Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conversions and Changes: What have you done to mod your own PDER games?

Default Re: Conversions and Changes: What have you done to mod your own PDER games?

Very good Billy,is dommageable that no is possible to integrate rusichi and Broken crescent units,I have do that,also Bellum Crucis.I have create my Serbian Empire(my submod start in 1190)from the portugal faction.I don't no integrate new names.

good luck for your submod

Default Re: Conversions and Changes: What have you done to mod your own PDER games?

I have reinstalled SV,I have replaced the portugal symbols by the serbians from SV,but only him of the campaign selection work,in the strat map and diplomacy I have ever the symbol of Portugal.
    In battle I have the beautifull two headed aigle.
    Please help
    thanks

Studpuffin's Avatar Tiro

Rus-Bey

You'll have to implement new faction symbols in the descr_sm_factions file. I think there is a tutorial in the mods workshop for this. I have yet to implement new symbols for the most part.

I've been pretty much swamped over the last few weeks, haven't even really gotten a chance to play... let alone mod. School, work, and personal stuff all get in the way this time of year. Hopefully once Christmas/New Year is passed I'll be able to work a little more. It shouldn't be too much harder to have something ready soonish.

Anyone good with building installers? I've never done one before and don't just want to put up the files i've modded.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

From uncle gigantus' tutorial box:
    Creating a World - Using the Install Creator

Thanks its okay Gigantus,I have now real serbs.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Studpuffin View Post
    I have succeeded on porting a skin! Yahoo! Wahoo! Yipee!

I now have Sicilian Grifones from C2:SV's as recruitable in aor_s_italy. A new world has opened for me now... and do I have some ideas!
    HOW like you i don't have a clue ...but have i got ideas .If i ever suceed i won't be able to stop .i Just need the light to come on

Signature made by Joar

Studpuffin's Avatar Tiro

You'll have to import the proper files for its equipment and install in the proper directories, add the unit in the appropriat files, and then pray to whom or whatever that it works!

My suggestion is to first create new units using existing skins until you understand the directories. They're is probably a tutorial for this, but I'm a trial and error kind of guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Studpuffin View Post
    You'll have to import the proper files for its equipment and install in the proper directories, add the unit in the appropriat files, and then pray to whom or whatever that it works!

My suggestion is to first create new units using existing skins until you understand the directories. They're is probably a tutorial for this, but I'm a trial and error kind of guy.
    It didn't ! maybe i didnt pray hard enough .I attempted to import a CBUR skoutatoi

Signature made by Joar

Studpuffin's Avatar Tiro

Yeah, it took me quite a bit to finally add something new to the game. For a while I was just copying older units as place holders (such as Cilician Javelinmen and cavalry as Akritoi). I will try to find a link to tutorial for you, but perhaps try practicing by making placeholders using older skins. That really seemed to help me out.

open you PDER battle_models and type se_spear_militia and observe

16 se_spear_militia
    1 1
    54 unit_models/_Units/romans/ere_light_spearmen_lod0.mesh 6400
    9 byzantium
    66 unit_models/_Units/romans/textures/ere_light_spearmen_diff.texture

66 unit_models/_Units/romans/textures/ere_light_spearmen_norm.texture
    51 unit_sprites/byzantium_Southern_Peasants_sprite.spr
    7 armenia
    5 slave
    47 unit_sprites/slave_Southern_Peasants_sprite.spr
    4 merc
    9 byzantium
    73 unit_models/_Units/romans/textures/attach_ere_light_spearmen_diff.texture

73 unit_models/_Units/romans/textures/attach_ere_light_spearmen_norm.texture 0
    7 armenia
    5 slave
    4 merc
    4 None
    10 MTW2_Spear 0
    18 MTW2_Spear_primary
    14 fs_test_shield 0

Name of the unit, like in export_descr_unit
    mesh of the unit, his architecture
    texture of the unit
    attachments,skin of the shield and the weapon

here you have a modified battle_models, I had replaced the vanilla destinations by them of Broken Crescents, its very accessible if you replace by unit having the same equiments.

look, now I will replace this unit with very heavies roman soldiers:

