug for Portugal and denmark
    • Add Victory conditions for Portugal and Denmark with Indian goals
    • Fixed a bug were marseille was undeveloped

v0.9

• All factions are unlocked apart from Emergents, louisana, New spain and the thirteen colonies.
    • Fixed a FOW problem for Britian and France
    • Fixed a bug where you would have no Indian Minister
    • Lowered the Tax from 3,3 to 2,1 for Indian French Tax Policy from the start as the upper class wern't happy and the lower class were rebelling.
    • Upgraded the french settelment from Magistrate to Governers Barracks to put them on a equal level playing field to everyone else on the indian sub-continent.

To Do

• Give nation descriptions to Denmark and portugal (any help on this would be appreciated with a bit about them in india)
    • Give The europeans a small garrison in their respective territories in India

Gameplay from Testing

Ive tested this mod out loads with all the diffrent factions to see the gameplay change, i only tested upto 10 turns at most as i was trying to iron out bugs and fix starting gameplay elements. But some intresting things occured firstly 8 out of 10 times Maratha (Who only have one starting region) conquer one Mughal territory, 1 out of 10 times Maratha would conquer Three Mughal territories and 1 out of 10 times Mughals would destroy the Maratha Confedracy.

Playing as Denmark the Netherlands and Mysore declared war on me, this would suggest that the europeans are going to slug it out in India and that the natives arent happy about their new neighbours.

Realistic Colonial India V 1.0
    http://www.filefront.com/14880293/SR...India%20v1.rar

This mod will be the most realistic in terms of historical accuracy and gives gives Nethelands ceylon, Portugal Goa, France Orissa and Britian Bengal.

Overview of changes

Apart from giving the european nations the land ive tested and fixed some bugs and elements that i think would lessen gameplay value such as.

v1.0

• Fix FOW bug for Portugal
    • Add Victory conditions for Portugal
    • Fixed a bug were marseille was undeveloped

v0.9

• All factions are unlocked
    • Fixed a FOW problem for Britian and France
    • Fixed a bug where you would have no Indian Minister
    • Lowered the Tax from 3,3 to 2,1 for Indian French Tax Policy from the start as the upper class wern't happy and the lower class were rebelling.
    • Upgraded the french settelment from Magistrate to Governers Barracks to put them on a equal level playing field to everyone else on the indian sub-continent.

To Do

• Give nation descriptions to portugal (any help on this would be appreciated with a bit about them in india)
    • Give The europeans a small garrison in their respective territories in India

To come RCI - DARTH MOD Ultimate Commander

Good News Realistic Colonial India Mod is going to be an official optional add-on for the Darth Mod Ultimate Commander!

How to install
    same for all the mods above

Back up your startpos.esf first found in the directory below.
    Then place the startpos.ESF file you downloaded into steam\steamapps\common\empiretotalwar\data\campaigns\main

Thanks to

"Just" for his ESF editor
    "HusserITW" for his tutorial on how to edit startpos.esf
    "Euramus777" for how to take off FOW and his update to the ESF editor
    Last edited by Shakyrivers; November 12, 2009 at 03:24 PM. Reason: To come RCI - DARTH MOD Ultimate Commander

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Shakyrivers Colonial India

cool mod. I like the idea of Europeand starting India very much. I would give you rep if I would know how I'm quite new here.
    [Col] RO Citizen

Nizam's Avatar Ordinarius

Good work, marathas will not be plague anymore!!!

Ottoman Total Overhaul received the 2nd favorite Overhaul/Compilation Mod - 2016 award!
    by_TotalWarTurkiye

Quote Originally Posted by Nizam View Post
    Good work, marathas will not be plague anymore!!!
    you are so right

Well Done old bean... I like it a lot +Rep for you Sir!

p.s. RO Citizen; when you are reading threw the threads, in "Shakyrivers" first post under his avatar, you will see a green button with a plus sign in it. When you meet the necessary requirements to this forum, you can press and distribute rep to that user. But then you have to rep at least 5 others before being allowed to rep someone again for the second time. Hope this helps

Push on, brave York volunteers

This is great, thank you very much Shakyrivers.

Thanks for the replies, im working on v1.0 now. I really put v0.9 out for download so people could give me some feedback on any bugs and how to improve gameplay. Also if anyone could help me with the writing of nation descriptions for Portugal and Denmark maybe even updating Britain and France id be very gratefull.

Skyline Pete's Avatar Senator

Eagerly awaiting your realistic version mate!

Looks fantastic.

This looks incredible! This is exactly what I have been looking for for quite a while now. I was going to learn the Startpos Editor myself and do something very similar at the end of my current campaign but you have saved me the bother sir!

Thank you.

All the best,
    Stu.

Default Re: SR Colonial India, Including Total Colonial India and now Realistic Colonial India

Released Realistic Conlonial India just for Skyline Pete

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Default Re: SR Colonial India, Including Total Colonial India and now Realistic Colonial India

Most welcome. Would be nice though if you could increase the number of Indian provinces so every colonial power in India at the time had a share of the action e.g. Denmark.

