Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Retrofit v2.0 Released!

Default Re: Ultimate Retrofit v1.0

iRaQi,
    Adding historical events is easy peasy! Use the following Tutorial. If you get stuck I'll be happy to help you.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=92185
    "A dark age indeed, no plumbing! No electricity! No nothing! Oh, hang it all." Merlin.

iRaQi's Avatar Tiro

I want add some events like crusade kings and Lithuania convert to catholic

‎" قال يسوع إغفر لهم يا أبي،
    لأنهم لا يعرفون ما يعملون. " (لوقا

Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."

iRaQi,
    Scripting then.
    I've dabbled but it's not as easy as it looks.
    Check out Alpacca's script-o-ramma.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=91698
    Good luck!
    "A dark age indeed, no plumbing! No electricity! No nothing! Oh, hang it all." Merlin.

iRaQi's Avatar Tiro

hi colesy606

I want to play as kingdom of Jerusalem, Antioch but i dont know how..

Domesticus
    Artifex

In this mod?
    Then open M2TW\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign (if this has only 1 campaign) and then the file called "descr_strat". I'm sure you know what to do, just move the faction you wish to play as from "unlockable" or "unlockable" to "playable" and that's it, then save the file.

Sorry for poor explanation, I've answered this for couple of times so I don't feel up to write so good post every time.

iRaQi's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Da Goofy View Post
    In this mod?
    Then open M2TW\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign (if this has only 1 campaign) and then the file called "descr_strat". I'm sure you know what to do, just move the faction you wish to play as from "unlockable" or "unlockable" to "playable" and that's it, then save the file.

Sorry for poor explanation, I've answered this for couple of times so I don't feel up to write so good post every time.
    Thank you for your help .. but these factions are emarging faction like mongols

iRaQi.
    Because it’s almost Christmas and I like you, here’s some edited files making Jerusalem and Antioch playable.
    They are bare bones but you can tinker with them as you wish!
    Don't forget to copy the original files so you can revert back if needed.

Instructions:
    descr_sm_factions goes into the retrofit/data folder.
    descr_regions goes into the retrofit/data/world/maps/base folder.
    descr_strat and descr_events go into the retrofit/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign folder.

delete the map.rwm file from the base folder.

Colesy606, hello & much respect & appreciation for your hard work & creativity!

I have browsed these forums for a few months, but until recently, never registered. Today I decided to finally register so I can start posting, & I wanted to post how impressed I have been w/ your ULT Retrofit Mod. I just D/L it, so haven't gotten deep into the game, just checking it out 1st.

If I have issues or questions would you mind & be open to assisting me w/ this MOD? Thanks in advance & Merry Christmas!
    Last edited by TMSKILZ; December 16, 2009 at 11:41 PM.

Of course TMSKILZ and welcome to twcentre!
    The modding community on here is the friendliest, most supportive and creative on-line network around! In my opinion.
    Thanks for your kind comments and Merry Christmas to you.
    You can post questions for me here, I check it at least once a day usually, or send me a message privately.
    Let me know how you get on, I am interested to hear how others get on with the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by colesy606 View Post
    Of course TMSKILZ and welcome to twcentre!
    The modding community on here is the friendliest, most supportive and creative on-line network around! In my opinion.
    Thanks for your kind comments and Merry Christmas to you.
    You can post questions for me here, I check it at least once a day usually, or send me a message privately.
    Let me know how you get on, I am interested to hear how others get on with the mod.
    Kool Colesy606, I appreciate creativity in others, it inspires me a great deal. Like in this case w/ your Mod, it has inspired me to research this forum on getting started on the basics of Modding & trying my hand on it to someday maybe create a Mod of my own.

For the time being I think I will try to use your Mod as a starting point & then w/ the permission of the other authors/modders, take parts here & there from what I like & works from their Mods & apply it to yours. Lots of work I know, but I feel up to the challenge these days, we'll see how far I get & feel down the road. LOL.

I check the forums as well as have the PM enabled in the forums. OK, so my PC bugged out on me earlier today, I was forced to D/L Retrofit 1.0 & reinstall it again, I tested it again & it was fine, I then proceeded to D/L Ult Retrofit 1.0 from the link posted here, but now I keep getting error messages during the end of the D/L stating that the "file is either corrupt or the link is broken" so I can't D/L Ult Retro 1.0 again. Any chance there's a different link? or can you check the file? This is odd it was working last night.

Thanks again.

I wont be able to test download the file until Sunday as I'm away this weekend.
    Maybe try again if you can and if it's still not working let me know.
    There shouldn't be any problem with the download file as a lot of people are using it now.
    I'll atempt an upload to 'file front' on Sunday so there should be an alternative download available soon.
    Keep me updated TMSKILZ.

Getting used to modding is a long process of trial and error but hugely rewarding in the end.
    It's also the only way to get exactly what you want out of a mod.
    Create something you really like and you'll be suprised how many other people will be interested!

If you need any help along the way don't be afraid to ask.

Thanks Colesy606, I'll definitely ask & pick your brain along the way.

Now, I attempted the D/L of Ult Retro 1.0 again, but this time instead of using the "open with" option using my Firefox Browser, I D/L it using the "save file" option & saved the entire WinRAR archive on my PC, & the D/L went through, but when I try to open the RAR file I get the same error msg as last night.....
    " The archive is either in unknown format or damaged."
    Last edited by TMSKILZ; December 18, 2009 at 03:42 PM.

Domesticus
    Artifex

If it's a torrent file then use BitTorrent (search from Google). If it's something else, either WinRAR can't unpack it or then it really is damaged. Try downloading once again.

I don't have time to recognize your problem better, sorry.

I don't think mine is working, I unzipped and put into the file and I get 13,000 errors (can't be written over) did I miss something?

An alternative from filefront is now available guys.
    Try it and let me know what happens.

A broken download was a problem for some people previously and I had to re-upload the file to get it working.
    I can't imagine that the file corrupts randomly. This is a strange one.

Let me know how you get on!
    http://www.filefront.com/15192765/Ultimate Retrofit v1.0.7z

Quote Originally Posted by colesy606 View Post
    An alternative from filefront is now available guys.
    Try it and let me know what happens.

A broken download was a problem for some people previously and I had to re-upload the file to get it working.
    I can't imagine that the file corrupts randomly. This is a strange one.

Let me know how you get on!
    http://www.filefront.com/15192765/Ultimate Retrofit v1.0.7z
    Da Go0fy thanks for your help anyway, much appreciated.

Colesy606, I tried the link & I still got the same error msg.

BTW merry Christmas everyone!

Anybody else who has a working copy of Ult retrofit can you upload & post the link for me? Would be greatly appreciated friends, thanks & God Bless!

Colesy606 where has thou gone? Been a while since you've posted. Did you get my PM from a couple wks ago?

yo!
    is there any chance to add hotseat`?
    (sorry bad english)

Good day! How to make hotsit?

Hi TMSKILZ,
    Apologies for disappearing! Been busy back at work for a couple of weeks, it can get a little hectic.
    I can't understand why you're having a problem with the download, others have downloaded the file since and aren't having a problem. Unfortunately I can't help you there but there is hope.........
    I'll upload my own version which has been modded further to include some new units for Wales and various tweaks on the weekend and I'll put the link on this board. Hopefully the file will download okay for you!
    It's so strange that it worked when you downloaded it originally and now it doesn't!

Not sure about hotseating, It's not something I've used or looked at with regards to modding.