Thread: TROM related GFX Problem

Default TROM related GFX Problem

Started a new campaign this afternoon, after I had to adandon my Prussian one due to the weird corruptions and the constant CTD's on loading my saved games.

However, despite limiting the Mods I am using to just TROM I still found I had the weird 'flying saucer' effects for the cannon balls. (see below)

This is a test battle I set-up specifically to test and isolate the cause of the problem. This is with the game running with the trom_blood_smoke and trom_battlesounds ticked in Mod_Manager.

Below is a re-run of more or less exactly the same battle set-up, but with trom_blood_smoke and trom_battlesounds unticked in Mod_Manager and BSM_3_1_FULL_all_cannons_MM and weaponFX ticked instead.

Its pretty obvious that something in my game doesn't like the TROM version of these blood and smoke mods.

The only other thing I think might be worth mentioning, is that I have absolutely NO interest in the Warpath Expansion, and so haven't bought it. However, at about the same time as these strange coruptions started to occur, I also noticed that the indian's in my campaign started making speeches (using really bad voice actors, trying to minic native american accents), make pathetic whooping noises when running, plus a rip off of the train sound from the film Zulu when walking.

So, I'm thinking that whether I like it or not I've been given at least part of the new content from the Warpath campaign (e.g. the naff bits), and I wonder if the fact that I haven't bought the whole package is screwing my game up.
    Last edited by Didz; November 01, 2009 at 09:04 PM.

WarnerVH's Avatar Miles

Default Re: TROM related GFX Problem

and I wonder if the fact that I haven't bought the whole package is screwing my game up.
    I don't know if you have seen this; but if you load a custom game since the last ETW update it makes no difference if you bought the Warpath expansion you get a preselected American Indian faction now in Custom Battles. If you try to play it or with it though, it will cause a CTD.

My guess would be that it is already installed and dormant on your PC just like the Special Forces from the first release of ETW. There was a way of unlocking those units I once heard; but never had an interest in getting banned from STEAM b/c of tinkering with that. Nor would I wan't the SF units as I haven't bought any of the other DLC.

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Didz View Post
    Its pretty obvious that something in my game doesn't like the TROM version of these blood and smoke mods.
    Which version of trom_blood_smoke are you using, light, medium, full? Also, make sure that the trom_blood_smoke mod is placed ABOVE trom_core_part1 in ModManager.

Quote Originally Posted by Didz View Post
    The only other thing I think might be worth mentioning, is that I have absolutely NO interest in the Warpath Expansion, and so haven't bought it. However, at about the same time as these strange coruptions started to occur, I also noticed that the indian's in my campaign started making speeches (using really bad voice actors, trying to minic native american accents), make pathetic whooping noises when running, plus a rip off of the train sound from the film Zulu when walking.
    I don't have Warpath either. In the latest TROM update, I have tried to fix some of the UI problems that appeared since the ETW 1.5 patch, like event messages showing pictures of tipis and smoke signals. I would like to hear if people are still seeing those, and if yes, for which events and factions.

Quote Originally Posted by WarnerVH View Post
    I don't know if you have seen this; but if you load a custom game since the last ETW update it makes no difference if you bought the Warpath expansion you get a preselected American Indian faction now in Custom Battles. If you try to play it or with it though, it will cause a CTD.
    I don't think that is supposed to happen. Anyone else seeing this? Could be a problem with one of the native units in TROM.
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Quote Originally Posted by Johan217 View Post
    Which version of trom_blood_smoke are you using, light, medium, full? Also, make sure that the trom_blood_smoke mod is placed ABOVE trom_core_part1 in ModManager.
    I'm using BSM_3_1_FULL_all_cannons_MM e.g. Blood and Smoke 3.1 Full for all cannon. However, as evidenced by the pictures the BSM mod is not triggering the UFO effect. It only happens when I switch to the TROM version.

The TROM_blood_mod is already placed above TROM_core_part_1.

Quote Originally Posted by Johan217 View Post
    I don't have Warpath either. In the latest TROM update, I have tried to fix some of the UI problems that appeared since the ETW 1.5 patch, like event messages showing pictures of tipis and smoke signals. I would like to hear if people are still seeing those, and if yes, for which events and factions.
    Can't say I've noticed any tipis, as I said the main annoyance I've noticed is the appalling voice acting from the Inuit warriors I'm fighting at the moment. (I think they actually sound more like Japanese Samurai than indian's) and the equally awful background music (some sort of native american jazz band or something), which has forced me to turn the music off completely now.

I think some of the models have changed too, the uniut look a lot more like renegade stuntmen from a Mad Max movie than I remember.

Serenissima's Avatar Tiro

Well, look on the plus side: at least it looks cool.
    Most Serene.