Thread: I need an easy strategy

Default I need an easy strategy

gonna make it short:

I've only played 3 or so games

I play against 2 people who have never played before also

There's one guy I play against who has never played online (he can't be that good) and I need a strategy to beat him... I've played other RTS's and I assign different groups to numbers I just dont know what works in this game

post semi-easy yet effective strategies plz

Default Re: I need an easy strategy

Play low money like 15k and cwb rules. Take a cheap unit, don't upgrade it much, and put it at the front on the army as arrow fodder. Take about 5 archers. Use a faction that has Cataphracts, since catas are very powerful. Hold down alt when fighting with cavalry. Preferably the Seleucids, so take legionaries and/or pikemen. At low money, you should only upgrade attack and defense.
    "The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise." Tacitus on Health & Safety
    "Abuse, if you slight it, will gradually die away; but if you show yourself irritated, you will be thought to have deserved it." Tacitus on trolling

no no we play with no rules as of right now but i will document that for later

Seleucids. Elephants. Onagers. Legions. Catas. Fully upgrade.
    "The desire for safety stands against every great and noble enterprise." Tacitus on Health & Safety
    "Abuse, if you slight it, will gradually die away; but if you show yourself irritated, you will be thought to have deserved it." Tacitus on trolling

{GrailKnight}'s Avatar Senator

Try to play with rules, that will help you learn combined-force tactics, instead of playing senseless "no rules" battles, which i assume is 100k or more money level. Playing with rules will help you become a much better player and your skills will progress quickly, it is far more balanced and more fun than "no rules" and it prevents spamming and play money below 30k.

Centenarius

play 15k and steal the armies stickied at the top of the page. Even as a newbie, they will probably own whatever armies other newbies choose.

Remember to use ALT attack with your cavalry. Especially cataphracts, or you will lose. which is a shame since cataphracts are incredibly strong units when alt attacking.

whats alt attacking do

Hakomar's Avatar Ordinarius

It uses their secondary attack which is a mace, which pierces armour. The lance does not.
    Rest in peace, Calvin.
    (28th April, 1975 - 28th October, 2009)

If its over 25,000 go Rome,
    If its no rules take 3 heavy onagers and attack his onagers first
    take about 6 praetos , rest urban cohorts + upgrade as much as poss

Only probs you will have will be if he takes elephants if you suspect that will happen then take exploding pigs and if he charges with elephants charge them with the pigs