Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Feedback & Suggestions Thread

Laetus

Default Re: OFFICIAL: Feedback & Suggestions Thread

As promised on the ACW forums....just want to thank the entire TAR team for providing us with a truly great and incredibly fun mod! More often than not gamers tend to be whiners and nit-pickers about the mods that you folks have put many hours into creating for the no monetary reward except for the love of it. Thanks again and merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous new year!

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ibelarry View Post
    As promised on the ACW forums....just want to thank the entire TAR team for providing us with a truly great and incredibly fun mod! More often than not gamers tend to be whiners and nit-pickers about the mods that you folks have put many hours into creating for the no monetary reward except for the love of it. Thanks again and merry Christmas and a safe and prosperous new year!
    Top man!!! thank you for your kind words and support for the mod and you too have a great Xmas, drink lots and be merry and have a prosperous new year +rep

This is the mod i play, when itīs time between editing and playing/testing acw
    Good job mates!

Quote Originally Posted by shokh View Post
    This is the mod i play, when itīs time between editing and playing/testing acw
    Good job mates!
    Full respect man!!
    I was not even aware you were part of the ACW team and what a great job you guys have done with 2.1 +rep

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Full respect man!!
    I was not even aware you were part of the ACW team and what a great job you guys have done with 2.1 +rep
    Iīm in team only since November and was before most passiv on TWC, modded a lot and fan of TW since Shogun, but never posted something here. Whatever *g*

What i would say was: "good setting and even better project". Your work have now a pole position on my Game-HDD and i can recommend all to try this out. The guys did a lot of work to entertain you.

Best regards, Shokh

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Welcome to the forums Shokh,and thanks for the compliments !

With Regards !

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

Maybe a good a new idea would be able to have an option to enable what royal navy flag you want to use similar to the way you guys have done with the U.S, when you can select what land battle flag you want. Historically the royal navy had three different squardrons with different flags for an example the red squad had the red ensign, blue squad had the blue ensign and white squad had the white ensign, as there was no one clear ensign that dominated the squadrons until the 19th century. Only if possible though as i think it would be quite historically accurate since all three Royal Navy ensigns were used in the 18th century as the red ensign shouldn't be restriced to just the 13 colonies/british colonials. Pl

Red Squadron

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Blue Squadron

White Squadron

One more thing the AI is cool and very aggressive because after i finished defeating one nation another ends up attacking me and i've realised too that your long-term allies ally with themselves with smaller nations like cherokee or huron to try and stop you from expanding in America as they can use that as a reason to break up an alliance and betray you, although as GB the Netherlands were soo scared to attack me when i fought the cherokee and Huron their allies.
    Last edited by jackwei; December 19, 2010 at 05:54 PM.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Hey Toon, Fantastic job buddy. I am playing as the Americans of course. Washingtons and Greenes men love killing redcoat raiders who raid our lands with their filth. LOL! Great job, but their is lots of raiding going on in the campaignIm playing on H/H so I dont know. I have to keep small detachments out to fight them off, EPIC. i love the mod. Cant wait till its done!

EDIT- Also I cant climb up the walls when assaulting a fort. WTF?
    EDIT- My provincial cavalry turns into Generals bodyguard after a while, and I will build a nice fleet( about 7 84 gun ships and after a while they will vanish. Also I will have trade ships spawn up out of no where and they get sunk , and Im like, WTF where did those ships come from! Thats all for now, having alot of fun though, very challenging! Great Job!!
    Last edited by airborne guy; December 29, 2010 at 03:51 AM.

Hey guys,

Fantastic mod overall! It looks really polished & well done, absolute brilliance to play & it's so impressive! Good work

My question is - Playing as the Mughal Empire, there are a number of units which aren't showing up with names or descriptions, that I believe are from Adrian74's Indian Booster pack (such as the Bhumiya Musketeers, I believe). Any chance in looking into that? You'll know what I'm talking about if you start up as the Mughal Empire, go to the Building Browser, and then look at the last building in the military tier, and when you mouse over certain units, there will be no name or description. Not sure if there's a quick fix for that or what. Same thing also goes for the Maratha. Please let me know!

Otherwise, looks absolutely amazing & I'm having a blast with it!

Good work again, lads.
    Last edited by TheSilverKnight; December 29, 2010 at 02:04 PM.

TheSilverKnight - Developer for IBFD

Thanks a lot SilverKnight for your kind words !

And yes we are aware of the missing descriptions,and they will be fixed for the final release.

Thanks again for the feedback & enjoy !

Another thing I noticed:

In custom battles, Great Britain has a plethora of units to their advantage, the regional regiments mostly, but I noticed in the campaign, none of those regional regiments can be recruited. I'm guessing that those will be included as well in the final version?

kenniston5's Avatar TAR local moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverKnight View Post
    Another thing I noticed:

In custom battles, Great Britain has a plethora of units to their advantage, the regional regiments mostly, but I noticed in the campaign, none of those regional regiments can be recruited. I'm guessing that those will be included as well in the final version?
    Hi SilverKnight,
    Thanks for the feed back and
    yes ,the mod is still in beta...trying to get all the kinks out,and the feedback helps out alot

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverKnight View Post
    Another thing I noticed:

I am not sure what you mean by Regional Regiments? the British Army units that have been created by the team are strategically based at the regions they would have been stationed during the AWI war.
    The CA vanilla units have not been changed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    I am not sure what you mean by Regional Regiments? the British Army units that have been created by the team are strategically based at the regions they would have been stationed during the AWI war.
    The CA vanilla units have not been changed at all.
    I mean like the Northumberland Regiment, Jamaica Rangers, Yorkshire Regiment, etc. I don't see them as recruitable in England, I'm not sure if that's planned or not. If so, which regions can each "regional" regiment be recruited in?

After careful scrutinizing, thanks for all the hard work guys! I found the regiments & I found the regional recruitments. Ignore my questions from the previous post! Thanks for all your hard work that you've put into this mod

Hi guys.Now i have feedback from other battles and i like to post about it and about the Campaign map.I did not have CTD in the CM but now i have some Random CTD there.And in battles for a strange reason i can only play only in India without CTD and in Europe and America it CTD.But i think that the CTD in the battles in Europe and USA happens when i zoom in to see my units in action from close.In India its all normal.I will test this and i will post later about it.MorganH i did all that u told us all the steps.!Like the script i erased and the FX_Cache folder but for the FX folder it just apears again.And finaly i can play all the battles in auto but the thing is that i want to play them in RT...????

Can i post an interesting pic from America CM with a nice Invasion from the AI.?Just for the fun of it.?
    Last edited by Basil the Second; January 12, 2011 at 05:55 AM.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

I'm going to put up a poll on what OS those with problems are using. We haven't had too many CTD problems with Windows 7 64, so it would be interesting to see whether that is reflected generally.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by Basil the Second View Post
    Can i post an interesting pic from America CM with a nice Invasion from the AI.?Just for the fun of it.?

Sure thing ! (use spoilers)

"The Dutch have Arived..Not a long ago i use to Rule "Moose Factory"-"Ruperts Land".It was a nice peacefull period and all British and Natives we were friends.But the Savages Huron break our Aliance and attack our small community here on our beautifull Ruperts Land.The battle was Fierce and mercyles we used all that we have got but there was not enough..Our Hesian,Militia and some Royals only,fought like lions like there is no tommorow,wave after wave musket after musket cannonballs flying but our thin lines break and it was all over.!The savages won and they did not left nothing standing in their way..Before i fled i saw Magua slay General Moore..Five years have pased and i was in the services of the United Provinces in an expedition to go and avenge,destroy and take back my home,it used to be my home,Ruperts Land.."

Nice mate,very immersive !

On your issues,lets summarize in your thread;http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=417158

see you there ! hehehe