Thread: What the?

Default What the?

Ok so I assumed the "Kingdoms: Hosted modifications" stood for mods that are actually finished, I was wrong however they where clear enough to specify it was a beta... ok so far so good.

Now the **** hits the fan when I install the beta and ok so factions here and there everything fine.

Now realizing it is indeed a beta I withdraw and look on how to uninstall it... and o holy mother I cant since it does not feature in the program files.

So I turn to play Third age mod and here is where I go hair-pulling nuts!

My units dont have the green dots that mark their formations and neither does the enemy?! Clicking the faction shield in battle is useless now!

To cherry things up the names of the cities dont appear unless I put my mouse over them!

Anyone having similar issues? or anyone knows how to fix them PLEASE I would like to have things back to normal

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Default Re: What the?

The green outlines can be activated from the CRG file in
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\IB2
    Double click the file it will open.
    disable_arrow_markers = true
    Change to
    disable_arrow_markers = false

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Romaneck View Post
    Ok so I assumed the "Kingdoms: Hosted modifications" stood for mods that are actually finished, I was wrong however they where clear enough to specify it was a beta... ok so far so good.

Now the **** hits the fan when I install the beta and ok so factions here and there everything fine.

Now realizing it is indeed a beta I withdraw and look on how to uninstall it... and o holy mother I cant since it does not feature in the program files.

So I turn to play Third age mod and here is where I go hair-pulling nuts!

My units dont have the green dots that mark their formations and neither does the enemy?! Clicking the faction shield in battle is useless now!

To cherry things up the names of the cities dont appear unless I put my mouse over them!

Anyone having similar issues? or anyone knows how to fix them PLEASE I would like to have things back to normal

To uninstall the program you simply can delete the mod folder and delete the icon on your desktop.

MathiasOfAthens is right about the green arrow markers.

As a side note -- did you install the beta and the patch 1.0?
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Well altough I managed to get things back on track I still apreciate your help you guys are fast!

My guess is that ill wait for the full release then, but I dunno, past experience has taught me that simply deleting content that you have installed trough aplication exe sometimes leaves a mark that stains like a black light-devouring hole

Anyway since the issue at hand has been dealt with and these gentlemen have given me some extra advice I would consider it correct to close this thread and move on

Edit: and sorry if I came of as hostile or y at the first post... It was late and nothing was working =P