Thread: just a suggestion

Default just a suggestion

erm, this mod is great. i like it. but can chinese unit and japanese unit refer to All under heaven mod unit?
    this is the link of the chinese unit http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=290120. just a suggestion. i not asking it. thank you.

Default Re: just a suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by kkchen88 View Post
    erm, this mod is great. i like it. but can chinese unit and japanese unit refer to All under heaven mod unit?
    this is the link of the chinese unit http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=290120. just a suggestion. i not asking it. thank you.
    I am not sure because Ming dynasty look different to Sung, Sung units were heavier in terms of armour due to the lack of cav the sung employed.

Also, japanese during Conquest should also used breast plates, while in AUH this shouldnt exist. But the changes of the japanese armour wasnt as much compare to China.

The things we can use is Oriental buildings, and Chinese and Japanese Captains and Generals.
    Last edited by History; October 30, 2009 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by History View Post
    I am not sure because Ming dynasty look difference to Sung, Sung units were heavier in terms of armour due to the lack of cav the sung employed.

Also, japanese during Conquest should also used breast plates, while in AUH this shouldnt exist. But the changes of the japanese armour wasnt as much compare to China.

The things we can use is Oriental buildings, and Chinese and Japanese Captains and Generals.
    you should say is Ming dynasty armour is not so heaver because firearm have been intro(gun). this reason i saw from china site(mod total war). but dont u think that Song amour is beauty? anyway that is just a suggestion. , and Japanese samurai should not cover the face.(mask) haha.
    erm, maybe can refer this http://www.chinahistoryforum.com/ind...howtopic=27652, the last of the picture present the early and late ming and qing dynasty unit amour. hope Eras total war can make ming unit to early ming unit(which is more look like song dynasty)

you should say is Ming dynasty armour is not so heaver because firearm have been intro(gun). this reason i saw from china site(mod total war). but dont u think that Song amour is beauty? anyway that is just a suggestion. , and Japanese samurai should not cover the face.(mask) haha.
    erm, maybe can refer this http://www.chinahistoryforum.com/ind...howtopic=27652, the last of the picture present the early and late ming and qing dynasty unit amour. hope Eras total war can make ming unit to early ming unit(which is more look like song dynasty)
    not necessarily because there are various reasons why the armour got lighter. You got to know that China's enermies hardly employ firearms, secondly, ming have adequate cav to counter their opponant's cav. Mobility became more of an issue in terms of tactics because this were placed more importantly compare to the sung era.

I have posted the above link to Uanime before, I am assuming he is doing late ming.

not necessarily because there are various reasons why the armour got lighter. You got to know that China's enermies hardly employ firearms, secondly, ming have adequate cav to counter their opponant's cav. Mobility became more of an issue in terms of tactics because this were placed more importantly compare to the sung era.

I have posted the above link to Uanime before, I am assuming he is doing late ming.

ok , thank for info

ok , thank for info
    You are more than welcome

I personally think the armour at 1540s should look more like early ming (tho is not early ming then) and then gradually change to late ming style (as present) in the campaign. Just a thought.

BUt the Captains and Generals should be changed.

I personally think the armour at 1540s should look more like early ming (tho is not early ming then) and then gradually change to late ming style (as present) in the campaign. Just a thought.

Agree, do u know how to hire demon or angel unit? i saw these unit in custom battle. but i dont know how they apear in campaign

I am not sure because Ming dynasty look different to Sung, Sung units were heavier in terms of armour due to the lack of cav the sung employed.

Agreed the enemy and combat style have a great effect on the armour worn. The Song used mostly infantry, and fought against the Jin who had conquered the northern part of the Song dynasty and were trying to conquer the southern Song dynasty. By constrast the Ming used a lot of cavalry and mainly fought against Mongolian horse archers and Japanese pirates. As the Ming did not fight against an opponent that was heavily armoured and they relied less on infantry their soldiers did not need to be heavily armoured.

Did the Japanese use European breast plate or did they make their own breast plate?

Unfortunately the Ming Dynasty mod only contained the units in Conquest so trying to gradually change the armour style will be difficult.If I have a unit that wears early Ming armour please left me know.

Do you have any recommendations for how the captains and generals should look?

Agree, do u know how to hire demon or angel unit? i saw these unit in custom battle. but i dont know how they apear in campaign
    These are fantasy units from my 4 Seasons mod that someone requested that I add (I didn't make them they're from a Chinese mod). They can't be recruited because they're historically inaccurate.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

i think captain, general. merchant should follow All Under Heaven.agree History member suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    Agreed the enemy and combat style have a great effect on the armour worn. The Song used mostly infantry, and fought against the Jin who had conquered the northern part of the Song dynasty and were trying to conquer the southern Song dynasty. By constrast the Ming used a lot of cavalry and mainly fought against Mongolian horse archers and Japanese pirates. As the Ming did not fight against an opponent that was heavily armoured and they relied less on infantry their soldiers did not need to be heavily armoured.

Did the Japanese use European breast plate or did they make their own breast plate?

Unfortunately the Ming Dynasty mod only contained the units in Conquest so trying to gradually change the armour style will be difficult.If I have a unit that wears early Ming armour please left me know.

Do you have any recommendations for how the captains and generals should look?

These are fantasy units from my 4 Seasons mod that someone requested that I add (I didn't make them they're from a Chinese mod). They can't be recruited because they're historically inaccurate.
    It was also Ming had a good cavarly force to counter other cav, so the infantry dont have to take the impact of a charge from horsemens. speed and mobility have always been placed as a greater importance than heavy armoured units in the far east compare to the west. i.e the Mongols, Chinese etc...

I have a few picture of japanese breast plate, tho they were said most are of poor quality made from poor iron during the Imjin war.

The generals should look like the statue of Yuan Chonghong, their helmets are more elaborate, this is commonly shown in Chinese, jaapnese sources of what the chinese generals and soldeirs look like. the japanese prints in the imjin war show chinese soldiers wore armour like this (in the picture of mingarmour).

The generals should have a red cloak, instead of blue in AUH. But the AUH Chinese General is very similar to ming, except is should be red cloak, with yellow and red at other parts of the body, as seen in the picture attached.
    Last edited by History; November 01, 2009 at 11:35 AM.

Also, Zhan ma dao should be a lot bigger in the game, the pictures below are the real version.

Also, Zhan ma dao should be a lot bigger in the game, the pictures below are the real version.

yea.should be longer. is a two hand long sword, but dont u think Jap unit in era total war should not wear mask? Jap unit should make as simple. is too many flag. and cant see face. all i saw is flag fighting
    Last edited by kkchen88; November 01, 2009 at 09:36 PM.

The generals should look like the statue of Yuan Chonghong, their helmets are more elaborate, this is commonly shown in Chinese, jaapnese sources of what the chinese generals and soldeirs look like. the japanese prints in the imjin war show chinese soldiers wore armour like this (in the picture of mingarmour).

The generals should have a red cloak, instead of blue in AUH. But the AUH Chinese General is very similar to ming, except is should be red cloak, with yellow and red at other parts of the body, as seen in the picture attached.
    I'll try to make / find a similar unit to this. I doubt AUH will let me use their units before they release their mod.

I didn't realise it was so big. In the 1.5.2 patch I've made it longer.

yea.should be longer. is a two hand long sword, but dont u think Jap unit in era total war should not wear mask? Jap unit should make as simple. is too many flag. and cant see face. all i saw is flag fighting
    This is apparently what the Japanese wore in battle. I think they tried to tell their soldiers apart by the flags on their back, rather than their armour.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    I'll try to make / find a similar unit to this. I doubt AUH will let me use their units before they release their mod.

I didn't realise it was so big. In the 1.5.2 patch I've made it longer.

This is apparently what the Japanese wore in battle. I think they tried to tell their soldiers apart by the flags on their back, rather than their armour.
    I cannot log onto the chinese webpage of the song dynasty mod. I was thinking about whether we can get one of the guys to lend us some of their units and things. I have seen some chinese modding, they are experts on this!
    Last edited by History; November 09, 2009 at 11:27 AM.

I cannot log onto the chinese webpage of the song dynasty mod. I was thinking about whether we can get one of the guys to lend us some of their units and things. I have seen some chinese modding, they are experts on this!

do u mean Clanlong site? i also cant log into it. haha. dont know why. hope they release it soon. and chinese mod team of work together with TW forum mod maker=should be awesome

Their server has been down for a while, it's more likely to recover in middle of Dec or after new year

Quote Originally Posted by Deevil's Whisper View Post
    Their server has been down for a while, it's more likely to recover in middle of Dec or after new year

thank for info