16 se_spear_militia
    1 1
    53 unit_models/_Units/romans/ere_medium_lancer_lod0.mesh 6400
    9 byzantium
    65 unit_models/_Units/romans/textures/ere_medium_lancer_diff.texture
    65 unit_models/_Units/romans/textures/ere_medium_lancer_norm.texture
    7 armenia
    5 slave
    47 unit_sprites/slave_Southern_Peasants_sprite.spr
    4 merc
    9 byzantium
    72 unit_models/_Units/romans/textures/attach_ere_medium_lancer_diff.texture
    72 unit_models/_Units/romans/textures/attach_ere_medium_lancer_norm.texture 0
    7 armenia
    5 slave
    4 merc
    4 None
    10 MTW2_Spear 0
    18 MTW2_Spear_primary
    14 fs_test_shield 0

If I'm clear,you will make the same thing with CBUR, move the folders and files like its indicated in the battle_models
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; February 23, 2010 at 11:14 PM.

Naaman's Avatar Libertus

Great tutorial indeed!!! +rep
    Last edited by Naaman; February 24, 2010 at 04:04 AM.

I have REP + EVERYONE ! I'm becoming obsessive about this ,I'v got such great plans ,one day maybe the public will see ,but don't hold your breathe .Right work becons back at 6 to give it a whirl .Thanks all .... That all i got to do ? In the CBUR files theres about 8 textures for Skoutatoi ,thats another reason i get confused ,what about all the other bits and pieces e.g sprites etc ?
    Last edited by Constantius; February 24, 2010 at 04:10 AM.

Signature made by Joar

Naaman's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by constantius View Post
    I have REP + EVERYONE ! I'm becoming obsessive about this ,I'v got such great plans ,one day maybe the public will see ,but don't hold your breathe .Right work becons back at 6 to give it a whirl .Thanks all .... That all i got to do ? In the CBUR files theres about 8 textures for Skoutatoi ,thats another reason i get confused ,what about all the other bits and pieces e.g sprites etc ?
    So Your sub mod is now in sight?

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    So Your sub mod is now in sight?
    I wouldn't go that far ,but we'r better off than yesterday
    Plus got to get permission ...First i experiment on getting it right 1 at a time
    Last edited by Constantius; February 24, 2010 at 04:27 AM.

Signature made by Joar

Constantius, if you have difficults give here the part from the battle_models of the original unit and the unit of CBUR that you want implement.For the sprites, don't change that, you might find a tutorial for make new sprite, but its long and laborious. The Broken Crescent team, for example no had produce new sprites.
    Thanks for the rep, I will be happy if I can help, I had encountered many difficulty to replace all the hidous units, but now I have a total customized Sicilian Vespers, I hope anxiously the PDER 2.0.
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; February 24, 2010 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-Bey View Post
    Constantius, if you have difficults give here the part from the battle_models of the original unit and the unit of CBUR that you want implement.For the sprites, don't change that, you might find a tutorial for make new sprite, but its long and laborious. The Broken Crescent team, for example no had produce new sprites.
    Thanks for the rep, I will be happy if I can help, I had encountered many difficulty to replace all the hidous units, but now I have a total customized Sicilian Vespers, I hope anxiously the PDER 2.0.
    Thanks alot appreciate your help as i said its becoming obsessive just carnt bear those vanilla units .So just to clarify if i do what you did, in post, this morning i'll have new unit ?

Signature made by Joar

20h00 in France, tomorow yes, post here like I had do with the se_spear_militia, you will observe the powerfull effect of the replacing^^, and tast his beneficts.

So just one more time if i type in the CBUR detail about Skoutatoi inplace of what it says in chivII i'll get it yes . I 'm sorry i'v just reinstalled to test again.Oh and by the way i realise this is PDER thrread its just an example and experiment

Signature made by Joar

I'm not clear sorry, but like you want...Look in the tutorial, you will think that it easy, just long and laborious to replace each hidous unit by an unit of your choice. PM if you have questions.
    Good luck and back up ever all modified files^^

Studpuffin's Avatar Tiro

Also, you must make sure the files are in the right locations. That's the most important part.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast