Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Retrofit v2.0 Released!

Default Ultimate Retrofit v2.0 Released!

Instructions:
    Make sure you use a clean unmodified install of M2TW Kingdoms with latest patches up to v1.05.

1. Download and install retrofit mod 1.0, link is below:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1581

-Be sure to make a desktop icon when installing retrofit as this will make things easier later on.

If you want to keep the retrofit folder then I’d suggest making a copy of it you could use later on if you wish.

2. Download Ultimate Retrofit 2.0 file from easyshare.com:
    dead link for 2.0

http://www.easy-share.com/1910476747/Ultimate%20Retrofit%20v2.7z

https://mega.co.nz/#!OcAVFIQL!UdkO1a...jfndh49o7nllCY

data file https://mega.co.nz/#!SRAk3ADZ!ZXvSSL...WlhbJYT_cAjhdI

3. Extract the Ultimate Retrofit 2.0 data file into the M2TW/mods/retrofit folder, you’ll be prompted on whether or not to overwrite files, just click ‘yes to all’.

4. Download the attached 'data' file (see below) and extract it to the retrofit folder too (an update to solve a missing texture file).

Note: I have included the map.rwm files to try and solve the map.rwm problem but if your campaign doesn’t start then try deleting the map.rwm files (base folder, also campaign/custom/crusader_states and campaign/custom/teutonic_order).

That’s it, finished, no need to unpack any folders if you don’t want to, it’ll run without that! All you need to do now is double click the retrofit desktop icon and you’ll be playing Ultimate Retrofit v2.0! You can rename the icon to Ultimate Retrofit v2.0 if you wish.

Mod Specifications:
    Mod Specifications

Added Ireland, Kievian Rus’, Norway, Novgorod, Kwarezm, Cumans and Wales as playable factions.

Added Jerusalem, Antioch and Teutonic Order as emergent factions so that they appear outside their respective cities at the right time.

New beautified load screens and menus.

New Late Era Units for Jerusalem and Antioch, thanks for ImperiumIV for his suggestion.

Kingdom of Jerusalem.

Templar Lancers

Templar Lancers are representative of the trend in the latter medieval period of reducing the amount of overall armour, while improving the remaining armour to protect vital areas. With less armour and little to no armour on the mount, Templar Lancers are more mobile and cheaper to equip than their fully armoured counter parts.

Templar Longbowmen

Many longbowmen sign a contract of indenture with a captain to become part of his retinue. The captain then hires out their services to the king or nobles. Such men are in effect professional soldiers, and highly skilled archers. They're well armoured and equipped and confident in their own abilities.

Templar Billmen

The pinnacle of commoner infantry working in the service of the Knight's Templar, the Billman is equally comfortable in both attack and defence. Wielding the billhook allows Billmen to hack, stab and chop if needed and being encased in anything from half to three quarter plate armour means they can shrug off considerable damage.

Dismounted Templar Knights.

Templar knights generally preferred to fight mounted rather than on foot, as this allows them to utilise their devastating charge. Being dismounted due to the loss of a mount, through lack of water, or to better defend a settlement with their fearsome poleaxes, they can crush enemy infantry and fend off any horseman, while their plate armour makes them hard to kill.

Arquebusiers

Principality of Antioch.

Heavy Knights Hospitallier

Although drawn from the nobility of Europe, and equipped as heavy knights, these men are well trained and disciplined professional soldiers. They provide their sovereign with a standing force that's available when needed, and much less trouble than the turbulent aristocracy of old. Expensive to maintain, though, only the wealthiest states can afford them.

Hospitallier Voulgier

The voulge is a polearm related to simple harvesting tools but turned into a weapon of war. Having a large, slightly curved slashing blade on the top, this weapon in the hands of Voulgiers can deliver severe and oft fatal wounds to any unfortunate victims. This weapon is effective against infantry and cavalry.

Hospitallier Pikemen

A pike is long spear around 5m in length and used two-handed. A well trained unit can present enemies with a wall of almost impenetrable sharp steel that can stop a cavalry charge dead in its tracks, a fact not lost on latter Medieval armies. These soldiers wear the ripped tunics that were fashionable in the early sixteenth century.

Hospitallier Guard

The Hospitallier Guard are elite, heavily armoured longbowmen from Wales and England, brought in to try and counter the long range of the Mamluks and form part of the Grand Master's guard.

Arquebusiers

Upgrade Crusader Knights Armour Level To Partial Plate

Unhorsed Knights

Crusader Knights

Names of factions are more historical i.e. Wales are now Teirnas i Brithon and so on, thanks to Balmaug for his suggestions.

All the correct textures, banners and unit cards are present.

New campaign map and Mongol campaign script included; credit to Stainless Steel mod.

Byzantine, Turk, and Egypt units from kingdoms added.

Updated diplomacy and improved faction relationships with the Pope.

Christian factions, including Orthodox Christian factions, can recruit many of Jerusalem and Antioch’s best units if certain crusader regions are captured and held.

New, completely reworked Wales faction (New early era Wales units are entirely based around guerrilla warfare).
    Entirely designed to ambush and run, don’t expect early Welsh longbow men to fire missiles over 160 yards anymore, they’re designed to attack the rear and flanks firing at 60 yards or less.
    Infantry units throw javelins and all units fight barefoot (for grip and manoeuvrability in mountainous regions), with short spears (as was the case in late dark/early medieval Wales).

Bechgyn Rhyfelwyr (warrior boys).

The Brythoniad, being robust Celts, still hold to their pre-Roman celtic war style and Bechgyn Rhyfelwyr make excellent skirmishers. They are the youngest warriors of the local tribe (many as young as 14 years old) and are expert in ambush and feigned retreat. Being well suited to rough and craggy terrain and equipped with javelin, spear and shield, these lads make an excellent contribution to Brythoniaid armies.

Bowau Hir Gwerin (longbow men).

As the inventors of the longbow it's difficult to believe the original purpose of the longbow; since their land is not suited to battle on open plains, early Welsh longbow men would lie in wait with just a handful of arrows to ambush their opponent and then fire their bow from close range, often into the flanks of heavily armoured soldiers inflicting terrible casualties. During fighting at Abergavenny Castle, one arrow was recorded to have penetrated a horseman's mail covered leg, through his saddle, and into his horse far enough to kill it!

Cacynen (hornets).

Cacynen are the main infantry units in dark age/early medieval Wales. They are the hardy warrior class and are expert in ambush and feigned retreat. Being well suited to rough and craggy terrain and equipped with javelin, spear and shield, these warriors have been the main-stay of Brythoniaid armies in Wales for centuries.

Berau Hir (long spearmen).

Since Welsh armies cannot field cavalry to match the English they have found other ways to neutralise this threat, such as rows of brave men with long pointed sticks. These well-trained tribesmen are armed with pikes, allowing them to present English knights with a wall of pointy death.

Feel free to use these ‘more accurate’ Welsh units in your own mods as long as you credit Colesy606 or Ultimate Retrofit Mod.

Gorgeous, new Main Menu music added (Cor de Veum).

Two new Custom Campaigns added:

1. ‘Crusader States’ Campaign

Start date of 1100 a.d. Principality of Antioch and Kingdom of Jerusalem are playable.

2. ‘Teutonic Order’ Campaign

Start date of 1232 a.d. Teutonic Order and Mongols are playable.
    Cities and towns updated to reflect larger populations and more advanced buildings.

New, gorgeous loading screens, created mostly by and inspired by ImperiumIV.
    Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Example 4

Credit to Lord Condormanius for ‘dismounted mailed knights’ and ‘better captain models’,
    Agart for lush ‘new castles and towns strat models
    'Stainless Steel mod' for map and campaign script (mongols invasion).
    And of course, Retrofit mod.
    XAI mod.
    Big thanks to Asta666 who helped me with the beta testing.

Feel free to use my work for any publicly released mod with credit acknowledged to Colesy606 if any of my own content is used.

Known mod issues: I) Added factions are included in ‘custom battle’ at the expense of other factions. II) Switching between custom battle menu, custom campaigns menu and grand campaign menu (and vice versa) causes crash.

I am interested to hear if you enjoy playing my mod so please post here to let me know how it’s going.

This mod is fast becoming a monster and minor updates or suggestions are welcome but it takes me a while to implement various things. If you come across errors or bugs, let me know and I’ll see what I can do, I haven’t let anyone down yet!

Please don’t post complaints about certain new factions or things not being included, I’ve fully explained what you should expect from this mod. Thank you for your support.

Administrative NoteWe have added new download links. If you have questions please contact a member of the Modding Staff group.

Last edited by Caillagh de Bodemloze; January 21, 2020 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Update added

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Ultimate Retrofit v1.0

! + rep

Thanks Vikingr!
    You've been a fab support and helped persuade me to release the mod!
    It's hellish nerves posting a mod though , I've been checking it and double checking it for three days to make sure it's just right!
    "A dark age indeed, no plumbing! No electricity! No nothing! Oh, hang it all." Merlin.

good j~o~b!

Vegas_Bear's Avatar Biarchus

Nice Job on the MOD!

I've noticed a bug, there are three missing texture files and one of them will cause an error, I've altered the download to prevent the game from crashing so you can download the updated version if you wish. OR a quicker method would involve you replacing the textures yourself if you've unpacked the british_isles campaign:

The files you need are in: M2TW/data/mods/british_isles/data/banners/textures they are called 'royal_banner_ireland' and 'royal_banner_norway' copy and paste them into M2TW/data/mods/retrofit/data/banners/textures.
    Those don't cause an error however:

The missing texture that causes a crash is in M2TW/data/mods/british_isles/data/unit_models/generals_and_captains/northern_general/textures it's called late_general_ireland, copy it into M2TW/data/mods/retrofit/data/unit_models/generals_and_captains/northern_general/textures.

Phew! Job done.
    I've also changed Irish 'Muire' unit in the edu to have only 1 hitpoint instead of 2 since I'd increased their unit size so you can change that if you like.

I'm currently playing the mod and keeping an eye out for problems ,
    , if you spot any errors or problems let me know.

Let me know what you think of playing it, do you find it a smooth running mod? Are you happy with the faction descriptions for the added factions? If you get any ideas for improvements then I'll be happy to hear them and feel free to design your own.
    Thanks for your support everyone,
    Colesy606
    "A dark age indeed, no plumbing! No electricity! No nothing! Oh, hang it all." Merlin.

Hey Colesy606, I have something weird going on when I go to extract the files from your zip. It runs fine then after a few sec, I start getting this winrar diagnostic report telling me this for many files.

Ultimate Retrofit v1.0.7z: CRC failed in banners\textures\faction_banner_"differnet country names here*_trans.texture. The file is corrupt,

Also in unit_sprites as well over 10,000 files in all keep saying their corrupt.

Would you happen to know what might be going on wrong?

Thanks

PS. going to re-download your mod and see if that fixes the corrput files.
    Last edited by IHIavok; October 30, 2009 at 01:49 AM.

No one else had this problem yet but I did recently upload a new file due to a missing texture and your message suggests a problem with the download . Update me on whether your second download works for you, if not I'll test the download and if there's a problem I'll re-upload the file.
    Thanks for keeping me informed

knight2's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by IHIavok View Post
    Hey Colesy606, I have something weird going on when I go to extract the files from your zip. It runs fine then after a few sec, I start getting this winrar diagnostic report telling me this for many files.

Ultimate Retrofit v1.0.7z: CRC failed in banners\textures\faction_banner_"differnet country names here*_trans.texture. The file is corrupt,

Also in unit_sprites as well over 10,000 files in all keep saying their corrupt.

Would you happen to know what might be going on wrong?

Thanks

PS. going to re-download your mod and see if that fixes the corrput files.
    I have the same problem, i tried to install your mod three times and it doesnt work.

your Changes sound pretty good, but i cant try it

Update time. I re-downloaded the zip last night and am trying right now to extract it. Tried putting it into a new folder this time on my desktop.
    I thought about doing them one at a time to see which are giving me the error.

The world folder, gave me 10988 errors from banners, unit_sprites, ui\units, world\maps\campaign,custom\e3_campaign... many of them.! corrupt.
    Also looks like the unit_sprites folder has 2010 currupt files. unit_models has 2499 currupt files and ui folder 10985 currupt files.

So hmmm not sure what to do now. If you like I can clipboard the info (its ALOT of files whew) and send them to you if you want. I'm going to be leaving for the weekend, byt will be more than happy to send the files once I get back.
    Hope I can get this to work, cause I really want to give your mod a try
    Last edited by IHIavok; October 30, 2009 at 01:02 PM.

Okay,
    Bear with me, must be a corrupt file upload. I'll test it and see what the problem is. Apologies about this.
    The new file should be up in the next couple of hours
    Last edited by colesy606; October 30, 2009 at 12:48 PM.

Can't wait to give it a try. Don't you hate when things don't go as you want them to. And even more so when it comes to modding games. I've been there done that.

I won't be able to try the new dl until Monday or so, but I'll be back!
    I liked the retrofit mod, so when I came across your ultimate retrofit with your changes, I just had to give it a try.

Is it Monday yet? hehehehe

Okay,
    Just about ready break something now, been trying to upload the file since Friday but it's not working, uploads to 100% and then .......... nothing! I'll wait a few days and then try again.
    What a pain.
    Apologies if you're waiting for this.

Try this http://www.megaupload.com/ ,hope you a good luck.

At last!
    Download should work now everyone!
    Thanks for your patience.
    Thanks for the reminder on megaupload f117u!

Icon7 Re: Ultimate Retrofit v1.0

Well done, great work

I couldn't install retrofit 1.0 so being quite adventurous I attempted to install Ultimate Retrofit as a stand alone mod.
    And thus far it's working.

My install:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    1. In your mods folder create new folder uretrofit inside that folder create new folder data
    2. Unzip the files in colesy606's Ultimate Retrofit v1.0 to your new data folder
    3. Create a CFG file and save it as uretrofit.cfg
    I used:
    [io]
    file_first = true

[log]
    to = logs/uretrofit.log.txt
    level = * error

[video]
    movies = false
    show_banners = 1

[features]
    editor = true
    mod = mods/uretrofit

[misc]
    show_hud_date = true
    4. Create a BAT file, I just edited an existing one with this info:
    cd ..\..
    kingdoms.exe @mods\uretrofit\uretrofit.cfg
    5. Delete the descr_engine_skeleton.txt inside the data folder
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I had to do this because in battles my battering rams only had the front wheels and were doing freaky end over end rolls.

6. Double click your BAT file and hopefully you will have the same luck as I.

Nice one For Whom The Bell Tolls!
    How handy is that!

Domesticus
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by colesy606
    Known mod issues: I) Game crashes if you browse too many factions on the faction selection screen. II) Added factions are included in ‘custom battle’ at the expense of other factions. III) Switching between custom battle menu and grand campaign menu (and vice versa) causes crash.
    Looks very similar to Stainless Steel. I and III are unfixable but the factions available in Custom Battles can be changed in descr_sm_factions.txt. Just change
    custom_battle_availability no
    to
    custom_battle_availability yes
    Please notice that you have to put one faction unavailable in Custom Battles if you enable one.

This wasn't tell for you only as I think you know this already, but for everyone reading this post.

~F

'Similar to stainless steel'
    Thanks for the compliment but it is vastly different to the massive project and popular mod that is Stainless Steel.
    Last edited by colesy606; November 20, 2009 at 01:57 PM.

Domesticus
    Artifex

I meant the bugs
    Stainless Steel has both of those 2 bugs and that custom battle problem.

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast