Thread: WWI story, a battle between two powerful alliances. Border tensions in France, a battle of sacrifice, honour and pride. A proud production of master412160

Default WWI story, a battle between two powerful alliances. Border tensions in France, a battle of sacrifice, honour and pride. A proud production of master412160

Greetings fellow members of TWC!
    Let me all say how happy I am to preset and share this with you. 3 months ago The Shambhala Players released the first dramatic audio video of its kind. I wrote an other story this time about WWI and asked if they also would make a audio video from it. One person told me a date I believed, I found out when the date occurred it was a joke I was sad for a while. But made a decision to do it all myself. I did so successful in my eye's.

Warning for your ears!

You will need to change the volume of your sound lower or higher sometimes, especially lower when you are at minute 3 and 3:55 then you will after wards have to put the sound higher again. Just don't want to be responsible for damaging your ears.

You will need to type in a password if you want to get access to the file.
    Password: WWI

Download Link:

http://www.2shared.com/file/8814029/...dio_story.html

Original story:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

WWI Story

This story will take place at the border of France near Germany. Between Switzerland and Luxembourg. It is the 5th of March, 1915.
    The Triple Alliance is assembling an army to invade France. Fear and terror spread there way into the little towns near the border in France.
    The Triple Entente better know as Allied Powers, have already taken action and have sent people to infiltrate the ranks of the Triple Alliance. This plans was know 3 months ago in January. But still war was about to brake out one more, both parties got into action. And the border of France near Germany was about to become a bloody battlefield. The landscape is covert with farms and oak trees.

Storyteller: The Allied commander steps out of his tent together with captains and Lieutenants. He goes and stand on a old truck and begins to speak. The entire army stands still to hear the words of the commander.
    Allied Commander: Men I know you have come from far to fight for friends and family. This will be the battle of our time, We have to defend this position until reinforcements arrive. The enemy is preparing an assault against us, we have not much time to prepare and make fortifications. So get to it!
    Lieutenant Meghon: Soldiers deploy our tanks and artillery! Sent our Rifle platoon squads in the field. Place mortars and machine gunners on hills and in the bushes.
    Captain Charles: Soldiers start making trenches, take a shovel and start digging!
    Storyteller: The Allied Powers where preparing for a harsh battle, 6 miles further away the Triple Alliance was moving closer and closer every minute.
    Ringo: I haven't seen my wife for days now.
    Borus: Poor man, I know how you feel. But thats war.
    Ringo: I know, but I don't want to die out here. Without seeing her face again.
    Borus: Well friend if you fight and survive you will see her again.
    Ringo: Thanks for listening to me, I feel allot better now.
    Sgt. Jefferson: Soldiers stop with talking and start digging!
    Storyteller: It begone to rain hard, the ground changed to mud. The Triple army had arrived on the battlefield.
    Allied Commander: Riflemen stay in your trenches, mortars load your weapons. Signal the machine gunners to attack when the hear a flute.
    Artillery fire on there tanks and food supply, tanks destroy there artillery before it can do major damage to us.
    Lieutenant Meghon: Wait for it, let them come closer. ... Riflemen go out of the trenches attack, kill so many as you can!
    Borus: Make sure your rifle has ammo, take cover and shoot the enemy when you get the chance friend.
    Ringo: I follow you, lets take cover behind those barrels shall we.
    Storyteller: The Allied commander took a flute and whistles. The machine gunners opened fire on the marching enemy riflemen. Everywhere
    explosions and bombards took place. Plains in the air dropping men with parachutes. Bullets you could hear all around you.
    Lieutenant Meghon: We can't hold out much longer, we need those 2 artillery guns taken out!
    Sgt. Jefferson: We have two men close to that location, we need to contact them at ones!
    Storyteller: "Soldiers Borus and Ringo we need you to blow up 2 artillery guns near your position."
    Borus: Understood Sgt, friend ask for back up we can't take out that artillery with so many guards.
    5th Platoon squad: We have come to add you in blowing up those artillery guns.
    Ringo: Good, we need to make a distraction.
    Squad Leader: My men will clear out the way to the artillery guns, so you can place C4 on the guns.
    Borus: I have just come back from scouting the terrain, I spot 8 men guarding the artillery gun.
    Squad Leader: Slowly men pick your target aim, ... Fire!
    Storyteller: A fire fight took place, on both sites people died. The enemy offered much resistance, they take cover behind sand backs.
    The Allied forces mange to take control of the location in a long time.
    Squad Leader: This place is cleared out, Ringo and Borus place the C4!
    Ringo: We have to be fast Borus, enemy reinforcement could come to take back this strategic location.
    Borus: I know, let me place the C4 I know how to do it. Give me a minute.
    Storyteller: Borus placed the C4 in the 2 artillery guns so no one could see the C4.
    Ringo: You told me a minute, it took you 12 minutes!
    Borus: You know how hard it is to place C4 in those artillery guns.
    Squad Leader: Objective complete fall back soldiers, you to Borus and Ringo.
    Storyteller: When the soldiers where on a save distance, Borus took the device and activate it. Few moment later a big explosion you could see if you look over the trees.
    Sgt. Jefferson: Commander they artillery guns have been taken out! We can now deploy our tanks into the battlefield and crush there ground infantry.
    Allied Commander: Good job soldiers, the explosion caused fear into the enemy. Deploy our tanks and push them to retreat!
    Storyteller: The Triple Alliance was forced to retreat. The Allied Powers had defeated the enemy and saved the people of France, but the war was far from over.

(End of Story)

I know they didn't use C4 but I didn't know what else of explosives they used.

Credits:

-Produced by master412160
    -Story written by master412160
    -All character voices done by master412160
    -Sig made by scarry2day and adversing by the members of shamb and TWC

If you found it good and liked it you can support it by putting this pic in your sig for a week or so, so everyone knows this is here.

Cheers.
    Last edited by webMaster412160; November 01, 2009 at 03:38 AM.
    One of the few to still have his first avatar in place here on TWC.
    I sometimes miss this place you know. This is where my journey began.

abbews's Avatar The Screen Door Slams

Default Re: WWI story, a battle between two powerful alliances. Border tensions in France, a battle of sacrifice, honour and pride. A proud production of master412160

"Plains in the air dropping men with parachutes"
    WW1 Eh?

"We have come to add you in blowing up those artillery guns."
    Lol wut?

And one more thing.. C4?
    And tanks rush a la blitzkrieg?

molls's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: WWI story, a battle between two powerful alliances. Border tensions in France, a battle of sacrifice, honour and pride. A proud production of master412160

Let me be the first to actually compliment you because of your voice playing. Good Quality and you seem to easily create and keep up distinguishable voices for different characters. Well done for your first time recording!

Acco's Avatar Дијана

I concur with Molls. Your voice was actually pretty fitting for this story and it's good you distinguished between the characters. The only lacking parts are the historical inaccuracies I'm sure others have pointed out. The sound effects could be better (and it'd be awesome if, for example, the gun and artillery sound effects were played continuously throughout the story to give the right effect) but I admittedly wouldn't do much better. Good job man.

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

i shall listen to it
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod