Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I have 1 man unit?

Default Can I have 1 man unit?

I know this is a little stupid . I just want to see a fight to the death. I want to put the stats of a unit very high and watch the fighting to the death. Can I make a unit with one man?
    New pics on 24/4/2007

Indefinitely Banned

Nope, the lowest you can make it is either 6 or 3, check the hardcode limits thread that is pinned in this forum.

Thanks
    New pics on 24/4/2007

It'd be cool to take a whole bunch of 3 man units, group them togther and have them attack an identical group-of-3-man-units. It'd look a lot more realistic than having each "brick" of men just colide and slowly hack each others front row. The groups would sort of splice into each other like a royale rumble until one army wins.

I think bestantreas meant to create hero units. You can always make a really good general (MTW style!) and give him a small bodyguard... and play on really small settings! heh.

No its hard code and if put on small 3

Quote Originally Posted by -Hamburglar-
    It'd be cool to take a whole bunch of 3 man units, group them togther and have them attack an identical group-of-3-man-units. It'd look a lot more realistic than having each "brick" of men just colide and slowly hack each others front row. The groups would sort of splice into each other like a royale rumble until one army wins.
    Yup that would be cool is this possible?

Thanks guys
    New pics on 24/4/2007

I'm not sure about creating 1-man units, but I've had units cut down to 1 man before, so it is possible to have them ingame. On Huge unit size, at that.

Its the creation that is hardcoded!

Indefinitely Banned

Yes, the game isnt gonna CTD becuase you have 1 man in your unit due to the rest being killed

Itts only the recruitment of 1 man units that cause a CTD and thats hardcoded so we are not legally allowed to touch it!

Indefinitely Banned

I wasnt rolling eyes at you, it was at the other guy. :wink:

Oh, I know I was just explaining the problem and why it hasnt been fixed!

It stinks that you cant get rid of it...bloody legal system!!

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

lol, its not the legal system, its more the fact we lack the power to change it without really screwing around with the game. hardcoded it be.

I find it!!!!!! In the battle editor I just put 1 unit size!!! I will try it right now!!!
    New pics on 24/4/2007

Quote Originally Posted by bestantreas
    I find it!!!!!! In the battle editor I just put 1 unit size!!! I will try it right now!!!
    Tell us if it works or not!

I think that may work, its just you cant do capaigns or custom battles with it, its simply built in to stop small pointless battles. If it displayed a sanity report about the unit size it is likely to CTD.

I've just started playing around with this. While you can create 1 man units in the battle editor or by directly editing a custom battle descr_battle.txt file, when you come to actually play the game the units are plumped up with extra men. I haven't done extensive testing yet, but I suspect that the minimum size unit that the game will actually put on the ground for you is about 1/3 of the regular size of the unit.

Thus if you define a 1 man hastati unit in a custom battle, the unit will be increased to 13 men (ie 1/3 of 40 - the regular size of a hastati unit); a 1 man equite unit will be increased to 9 (I think) because the regular size is 27 men.

If anyone knows how to turn this feature off, I will be mightily pleased to know it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast