Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Conversions and Changes: What have you done to mod your own PDER games?

Studpuffin's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Conversions and Changes: What have you done to mod your own PDER games?

Okay,

Back to modding again, finally made the Zirids... but did so after removing Syria. I found the Syrian faction seemed to slow down game play by preventing the Seljuks, Rum, or Egypt from expanding... at the same time crusades would eventually eat them up.

Haven't played with the Zirids much, yet anyway. Hopefully they'll work out better.

aus-rotten's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Conversions and Changes: What have you done to mod your own PDER games?

with a little pride in my voice (because it was my very first modding at all) I can say:

- increased the men per unit
    - brought back the swords for pikemen

NO GODS -NO MASTERS
    just free minds

my brown power ass in your white power face.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Well done!

Studpuffin's Avatar Tiro

Good work AR. Its feels great doesn't it?

Update: The Zirids are working out alright, but seem to become the target of every crusade that happens (yet not many crusaders make it by land all the way to Tunisia, so there are a lot of failed crusades). This seemed to happen to Cairo quite a bit before I made the Zirids.

I understand that the crusade, jihad, and horde_target hidden traits give priority to crusades, but is there a way to increase or decrease a city's priority for this trait?

Anyway, Zirids are good for one main reason. They've helped to curb Sicilian expansion in the early game. I've had quite a few games of big gray blobs covering the mediterranean, akin to the Macedonian Hordes of RTR. The Zirids have made a fairly nice counter balance.

Blog Entries

I understand that the crusade, jihad, and horde_target hidden traits give priority to crusades, but is there a way to increase or decrease a city's priority for this trait?
    It appears that the first city (in descr_regions) with that hidden_resource gets hit first.

Studpuffin's Avatar Tiro

Ah, hmmm. Can I rearrange the settlements in that file without affecting the game (or needing to delete map.rwn)?

"to delete map.rwn", it must yes

Blog Entries

I am not sure if it is necessary to generate a new map (delete map.rwm) but you might as well - the changes will only take effect when you start a new game.

Studpuffin's Avatar Tiro

Rats, I've been enjoying my current game.

Oh well, thanks for the input. I appreciate the help guys!

Regards,
    Studpuffin

Studpuffin's Avatar Tiro

A thought occurs to me...

What if I were to remove all Crusade, Jihad, and Horde_targets from that file? How would that affect the game?

I'm willing to test if no one has a clue!

Regards,
    Studpuffin

Blog Entries

I guess crusades and jihads would be called on some weird settlements.
    And the Mongols and Timurid might look a little lost or go for the nearest settlement.

hands down one of my all time favorites! what have I done~ been inspired to make my own!
    this one is Classic!

billydilly's Avatar Senator

@ Studpuffin

Do you still have your conversion of PDER? My comp broke down, and I lost all my changes to PDER. Just got a new computer a couple of weeks ago.

How about a download link for your conversion? I can then add some of my new graphics and some other stuff, and we could upload it as a submod until Socal releases version 2.0 (hopefully).
    Last edited by billydilly; October 19, 2010 at 05:56 AM.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234