Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bandits and Raiding Parties...

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

Icon10 Re: Bandits and Raiding Parties...

Quote Originally Posted by Shocked View Post
    Hahaha you both make some good points. But this is a game, and I hate wasting time on pointless battles I only like battles if I achieve something out of them, like weakening a main faction by destroying an army and leaving their cities open for attack
    That is the point of this idea. You don't have to attack the bandits, but if you let them remain than in the long term you will suffer. And so half stack battles are saved fo these bandits whilst the achievement battles are for direct. large scale battles against the opposing faction.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Default Re: Bandits and Raiding Parties...

I'm against this idea. Playing as Dale, AI already flooding my lands with 3-5 unit stacks. This is very annoying chasing them through the map esp when there are no rivers where you can hold them
    I'd be tired of fighting them and have to use autoresolve, thus-wasting my soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
    I'm against this idea. Playing as Dale, AI already flooding my lands with 3-5 unit stacks. This is very annoying chasing them through the map esp when there are no rivers where you can hold them
    I'd be tired of fighting them and have to use autoresolve, thus-wasting my soldiers
    Yeah, but replacing the spam stacks with bandits instead...

If timing is a issue can you set scripts so they happen every 5 or 7 turns? I think that would be a good compromise and it would give you enough time to replenish your forces in that region. However the other side is right as this would generate lots of minor battles however if you could make it so they actually attack a specific target then all wouldn't be lost like your cities. Also this would make a interesting sub mod.

Icon10 Re: Bandits and Raiding Parties...

The problem is I don't have time to learn how to script because I am working on the www.THIRDAGETOTALWAR.com webstie!!! - check out the progress:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

So is anyone else willing to have a go with this, or maybe the Mod Team would like it...

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Frayling View Post
    Yeah, but replacing the spam stacks with bandits instead...
    But to actually replace them, you would (besides adding the new bandidts with their special scripts) also have to change the campaign map AI so that it doesn't attack with small stacks any more, wouldn't you? If you don't they are not replaced, but additional annoying small troops are added to the still annoying old small stacks. And I just remind you how many people (experienced people, modders as well as professional üprogrammers) already tried to improve the AI and failed or achieved not very much...

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes Trismegistos View Post
    But to actually replace them, you would (besides adding the new bandidts with their special scripts) also have to change the campaign map AI so that it doesn't attack with small stacks any more, wouldn't you? If you don't they are not replaced, but additional annoying small troops are added to the still annoying old small stacks. And I just remind you how many people (experienced people, modders as well as professional üprogrammers) already tried to improve the AI and failed or achieved not very much...
    But this script is basically to limit the amount of small stacks allowed. I'm sure its possible to put a low probability that the AI will make small stacks.

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

I don't think any of leading mod developers would want to sacrifice scripts spawning armies for rebel spawning. But I do think randomly creating small rebel armies on settlement capture and culture isn't "favourable" sounds pretty fair, also some rebels spawning in mountain passages/when factions are at war etc. seem ok. Although I'm not entirely convinced this wouldn't be annoying.

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

Icon11 Re: Bandits and Raiding Parties...

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5 View Post
    I don't think any of leading mod developers would want to sacrifice scripts spawning armies for rebel spawning. But I do think randomly creating small rebel armies on settlement capture and culture isn't "favourable" sounds pretty fair, also some rebels spawning in mountain passages/when factions are at war etc. seem ok. Although I'm not entirely convinced this wouldn't be annoying.

Regards
    Thanks for coming the thread and offering your useful opinion mate!

The only way to be sure that it would or wouldn't annoy someone more would be to try it out, yet I have neither the skills nor the time to do this.

I love this! Wait so if your an evil faction, are the bandit armies allied to you?

Groovy

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Reapir View Post
    I love this! Wait so if your an evil faction, are the bandit armies allied to you?
    Nope. I don't know if you can make them allied to you but I think it would be getting a bit complicated anyway.

desean's Avatar Semisalis

i like the ideia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12