Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Thera Hotseat / Multiplayer

Default Thera Hotseat / Multiplayer

Can some one tell me how to make a hotseat for people on the forum because i am new to this, but if some one starts a hotseat, i call Teutonic Order

Nerva's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Hotseat??

I think the file of the save game is passed by e-mail to the next player or can be attached to a post.
    Bye
    Nerva

The save file is supposed to be uploaded to post and passed on to the next player for his turn. Needs passwords and an admin. And rules ofcourse.
    E:TW's natives have developed a new "Ballistic Automatic Detection And Seeking System" to utterly annihilate any European that sets foot on their soil... That's BADASS for short!

any one want to host or be an adm. for a hotseat, because me is noob

I know it's OT, but do I not remember you as the Official ambassador of the Romuli Empire???

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

it should be 'official' as he appears to be self appointed

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Quote Originally Posted by toluas View Post
    I know it's OT, but do I not remember you as the Official ambassador of the Romuli Empire???
    Things change, but i am still a High ranking Official in the empire, but free lancing my great talents to the T order, but will anyone host a hotseat?

Aru's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hi. Great mod and all that (I wouldn't be playing it if it wasn't great so I'll skip the "you're the best" part :p).

I have a question about hotseat.
    I played hotseat (against myself, I like role playing with all the factions simultaniously) and I saved and after I loaded again, when ending turn nothing happens, it doesn't switch the faction.
    I admit, it could be vanilla question, but since I got Kingdoms I didn't even play vanilla or any other mods but Thera (tells how much I like it) so could as well ask here.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    How many turns into the campagain are you ?
    When it appears to freezze try pressing space, enter space, I dont know if thgis does anything useful, but whenever Ive had what appears to be a freeze(on Thera or any other mod), and it seems to kick start it

try that and feedback, do you have an errror log you could post
    I was about 30 turns into campaign, and it didn't really freeze the usual way. I could still scroll the map and when pressing esc I'd get normal game menu and could quit, it just wouldn't switch factions, the shields would appear up the screen as usual when ending turns, but nothing else would happen.

Btw I started hotseat campaign through multiplayer->hotseat
    I mention that because I remember in vanilla MTW2 (without kingdoms) mods had special file for playing hotseat so perhaps I should start it with some console command?

Oh, and it happened on Thera v1, and I already installed v2 and didn't try hotseat yet (actually I just downloaded 2.1, I'm going to install and try again and post error log if it doesn't work).

edit: Tried on 2.0, same thing, system log is empty, I enden turn with 3 or 4 factions, saved, tloaded game, ended turn and next faction doesn't start, but I can still scroll the map normally, just can't do anything. No matter what I press.

No problem. In any case I think that probably has nothing to do with Thera and I should test it with other mods. I'll let you know as soon as I decide which mod to download, though that may not be so soon as right now I'm only interested in Thera, single player works excellent.

Just to let you know, I solved the hot seat problem. I've got tired of waiting between AI turns so went back at solving hot seat problem.

I unchecked (removed #) from relevant lines in thera config file and set them as they should be for hot seat setting.

Now off to play AI free game against worthy and keen opponent: myself.

I think this is it. I hope.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ## run game in windowed mode
    ## windowed = true
    ## disable movies
    movies = false

[features]
    ## enable battle editor
    editor = true
    ## relative mod path
    mod = mods/thera

[misc]
    ## display date and season on campaign hud
    show_hud_date = true

[game]
    ## allow an unlimited number of men on the battlefield for campaign battles
    unlimited_men_on_battlefield = true
    ## disable_arrow_markers
    ## disable_arrow_markers = true

sub_faction_accents = true

[multiplayer]
    ## comment/uncomment following line to disable/enable hotseat campaign
    playable = true
    ## faction mask for setting default starting factions in hotseat campaign
    factions = 1 # = england, 2 = france, 4 = hre, 3 = england+france, etc

[hotseat]
    ## disable start turn scroll in hotseat campaign
    scroll = false
    ## disable forced separate human faction turns (including diplomacy) in hotseat campaign
    turns = false
    ## enable cheat console in hotseat campaign.
    disable_console = false
    ## specify password for administrator access to the dev console when console disabled. Change 'password' to a suitable password
    # admin_password = password
    ## enable camera updates during ai turn in hotseat campaign
    update_ai_camera = true
    ## enable voting in papal elections in hotseat campaign (only first valid human faction votes)
    disable_papal_elections = false
    ## disable forced autoresolve all battles in hotseat campaign
    autoresolve_battles = false
    ## disable diplomacy validation for incoming propositions
    validate_diplomacy = false
    ## disable forced relevant hotseat options to be saved with game.
    save_prefs = true
    ## autosave hotseat game at start of players turn
    autosave = true
    ## save config file in save dir containing information about next players turn
    save_config = true
    ## close medieval II directly after a hotseat autosave
    close_after_save = false
    ## sub directory name for hotseat save games
    gamename = hotseat_gamename
    ## ensure game data files used in previous save match current campaign data files.
    validate_data = true
    ## prevent game to load if savegame or data validations fail
    allow_validation_failures = false

[misc]
    ## specify the name of the save game to automatically load when Medieval II is launched
    # bypass_to_strategy_save = game_name.sav

edit: note that I have disabled movies and password, I don't know if you want them enabled or disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    And you have no hotseat issues now, it all works ok ?
    It all works perfectly.
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; April 02, 2009 at 11:59 AM. Reason: issue resolved, fix on next patch
    Has signatures turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by Aru View Post
    Hi. Great mod and all that (I wouldn't be playing it if it wasn't great so I'll skip the "you're the best" part :p).

I have a question about hotseat.
    I played hotseat (against myself, I like role playing with all the factions simultaniously) and I saved and after I loaded again, when ending turn nothing happens, it doesn't switch the faction.
    I admit, it could be vanilla question, but since I got Kingdoms I didn't even play vanilla or any other mods but Thera (tells how much I like it) so could as well ask here.
    Cheers.
    How many turns into the campagain are you ?
    When it appears to freezze try pressing space, enter space, I dont know if thgis does anything useful, but whenever Ive had what appears to be a freeze(on Thera or any other mod), and it seems to kick start it

try that and feedback, do you have an errror log you could post

I was about 30 turns into campaign, and it didn't really freeze the usual way. I could still scroll the map and when pressing esc I'd get normal game menu and could quit, it just wouldn't switch factions, the shields would appear up the screen as usual when ending turns, but nothing else would happen.

Btw I started hotseat campaign through multiplayer->hotseat
    I mention that because I remember in vanilla MTW2 (without kingdoms) mods had special file for playing hotseat so perhaps I should start it with some console command?

Oh, and it happened on Thera v1, and I already installed v2 and didn't try hotseat yet (actually I just downloaded 2.1, I'm going to install and try again and post error log if it doesn't work).

edit: Tried on 2.0, same thing, system log is empty, I enden turn with 3 or 4 factions, saved, tloaded game, ended turn and next faction doesn't start, but I can still scroll the map normally, just can't do anything. No matter what I press.
    I never play hotseat except for testings (where are factions are AI control)

I will have a look at it, it wont be for a couple of weeks though, Im giving my self a two week holiday, where I only play, no tinkering

No problem. In any case I think that probably has nothing to do with Thera and I should test it with other mods. I'll let you know as soon as I decide which mod to download, though that may not be so soon as right now I'm only interested in Thera, single player works excellent.
    Glad you are enjoying it,

cheers
    Jason

Just to let you know, I solved the hot seat problem. I've got tired of waiting between AI turns so went back at solving hot seat problem.

I unchecked (removed #) from relevant lines in thera config file and set them as they should be for hot seat setting.

Now off to play AI free game against worthy and keen opponent: myself.

Good stuff, if you post the changes you made, I will make the same amendments for release of the next patch

I think this is it. I hope.
    ## run game in windowed mode
    ## windowed = true
    ## disable movies
    movies = false

[features]
    ## enable battle editor
    editor = true
    ## relative mod path
    mod = mods/thera

[misc]
    ## display date and season on campaign hud
    show_hud_date = true

[game]
    ## allow an unlimited number of men on the battlefield for campaign battles
    unlimited_men_on_battlefield = true
    ## disable_arrow_markers
    ## disable_arrow_markers = true

sub_faction_accents = true

[multiplayer]
    ## comment/uncomment following line to disable/enable hotseat campaign
    playable = true
    ## faction mask for setting default starting factions in hotseat campaign
    factions = 1 # = england, 2 = france, 4 = hre, 3 = england+france, etc

[hotseat]
    scroll = false
    ## disable forced separate human faction turns (including diplomacy) in hotseat campaign
    turns = false
    disable_console = false
    ## specify password for administrator access to the dev console when console disabled. Change 'password' to a suitable password
    # admin_password = password
    update_ai_camera = true
    ## enable voting in papal elections in hotseat campaign (only first valid human faction votes)
    disable_papal_elections = false
    validate_diplomacy = false
    save_prefs = true
    autosave = true
    save_config = true
    close_after_save = false
    gamename = hotseat_gamename
    ## ensure game data files used in previous save match current campaign data files.
    validate_data = true

[misc]
    ## specify the name of the save game to automatically load when Medieval II is launched
    # bypass_to_strategy_save = game_name.sav

edit: note that I have disabled movies and password, I don't know if you want them enabled or disabled.
    And you have no hotseat issues now, it all works ok ?

It all works perfectly.
    Excellent I shall implement it into the next patch then, +rep for your help.
    I only ever use hotseat for testing, so had never noticed the issue.

cheers fella

I shall merge posts now issue is resolved
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; April 02, 2009 at 12:00 PM. Reason: issue resolved, fix on next patch

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

-Aquila-'s Avatar Campidoctor

are people still interested in a hotseat, cos I will be willing to take part/host.
    Last edited by -Aquila-; April 09, 2009 at 06:53 AM.

YATS - Quintus Licinius Cato [31], Plebeian Senator

Foederatus

I choose two factions to play with and I realise that the battles of one of them are autoresolved! Why?

it is set in the start campagin options, you decide which settings when you start the campagin

Foederatus

I found the problem. I erased the # before the "disable forced separate human faction turns (including diplomacy) in hotseat campaign
    turns = false" line.
    But...
    I faced the problem that Aru faced too. I did everything that he mensioned in his post but nothing happened. The problen remains.
    Last edited by Elpinor; August 03, 2009 at 11:05 AM.

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Default How about a multiplayer Tourney????

I would be willing to organize a tournament. The plan would be that everyone uses Hamachi and then, once we're all assembled, we go into Thera and play. I'll organize an elimination format, halving the number of combatants until only one remains. Each faction would need at least one player to keep things interesting. Feel free to nominate a faction you would like to be, but please specify your top three as I may have to shuffle some people around. All battle replays will be saved here and then anyone can watch them.
    So what do you think? If you want to enter please place your name and your top 3 factions. Once we have enough players we will organize a time. There may be some house rules to avoid unsporting armies.
    The winner will recieve the following prize:
    Please note that I don't have permission from anyone to hold this tournament.
    BTW we will have a vote on wether or not the Romulii downgrade will be used.

EDIT: Actually it would probably be fairer on those with slower computers if the downgrade was used. Caki, some may appreciate it if you made an upgrade patch for them, so those that want to resume using the high end Romulii can
    EDIT2: Also the battles would provide good footage for a future start movie and possibly a youtube promo
    Last edited by Julianus Flavius; August 20, 2009 at 01:36 AM.
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Default Re: How about a multiplayer Tourney????

Ok, just so everyone knows, here's my brother's top three factions:
    The Lao Chi Khanate
    The men of Valhalla
    The Dracule

and mine:
    The Romulii Empire
    The Riech
    The Privateers

Jan_Boruta
    The Reich
    ?
    ?
    Last edited by Julianus Flavius; August 22, 2009 at 06:07 PM.
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"

i am afraid i will have to sit this one out

for some reason my internet dose not like to play m2tw online. i have no problem with RTW, but when ever i play m2tw online (that is if i can even join a game) it lags like crazy and makes it very unenjoyably
    Last edited by Templar Knight; August 22, 2009 at 02:41 PM.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

I could try, but I'm afraid my M2TW would also get crazy when trying to play via internet. But nonetheless, I would really like to check if my 'pike and shote' tactica for the Faustian Reich/Valiente works against human player

I'd love to join, if only I had the time, so I'm afraid I too will have to sit out. Which makes me feel awful not supporting this fine use of the mod.