Last edited by Geronimo2006; November 04, 2009 at 08:49 AM.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Thx, Maj Gen Isaac Brock. Seems I'm too new atm.

It isn't possible to increase the number of regions in ETW atm, because Ca didn't released the offical tools yet

Sharkirivers, could you also make Punjab and Afganistan playable? This would add even more entertaing in India
    [Col] RO Citizen

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Shakyrivers View Post
    Thanks for the replies, im working on v1.0 now. I really put v0.9 out for download so people could give me some feedback on any bugs and how to improve gameplay. Also if anyone could help me with the writing of nation descriptions for Portugal and Denmark maybe even updating Britain and France id be very gratefull.
    Sources here and here on Portugal:
    During the 15th and 16th centuries, with a global empire that included possessions in Africa, Asia, and South America, Portugal was one of the world's major economic, political and military powers. It was then united with Spain during a period called the Iberian Union. Although Portugal did not lose its formal independence, it was governed by the same monarch who governed Spain, briefly forming a union of kingdoms, as a personal union; The joining of the two crowns deprived Portugal of a separate foreign policy, and led to the involvement in the Eighty Years War being fought in Europe at the time between Spain and The Netherlands. War led to a deterioration of the relations with Portugal's oldest ally, and the loss of Hormuz. From 1595 to 1663 the Dutch-Portuguese War primarily involved the Dutch companies invading many Portuguese colonies and commercial interests in Brazil, Africa, India and the Far East, resulting in the loss of the Portuguese Indian Sea trade monopoly.

In 1640, John IV spearheaded an uprising backed by disgruntled nobles and was proclaimed king. The Portuguese Restoration War between Portugal and Spain on the aftermath of the 1640 revolt, ended the sixty-year period of the Iberian Union under the House of Habsburg. This was the beginning of the House of Braganza. John IV was a beloved monarch, a patron of fine art and music, and a proficient composer and writer on musical subjects. He collected one of the largest libraries in the world. The current king, Pedro II has not only inherited his brother's throne but also married his wife, Queen Marie-Françoise of Savoy (1646 +1683). They had one daughter, Princess Isabella Louise (1669-90), princess of Beira and heiress-presumptive, a.k.a "a Sempre-Noiva" (the ever-engaged), because of the many marriage projects intended for her that were never completed. The Queen, apparently incapable of birthing more offspring, died as late as in 1683, 14 years after Isabella's birth, and because the Princess was a fragile and sick child, the King decided to marry again. In the 17th century the Portuguese emigrated in large numbers to Brazil. By 1709, John V prohibited emigration, since Portugal had lost a sizable fraction of its population. Brazil was elevated to a vice-kingdom.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    Most welcome. Would be nice though if you could increase the number of Indian provinces so every colonial power in India at the time had a share of the action e.g. Denmark.

As ro citizen said "It isn't possible to increase the number of regions in ETW atm, because Ca didn't release the offical tools yet".

But i have given denmark a region in Total colonial india at the top "Carnatica" also thanks for the help on nation description.

Hmmm ro citizen thats a really good idea consider it stolen!

Your welcome

And I can be wrong, but from what i know you can't add a new ary, just change the location of an existing one. Is that true?
    [Col] RO Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by RO Citizen View Post
    Your welcome

And I can be wrong, but from what i know you can't add a new ary, just change the location of an existing one. Is that true?
    From what i read you can only change the location of an existing one or steal them from the another nations army and change the location of that, but maybe you can clone it if you find all its entrys and if you can clone it you can use hybrid startpos.esf to basically make any army you want. But this might be entirely wrong only one way to find out and thats to test till your eyes bleed!

hi .. do you think is possible to make a light version of your mod compatible with others major mod like TROM, IS or darth mod (only map change) ?

Icon1 Re: SR Colonial India, Including Total Colonial India and now Realistic Colonial India

Quote Originally Posted by littleleo View Post
    hi .. do you think is possible to make a light version of your mod compatible with others major mod like TROM, IS or darth mod (only map change) ?
    Hey, this mod is a edit of the startpos.esf file so it is compatible with any mod that doesnt have its own modded startpos.esf. Having a quick look at the above mods its not compatible with IS or Trom as both have there own startpos.esf but is compatible with darthmod.

Skyline Pete's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Shakyrivers View Post
    Released Realistic Conlonial India just for Skyline Pete
    Yeehaw! Love your work mate!!
    +rep!

I reckon this will be worth restarting my Spanish campaign for.

Aloicias's Avatar Senator

I think it should also be noted that you made changes in Europe as well. I dont really like that you made Marsailles un developed it takes about 3000 a turn in trade agreements away from France. But some of that might be attributed to the the addition of a few six rates across the European and American theatres.

I am also having a weird bug selecting units on the campaign map. You click on them and they deselect, stoping their movement. Then you have to figite them around alittle (and loose movement pionts) to get them to go were you want them to.
    Last edited by Aloicias; November 04, 2009 at 05:52 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast