Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arsenal of Democracy - New HoI2 engine game

yxc qwert!'s Avatar Centenarius

Default Arsenal of Democracy - New HoI2 engine game

ARSENAL OF DEMOCRACY - A “Hearts of Iron” Game
    The ultimate World War II simulation arriving this December

NEW YORK – September 8, 2009 – Paradox Interactive are excited to unveil a brand new Hearts of Iron game entitled Arsenal of Democracy, set to release on PC in December.

Developed by BL-Logic, a development studio made up by fans of the Hearts of Iron series and active member of the modding community, Arsenal of Democracy is the ultimate World War II simulation and is described by Project Leader Lennart Berg as “Hearts of Iron II on steroids!”

Describing the idea and process behind the creation of Arsenal of Democracy, Berg goes on to say, “During the years of the Hearts of iron II lifecycle, I made a list of improvements in the forums and these became the guidelines to the new game. So we went ahead and implemented these along with many more ideas until we had pretty much replaced and enhanced everything from the original. The end result, in our very humble opinion, is the ultimate World War II simulation.”

KEY FEATURES
    * Increased resolution and windowed mode freely selectable
    * Totally reworked combat mechanics, new missions and realistic combat behavior and losses
    * Several new technologies
    * New espionage interface and reworked espionage system
    * One of the most detailed economy and production system found in any Hearts of Iron game
    * Realistic logistics system
    * Everything is moddable
    * AI reworked and now poses a genuine threat, even to experienced players
    * 4 new battle scenarios

Default Re: Arsenal of Democracy - New HoI2 engine game

There is a thread already on the first page.

yxc qwert!'s Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Battletoads View Post
    There is a thread already on the first page.
    omg sorry im a noob

Heinz Guderian's Avatar *takes off trousers

cant wait for this bastard to come out

Town Watch's Avatar Domesticus

same here, any news on when this is getting published, as it is already Q4, next year or still in 2009?
    "What do I feel when I kill my enemy?"
    -Recoil-

Wikipedia says it will be released 17th of december but on another website it says 12th of november.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenal...cy_(video_game)

Forum:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...play.php?f=462

Theres an AAR going on in the paradox forums.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...=447424&page=5

USSR

It has been delayed to Q1 2010.

They didnt want another HOI 3 i guess.

Its a good thing, I don't want this to be the same debaccle as HoI3 was. Is HoI3 in a playable state yet?
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

i hear its better but it aint no Brad Pitt. Its no Britney Murphy either, more of Daniel Day-Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    i hear its better but it aint no Brad Pitt. Its no Britney Murphy either, more of Daniel Day-Lewis.
    I refuse to play a Daniel Day-Lewis. Now if it was a michael jackson, then i'd have something to play with...
    Hammer & Sickle - Karacharovo

And I drank it strait down.

So has anyone bought this yet?

I played it , it still feels like old hoi2 but with more options. The tech tree isnt hugely expanded which I thought it was going to be.

Pious Agnost's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by yxc qwert! View Post
    * One of the most detailed economy and production system found in any Hearts of Iron game
    I don't think it really warrants a 'One of the' if there are only 3 others

Anyone else got this yet? What are your impressions?

If you play HOI 2 regularly then get this. Its better then hoi3 for sure.

The Ai seems alot better. In my germany game, the UK defended the home islands till about 1943 after repeated assualts. Submarine warfare actually works now (I was destroying their convoys and italy destroyed the out of supply units in north Africa). SU invaded me in 1940 (due to -200 relations) and that really got me off guard but now in 1943 I am slowly getting soviet land.

The new brigades arnt that great but now AT works quite well as armoured units have became more powerful. Naval units come back to base every now and then to rearm and fuel up. AI uses its airforce a lot more effectively.

Your strategy has to change though. Its more about the quality of the units (no experience in standing army now) then the quantity due to hefty stacking penalty's.

Thank you Battletoads. Have you ever played the C.O.R.E mod? If so, would you say it is better all round than that?

Also, what are the significant changes to the game apart from an improved AI?

Quote Originally Posted by Battletoads View Post

Your strategy has to change though. Its more about the quality of the units (no experience in standing army now) then the quantity due to hefty stacking penalty's.
    Could you explain this more? I'll rep you again after i have spent some rep writing "f@g" in an endless line on Augustus Lucifer's and Rome kb8's rep page.

Pious Agnost's Avatar Praefectus

Thank you Battletoads. Have you ever played the C.O.R.E mod? If so, would you say it is better all round than that?
    File structure hasn't been changed, you could apply C.O.R.E (If it is for Arma 1.3) directly to Arsenal of Democracy. Don't expect the smoothest transition though.

Also, what are the significant changes to the game apart from an improved AI?
    Could you explain this more? I'll rep you again after i have spent some rep writing "f@g" in an endless line on Augustus Lucifer's and Rome kb8's rep page.
    I havent tried core but I have played world in flames and can say this is much better.
    It has quite alot of small detail and some features which I wouldn't want to lose.

CAS can now have ESC and you're now able to target specific provinces such as berlin or london instead of the regions. You are also able to build oil factorys which change energy to oil (not the abstract way it was before). Strategic redeployment now keeps the leader with the unit. Money has a huge effect on the game now as it funds military salaries,nuclear production and research etc. We have a maximum of 10 tech teams now so its possible as a large country to expand into everything.

Strategy changes because of the stacking penalty's and supply problems. All units have a supply stockpile which at the start of battle goes down with bigger penalty's over time so you have to careful not to invade to quickly or you might not be able to keep up with your supply's.
    Smaller armies seem to be more effective as they do not get more stacking penaltys (I think its 9 that makes it worse off). The way to counter this is by making your units brigaded and making sure they are experienced.

I think the paradox forums would give you a better view of the game. My final view is that hoi2 is revamped and it would be hard to go back.
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...play.php?f=462

Thank you BT. I'm gonna buy this badboy.

Rep for everyone in this thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast