Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Retrofit v2.0 Released!

Default Re: Ultimate Retrofit v1.0

Balmung,
    Sure thing, post whatever changes you want, I'm happy for you to do that.

Ihygin,
    I am currently working on two custom campaigns which will allow you to start in 1100 a.d and be able to play as Antioch and Jerusalem, also in 1232 a.d and be able to play as Mongol Empire or Teutonic Order.
    It's taking up a lot of time though, making sure it's fairly accurate and currently trying to fix an error where every time a campaign battle tries to load the mod ctd's. Didn't happen until yesterday! What a pain in the bee hive. It's nearly finished.
    I'll be requesting some permissions first though as I've pinched a campaign map from another mod.
    "A dark age indeed, no plumbing! No electricity! No nothing! Oh, hang it all." Merlin.

Balmung's Avatar Civis

Cheers I'll probaly finish it soon.

Also maybe if you get time add some unique units to ireland and scotland.

But I have remembered this is'nt a celto-centric mod I just love the countries so much

Creator of
    The first mod to add Wales to the Grand Campaign
    Gaelic Kingdoms (Adds Wales and Ireland to Vanilla GC)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=148936
    and
    Ireland Grand Campaign v.1.1 (BigMap)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=147452

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

Jerusalem and Antioch need to be removed or rebalanced and given additional units that can be accessed by normal European factions because both have only outdated units and units with lower stats, as well as numbers because it is taken directly from the crusades campaign.....specifically Templar Seargents. Without this both states are severely disadvantaged as the game progresses.

The mod description tells you that it only contains added kingdoms factions and units. If you don't like them feel free to adjust them in your version. I'm more than happy with it thanks.
    "A dark age indeed, no plumbing! No electricity! No nothing! Oh, hang it all." Merlin.

I didn't realize that those two factions are not in the campaign so there really is no need to change it anyway. The mod is really exceptional beyond that. I didn't mean to come off as imperial. I was really making a suggestion, since i didn't make the mod.

Apologies Imperiumiv,
    Thanks for the compliments, I must remember that the mod forum is a temple of enlightenment and learning and that people aren't just having a dig!

Quote Originally Posted by colesy606 View Post
    Thanks for the compliments, I must remember that the mod forum is a temple of enlightenment and learning and that people aren't just having a dig!
    I wish i knew what you meant by that lol......

Lord de Lyonesse's Avatar Campidoctor

Nice mod, thanks for everything.
    GSTK: Richard Trevelyan [47] - Lord of Lyonesse

Don't mention it .

Default Imperiumiv

The following 3 posts are to help Imperiumiv.

Post number 1 of 3 (Data folder).
    Last edited by colesy606; April 26, 2010 at 04:08 PM.

Default Imperiumiv

Post 2 of 3 (unit_models).

part 1
    Last edited by colesy606; April 26, 2010 at 04:07 PM. Reason: It's too big. Not the first time my friends ;)

Default Imperiumiv

Post 2 of 3.

Part 2

Post 2 of 3

Part 3

Post 3 of 3 (imperial_campaign).

Let me know how it goes!

EDIT: Would it make a difference if I reinstalled retrofit 1.0 then your mod?
    EDIT: A Complete reinstall of both mods doesn't fix it.
    EDIT: I don't know where to put the battle models. I put it in unit models but there were no original files to overwrite.
    EDIT: It looks like custom battles for ALL factions cause a CTD.
    Last edited by Prince of Judah; April 26, 2010 at 05:22 PM.

Version 1.5 is stand alone and doesn't require version 1.0.
    Complete reinstall not fixing the problem is bad news but wont stop us trying to fix it.

You should have a file in the unit models folder called battle_models, there should also be a load of other folders in there too. It's crazy that you've downloaded it and you're missing a load of files you need!

Download the battle_models part 1 file. Rename it to just battle_models.
    Download the battle_models part 2 file and copy the contents using a program like notepad. Paste the contents into your downloaded battle_moddles file (the one you've renamed) at the end of all the text.
    Repeat this for part 3. They should all be in one file called battle_models, the reason they're all separate on here is because the file is too big on its own so I had to split it.
    Get that complete file into the unit_models folder and retry it.

Without that file you wouldn't be able to access many battles at all, particularly with added factions like Wales, Ireland, Norway etc.
    I'll get back to you tomorrow with a complete list of folders and sub folders you can check to see if you're missing anything else.

This is an excellent mod, and now the only one I play. Good job!

However, there are a few minor problems that I can't fix. Truro and Mecca lack ports despite being on the coast. And Egypt always, without fail, gets dogpiled by the countless Catholic factions when a Crusade is invariably called upon Cairo in the early game. I'd like to give Egypt Assouan, Damietta, and Qulzum to give them a chance of survival and increase historical accuracy. Also, I'd like to remove Ascalon, Kerak, and possibly Tripolli and Krak des Chevaliers, as the Levant is filled to the brim with regions already. Further, the presence of rebel European generals belonging to a Middle Eastern subfaction causes problems:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Help would be appreciated!

Default Re: Ultimate Retrofit v1.5

Oh Shasqua!
    Flatery will get you everything you desire.

Backup your UR v1.5 data folder before extracting this.

Extract the file in your URv1.5 main folder NOT in the data folder.

Remember to delete the map.rwm file afterwards!

Anyone else is free to use this if they like the sound of what Shasqua proposed.
    Last edited by colesy606; May 01, 2010 at 05:25 AM. Reason: forgot to mention

Hey Colesy,

There seems to be a CTD problem when trying custom battles. Have you fixed this? Stainless steel and Third Age seemed to have fixed this problem...

Thanks

hmmm,

Try replacing your descr_strat file with the one I posted above. Then delete your map.rwm file.
    Should solve the problem.

If not, let me know and I'll PM you.