Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Feedback & Suggestions Thread

Default Re: OFFICIAL: Feedback & Suggestions Thread

After finally getting ETW to work again, I just had to try my buddy Toon and teams stuff out. Though I have to ask. Will there be any NC British troops again? I vaguely remember pre American Revolution Mod or you could say pre hosted mod.
    Love the Mod great units. Keep up the good work.
    Got nothing...

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Quote Originally Posted by pericles_plato View Post
    After finally getting ETW to work again, I just had to try my buddy Toon and teams stuff out. Though I have to ask. Will there be any NC British troops again? I vaguely remember pre American Revolution Mod or you could say pre hosted mod.
    Thanks for your kind words Pericles Plato much appreciated !

But what do you mean by NC british troops ?

Quote Originally Posted by MorganH. View Post
    Thanks for your kind words Pericles Plato much appreciated !

But what do you mean by NC british troops ?
    Haha nvm just found them. I was talking about North Carolina Highlanders mainly. They are my pride and joy. They bring tears to my eyes. It's great to see them still in there. Thank you for replying so quick. Got a question in fact. What is TAR Units Relaxed Availability mean?
    Last edited by pericles_plato; January 14, 2011 at 12:03 PM.
    Got nothing...

AH yes,the Highlanders are in of course,and dont forget the Carolina light Dragoons !

Enjoy the Mod mate!

What is TAR Units Relaxed Availability mean?
    ''TAR Units Relaxed Availability'' means that you can recruit all TAR units in late custom battles as well !

Just tried out the TAR 1775 & 1783 campaigns as well, and while I must say there's also a great job done there, I must ask: Is it normal for the map to be entirely revealed? There is no fog of war at all on the map, it sort of is a bit of a deterrent. Is there any way to disable that, or is that just how it is for this beta version?

TheSilverKnight - Developer for IBFD

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverKnight View Post
    Just tried out the TAR 1775 & 1783 campaigns as well, and while I must say there's also a great job done there, I must ask: Is it normal for the map to be entirely revealed? There is no fog of war at all on the map, it sort of is a bit of a deterrent. Is there any way to disable that, or is that just how it is for this beta version?
    hmm...this is is a good point, and hip63 was working on this. leave it with me and will answer when hip is back in the Virtual world as real life is priority at present.

Might I also make a minor request that Persia be made playable in the 1700 & 1783 campaign in the next beta version?

TheSilverKnight - Developer for IBFD

Civis

Not sure if this is the right place but the official technical support thread seems to be closed.

Firstly, I am tremendously impressed with what little I have seen of this mod and I am utterly dying to play the Americans in a real, dedicated campaign with Empire sorely lacks in vanilla. Which brings me to my next point...

I've done a fresh install of Empire and patched it to the latest version, installed the mod and when I go to the faction selection screen and click on which faction to play and hit play, it crashes on me. I've tried cleaning the cache files, reinstalling both ETW and the mod and I still can't get this working.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Excalibur what is your OS? The game runs better with Windows 7 64. I would ask all those with problems to state which OS they are running.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Civis

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on an Intel Core i7-950 at 4.1 ghz with 6 GB of DDR3, and a Radeon 5770 with 1 GB of RAM.

I've run Darth mod previously with no problems, this is the first mod I'm having trouble with.

Please help. I'm dying to kick some British ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur Bane View Post
    I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on an Intel Core i7-950 at 4.1 ghz with 6 GB of DDR3, and a Radeon 5770 with 1 GB of RAM.

I've run Darth mod previously with no problems, this is the first mod I'm having trouble with.

Looks like the specs are ok

the NC troops are in the mod for britain? I think there are only two

What other mods are you running alongside it? I sometimes find CTDs become more common when you overclock. Try refreshing the RAM by restarting your PC if that doesn't work. Check your user script to verify there aren't typing errors there.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; February 13, 2011 at 05:32 AM.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Civis

I'm not having any problems with any other games or applications so it can't be the mild overclocking. Temperatures are stable.

Where do I check the user scripts?

I'm not having any problems with any other games or applications so it can't be the mild overclocking. Temperatures are stable.

Where do I check the user scripts?
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts but in the case of TAR users there is also a TAR folder in the scripts folder so if you are using the TAR console the TAR script is the relevant one.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

bwc153's Avatar Miles

Played a game as The Americans in the 1776 campaign... noticed some odd CAI behavior... The British parked 2 full stacks in the Iroquois capitol, leaving them with not enough funds to properly support more forces to defend the rest of their American posessions. I steamrolled Georgia, Florida, and the Carolinas... and let them sit there. They slowly lost soldiers due to bankruptcy. The British then asked for peace, I conquered the Iroquois, and their 2 full stacks were forced to various Islands throughout the Caribbean sea to slowly whither away.
    I noiced the Trickle down economics system is powerful... if not TOO powerful... I've got taxes at minimum, and am getting 46k per turn from taxes alone. In total I make roughly 20k profit per turn, even after supporting 6 full stacks of units, and half a fleet (have no real use for a large navy as the AI refuses to build anything more than 4-5 ships at a time)

Also, I forget (due to not playing Empire much for about 5 months)... Is there any benefit to having the lower-class population be large besides having more people to recruit from? A majority of my cities are growing at 1-1.8% population per turn.

Civis

Sorry for the delayed reply but RL got busy. I'm still having problems getting this mod to work. I've redownloaded TAR, made a clean install of Empire, verified all the files are intact and cleaned out all the user data in roaming and it's still not working.

Soon as I click on start campaign it CTDs, I'm trying to play the Americans in the Revolutionary TAR campaign.

Some more help would be appreciated.

Sorry for the delayed reply but RL got busy. I'm still having problems getting this mod to work. I've redownloaded TAR, made a clean install of Empire, verified all the files are intact and cleaned out all the user data in roaming and it's still not working.

Soon as I click on start campaign it CTDs, I'm trying to play the Americans in the Revolutionary TAR campaign.

Some more help would be appreciated.
    You say clean install,but from experience i know that even then,traces from old Mods(in your case Darth mod) can still be present;have you manually checked all folders for leftovers?
    Did you ran Empire vanilla before installing to ensure it was working correct ?(did you verify gamecache?)
    Did you close steam while installing TAR?
    Did you close antivirus programs while installing TAR?(Norton seems to have a negative effect on the installation)

Further have you tried ALL options from this thread?:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=410799

Civis

Strangely enough, a reboot was required to get it working. It's working fine now.

Thanks for the help.