What are some tactics and tips for Talamasca, Severin, and Rahala? (I'm basing it off of the faction maps, not the all faction late start one)

As the severin my troops get decimated by the Woodsmen armoured swordsmen. Even a unit of Daeva Archers and DAeva swordsmen get defeated by them. Its really annoying when I'm assaulting a town and a single unit of armoured swordsmen send 4 units of the my early heavy axemen (not semendi, the Cursed lands human) running.

As Talamasca my Order pikes are worthless against the druids while by Human Guardians and men at arms are excellent. My pikes fled while my Guards and men-at-arms stayed and fought it out with druids despite being surrounded. It might be fault with my deployment though. I places my pikes in the center to to absorb the enemy charge and the heavy units on the immediate flanks to encircle.

As Rahala I'm finding that my small unit sizes is hurting. The Shovar (angry looking blue faced guys in a phalanx) aren't bad but seem a bit too weak against heavy woodsmen swords. Also, is there any advantage to the Rahala over Severin? The Rahala get worse archers, smaller units, and marginaly better cavalry. Is there something I'm missing? Also, with the Succubus cavalry, how do I know when they are under the influence of warcry? I remember reading somewhere that warcry takes a bit of time before it takes affect. In core RTW you can tell by when the unit is done screaming, however Succubus Cavalry are always screaming.

However, it is still an awsome mod and I'm loving it. The atmosphere is great.