View Poll Results: Should SonofAlexander become a citizen?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

0 0%

Thread: [PASSED] [Citizen] SonofAlexander (Patron=Carl von döbeln) 5th Nov. 2009

Civitate

Default [PASSED] [Citizen] SonofAlexander (Patron=Carl von döbeln) 5th Nov. 2009

Client: SonofAlexander
    Client: SonofAlexander
    Being a citizen would allow me to post and vote in the CVRIA and SYPOSIVM (if that's wrong there was a BIG hole in my research ). I'd love that ability to help improve the site. I could also help newer users to get started, publishing their AARs, writing stories etc. It'd be great to make more competitions/publciations for the users of TWC, and being a citizen would defineltey help me do so .

Besides my posts and comments around the site (which I sincerely hope have been useful and constructive ), here are my main contributions to TWC:

1. My RS/RTW/BI AAR, The Epic of Caelvs Morsvs Lvminivs - ‘Rí Inse Ghall’
    Status: Tied for 3rd place in the last two MAARCs. MAARC XIII - Won the tie breaker. MAARC XIV - Lost out to Antiochos' story, Ultimus Romanorum. The fact that I have managed to get into the top 3 of the MAARC over the last few months shows that many like it. Seeing as it has been going constantly since January 09, it's one of if not the longest running RTW AAR on TWC. The perseverance with which I write could easily be transferred to helping out in the CVRIA and SVMPOSIVM.

2. My contributions (since the 2nd issue) to the Critic's Quill, the AAR publication that is part of the Eagle Standard.
    Here is a few of my more celebrated articles:

The Evolution of AARs
    An interview with AARtist ReD_OcToBeR
    Review: Ave, Caesar, Imperator!
    Status: Leading up to the release of the 13th issue, to celebrate half a year of the CQ, I decided to write 2 articles, 4 reivews and to do an interview, which the Editor accepted. My persistence has showed again in that I am the longest running contributor to the CQ (save Juvenal and the Editor of course).

3. My picture threads. When I first joined TWC, I cut my notch in the community (basically getting my first bits of rep+ ) by posting pictures from RTW Vanilla and BI on the RTW sub-fora (look at the quote from Legio Caesar on my sig ). In fact, I recently posted many RS pictures on the screenshot thread in that sub-fora, showing that I can still entertain people that way .

My 1st (Pic) thread
    A middle-aged one
    My latest
    Status: I have released no more picture threads since, but I have been taking plenty in preparation for a second AAR.

4. I have entered TOTW since TOTW 33. Here's one of my favourite TOTWs (and not just because I nearly won it! ) (submission 4).
    Status: I'm still contributing to TOTW most weeks, and voting every week. I have frequently encouraged people to visit TOTW, and occasionally PM all my friends to say so to them.

5. *This is only a small thing* - For the past few weeks I have been trying to help out the makers and modders of RSII, the successor mod to Roma Surrectum 1.5, especially in the area of writing unit descriptions. I am still working on a few and improving those I have already submitted. In the near future I may be looking at helping out with ideas and development as well, although I am no code writer.

Patron: Carl von Dobeln

Patron: Carl Von Dobeln Greetings once again members of the CdeC.

I wish to patronise the member SonofAlexander to the rank of citizen. SoA is one of the best AAR writers around and is also one of the best writers of the Critic's Quill team, the After action report publication that is part of the Eagle Standard. He is a good guy with a healthy attitude and i belive he deserves the rank.

Sincerely, CvD.

Default Re: [Citizen] SonofAlexander (Patron=Carl von döbeln)

Seems to be an active and highly contributing member, doesn't seem to be anything wrong with this one.

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by the Black Prince View Post
    Seems to be an active and highly contributing member, doesn't seem to be anything wrong with this one.
    agreed
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Ah! He'll be a yes from me, without a doubt. Been watching this feller for a few months. Glad CvD snagged him.
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

This will be yes from me also.
    The House of Wilpuri ~ Proud Patron of: The Noble Lord & Sumskilz

Tankbuster's Avatar Analogy Nazi

Yeah, same here. Good, active member. He'll undoubtedly continue with further achievements.
    The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath
    --- Mark 2:27

Atheism is simply a way of clearing the space for better conservations.
    --- Sam Harris

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Seems to be another easy one here.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

I like easy choices that don't tax my over-burdened brain.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

He has contributed a lot so this indeed an easy choice. I'll be voting yes.
    Curious Curialist curing the Curia of all things Curial.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

This is a good example of the fact that you can pass on merits that don't fall within either debating or modding. Participating in forum competitions or writing for a site publication aren't inherently contributions warranting Citizenship, but when they are consistent and quality they are. SonofAlexander seems to have that in spades. As a side note, I don't really see the picture threads as worth mentioning, but the rest of it is good.

Civitate

Default Re: [Citizen] SonofAlexander (Patron=Carl von döbeln) 5th Nov. 2009

Passed.
    100% Yes.