Thread: help needed making greek generals all spartan hoplites.

Default help needed making greek generals all spartan hoplites.

hi all, can anyone help me with this please?? is it easy to do?? i thought there was already a mod that done this, but iam unable to find it.. i would like my kh generals to be spartans when they come of age and not the greek unit they are..

Icon3 Re: help needed making greek generals all spartan hoplites.

It's been sometime since I've last edited the units, but yes: this is possible.

You need to edit the file "export_descr_unit.txt" (EDU), which can be found in "[RTW folder]\EB\data\sp edu back up". (If you are not using the trivial script, you should edit the EDU file in EB\data. The files are identical, but the trivial script will replace the EDU in EB\data with the one from "sp edu back up" every time you start the game.)

Search the edu file for the entry of the Greek bodyguard hoplites. In the list of "attributes" there will be an entry "general_unit". Simply remove this entry and place it with the attributes of the Spartan hoplites. This does not affect starting bodyguards, but any general coming of age after the game's start will have Spartans as bodyguard.

A couple of things to keep in mind:
    1) Naturally, make a back-up of your EDU before you start editing.
    2) Whereas the standard bodyguard units come free of upkeep, Spartan bodyguards will cost you a considerable sum per turn.
    3) According to Aradan's complete EDU guide, the A.I. will not recruit units with the "general_unit" attribute.
    4) It is also possible to change the bodyguards of starting KH generals, but for this you need to edit another file.

Default Re: help needed making greek generals all spartan hoplites.

cheers ludens.. i will attempt tonight..