Please be aware this tourney won't be played in one go, probably more likely that designated opponents would organize amongst themselves when they play.

GrumpyBean's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Thera Hotseat

Thera, Legacy of The Great Torment
    NO SUB MODS
    TURN 1: The Vashta Sultanate's Turn

Administrator- GrumpyBean

General Rules -No Jihad/crusades until turn 10
    -No attacking ships inside of port
    -No merchant stacking
    -No Cheating

Special Rules -Battles are to be auto-resolved against human players only. Fighting the AI nations via battle map is ok. Also a screen shot is to be shown of the battle results against human players.

Factions The Faustian Reich-IrishMADNESS
    The AztecsAemilianos Dekanos
    Warriors of Kukulcan- AgentSmith
    Ducado de Sungre Valiente-
    crazyguy1916
    The Romuli Empire-The Guy With No Imagination
    The Lao Che Khanate-Kaizer Merlox (AI)
    The Vashta Sultanate-decimator22
    The Uruk Dominion-GrumpyBean
    Men of Vallhalla:- CeltiberoMencey
    Kingdom of Avalon: DuckVonDuck

CFG FILE
    Code:
    [hotseat]
    scroll = true
    # turns = true
    disable_console = true
    # update_ai_camera = true
    disable_papal_elections = true
    validate_diplomacy = true
    save_prefs = true
    autosave = true
    save_config = true
    # close_after_save = true
    # gamename = hotseat_Thera Legacy of the Great Torment
    validate_data = true
    passwords = true
    Back-up Players -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

Instructions -To post your save, download one of the WIN programs, preferably WINrar because it's free. Here is the download. After you download the program go into the directory below (highlighted in blue) and right click your previously saved game. In the drop-down menu click on: Add To "your saved game name". A few seconds will pass and your saved game will be "packaged". On the forum click on ADD REPLY, scroll down until you reach the Manage Attachments button, click it. Then upload your saved game by pressing one of the browse.. buttons and select your saved game, then click upload on the bottom corner of the page. Close the window and click on submit reply and viola, you have just completed your turn.

-To install the save another has posted, click on the attachment file, then click save, save it to this path: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\thera\saves Then run your game as normal(Make sure you unpack it first!) and click on load in the single player menu and it should be there.

RULES -All discussions on planning and alliances shall be done in game(this is done by clicking on the faction icon in the diplomacy window and typing your message for those of you who didn't know). NEVER announce what you're going to do on the forums unless you want to have people knowing what your up to. There is also a waiting period of 72 hours(3 days) to complete your turn.
    -Pictures, Replays, and self-made videos are always welcome to give the people who don't get to play, a good show to watch. OR just for rubbing a defeat in someones face
    NO CHEATING TOLERANCE Also any cheating will NOT be tolerated. I will be checking every 2 turns to make sure nobody is doing so. If someone is caught cheating they will be immediately terminated from the game and the faction will be given either to another player or set to AI after a given deadline. This is supposed to be fun and enjoyable for everyone and something to spend your spare time on, DON'T RUIN IT!

How to take screen-shots or replays from a campaign battle -Some of you might want to post some pictures or replays, I don't know, but in case you do here is what you need to do:
    First, obviously play the battle (Duh)
    Then, when you are at the stat screen where it shows the casualties, kills, etc.., open the console by pressing the ` button (right below the esc key on your keyboard).
    Finally, when the console has opened, type the following command: save_battle_replay "name of replay" then hit enter. The replay will then be saved. It takes a little bit, like a few seconds for it to unfreeze...BE PATIENT! When all is said and done do not go to the thera\replays, but instead go to the MAIN medieval folder and dive into replays there. You'll see your replay file sitting there all lonely. Then do whatever you want with it!

Last edited by GrumpyBean; March 04, 2010 at 04:32 PM.

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast