Thread: Preview/Interview with the Silver Shield

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Default Preview/Interview with the Silver Shield

Check it out guys. A day late, but good none the less. WotN gets its deserved piece of action over at the Silver Shield 4th Edition.

You'll get a look at two unseen units (Riddarar and Rekkar) amongst over things.

Also take the time to look at my first interview for the SS, an interview with Vacuus Lux Lucis!

All in all, its a great edition for any Dark Age fan.
    Last edited by Horsa; November 01, 2009 at 03:54 AM.

Default Re: Preview/Interview with the Silver Shield

woow we are famous now

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Haršurāšaz's Avatar Senator

Hell yeah!

Automatix's Avatar Semisalis

that sounds very good
    Great orders make from soldiers heroes, wrong orders make from them cowards.
    - Niccolo Machiavelli

Recon's Avatar Decanus

Nice!

But what about the Geats aren't they in?

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Recon View Post
    Nice!

But what about the Geats aren't they in?
    They are yes. Why did you ask?

Recon's Avatar Decanus

Well because I only see the Gotlanders, Svear, Danes and Norwegian tribes in the faction list.

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Recon View Post
    Gotlanders
    There not in... You must of got Geats confused with them.

Recon's Avatar Decanus

Haha yeah I did! Göta/Geat/Gothia/Gothen so many names and pronunciations and yet there were still one i didn't know off. Thanks

So let me redirect my question why is the Gotlanders not in? As you well know they controlled the richest and most powerfull tradecenter in northern europe. Give them some Götar and baltic units in order show the diversity of that region, don't think it would require that much work.

Good news about the Gautlandi and or Geats!

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

^So you live in Gotland or what? Ha ha.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Great interview!

And Vikingr, when I move out of this dump and buy a new PC - I will try to make your Intro! I leared how to do it a while ago, and I learned that I can litterally fry my Laptop (Lenovo) computer doing it lol. Anyway, I will call you when the time comes to call leidang on it and ask for culturel sway and pov of preferances.

Regards,

BL-W
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

OK. Send me a PM when your ready.

Recon's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Blackleaf-Wille View Post
    ^So you live in Gotland or what? Ha ha.
    Nah, just thought it would be an obvious choice to go with the most influenced powers when trying to portray the homeland of the vikings

Gotlanders and another norwegian faction would defiantly be a nice addition in order to show the infighting and complexity of the region.

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Anymore comments?

Yeah, I'm so glad this mod is still up and running, because it sure looks amazing as hell!

I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think - Socrates
    Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intellegor ulli - Ovidius
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - William Shakespeare
    A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

keep going guys, awaiting completion!