Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Feedback & Suggestions Thread

raistlinmajere8's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: OFFICIAL: Feedback & Suggestions Thread

I'm getting a lot of CTDing while on the campaign map. Like at least once an hour. Not quite sure what's going on... I've got the latest patch installed, I've done like two clean re-installs of both ETW and TAR now... and I still just keep getting CTD's on campaign map.

OH, and it seems every time I try to make peace with France while playing as the British, it freezes up or CTD's. Same goes for when I play as the French, and try to make peace with the British.

All of these issues are in the United States Grand Campaign btw.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Thanks for reporting this mate!
    For now id suggest to not make this peace offering anymore ,and keep watching the forum closely as Hip is working on a new Beta version as we speak !

Quote Originally Posted by raistlinmajere8 View Post
    I'm getting a lot of CTDing while on the campaign map. Like at least once an hour. Not quite sure what's going on... I've got the latest patch installed, I've done like two clean re-installs of both ETW and TAR now... and I still just keep getting CTD's on campaign map.

OH, and it seems every time I try to make peace with France while playing as the British, it freezes up or CTD's. Same goes for when I play as the French, and try to make peace with the British.

All of these issues are in the United States Grand Campaign btw.
    Fixed, will be in next release

grandpa's Avatar Elite Bytebumbler

Wow. Uhmm, WOW!!. I am completely befuddled and awestruck. I truly feel like I have been given a new game. From the load video, to the background rolling panoaramic of smoking stacks, I am thinking I took a wrong turn somewhere,lol. I am completely giddy to get a start.

And I thought I would drop in to give my initial observations. Other than the awesome stuff listed above, here are the (please don't think me picky, as I'm extremely pleased) odd things I saw.
    I am playing U.S. Grand Camp., as U.S., year 1st turn, 1783, settings as 3 turn per year.

In the TAR beta 2 load prologue if you will, on the screen that tells you what the mod is all about, someone may want to revisit it and correct a few typo's, such as the ' u.s must not repay the french with interest', where it was probably meant to say they must NOW repay with interest. There are a few more, but I don't want to seem picky, and ungrateful.

On the opening camp map government screen, of ministers, the opposition has two gentlemen's last name, and three with no last name...George, William and John.

Off the coast of penn. there is a 5th rate admirals ship ( flagship Actaeon) whereas the admiral has no name on his unit card.

I hope I'm not angering anyone, as this Mod is beautiful so far (1st turn lol). The install was simple, and i got one message from my Norton about Tar clean-up exe. I dunno, but it took it out, and I couldn't get it to put it back. I hope this doesn't affect anything. Other than that, I took ya'lls advice and started the download before bed, got up this morning, and I'm gonna have a ball now.

Thank you all so much for the hard work you have done for our gaming pleasure.

Cheers!!

"Work smart or be tuff", American Inventor Herbert Willaims. An amazing man. Inventor of the Openhydro Tidal energy machine, located in Orkney Islands. www.openhydro.com

It doesn't cost a dime to be nice yet has the highest return
    on investment. grandpa

Thanks for your very kind words and notifications Grandpa,wll make sure to fix them for the final release !

Regards.

grandpa's Avatar Elite Bytebumbler

Thank you MorganH. I have been playing a few hours now, and all I can say, is my goodness this is good stuff. I did notice that the educator in the U.S at the time is named frederick, and thats all. I tried to do some research to find his actual name in that time period for the massachusettes colonial college, and came up with all kind of stuff, but no list of educators for the period. I'm sure yall are better at that than I anyway, cuz you folks have a masterpiece. there is also the General in charleston region without a name or unit card, its kinda greyed out, even though a very nice picture of a fella.

The game operates flawlessly. extraordinary work was done here. many thanks to you all.

"Work smart or be tuff", American Inventor Herbert Willaims. An amazing man. Inventor of the Openhydro Tidal energy machine, located in Orkney Islands. www.openhydro.com

It doesn't cost a dime to be nice yet has the highest return
    on investment. grandpa

Your welcome Grandpa and thanks for the additional feedback;keep t comming if you like !

Biarchus

To the TAR Team you guys have really outdone yourselves with 2.0. It's absolutely beautiful. I have only been able to try a couple campaigns, but have NOT had one problem. No ctd's. The mod really offers a lot of variety in units and new challenges. I love it! Great job!

jackwei's Avatar Primicerius

Would there be any chance in the future making the British regiment such as Royal Berkshire and so on be recruitable in England and Scotland during the thirteen colonies camspaign too, as sometimes it is very odd having to transport those units from America to Europe everytime despite them being specifically English and Scottish regiments??

Kambe's Avatar Biarchus

Playing TAR Revolution campaign as USA and when I upgrade in Boston barracks to last building called some like academy it removes 95% of the available units in Boston.

Don't preorder games!

Quote Originally Posted by Kambe View Post
    Playing TAR Revolution campaign as USA and when I upgrade in Boston barracks to last building called some like academy it removes 95% of the available units in Boston.
    Thanks!
    Im having my own American rev.campaign going and will check it as well.

Might have to buy Empire just for this mod, but still enjoying M2 so idk. Great work either way.

Can someone tell me are unit sizes same as vanilla?
    I ask this because i cant play Darth mod because this mod had insane unit sizes.

flannk's Avatar Civis

Line infantry has 165 units, I think that is normal unit size. Of course (even if playing DM), you can adjust unit size with ingame options

kenniston5's Avatar TAR local moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian121 View Post
    Can someone tell me are unit sizes same as vanilla?
    I ask this because i cant play Darth mod because this mod had insane unit sizes.
    the avg TAR unit size is around 220,Austria is about 300,russia more towards 400,you can adjust unit size in the game settings screen each time you lower it lowers by 25% if that helps,then the way i used to edit the lines was using pfm manager and open up the tar db file and edit the unit_land_stats,easy and there are tutorials in the mod workshop section,thats how i learned to mod.
    Last edited by kenniston5; December 10, 2010 at 07:55 PM.

kenniston5's Avatar TAR local moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Curt2013 View Post
    Might have to buy Empire just for this mod, but still enjoying M2 so idk. Great work either way.
    you should get the total double pack game of the year one has both empire and napoleon,lots of good mods try TAR 2.0 you will enjoy it and then for Napoleon try the toon all in one,and the add on mods for it

First, I want to say that since I've been able to play the mod, I've really, really enjoyed it! The soldiers get tired a little fast for just standing there and reloading, but at the same time it makes the battles more exciting.

Second, it appears that in the United States Campaign (1783_main?), playing as the US, there is an unnamed (and un-pictured, although that may not be a bug) general in the Carolinas just northwest of Charleston, and the one admiral just southwest of New York also is unnamed. I'm not sure if this is because their names are not in some list like the old Total War games used or what, but I thought I'd let you guys know.

Thanks for pointing this out Blindsniper,itll be fixed for the Final release !
    Enjoy the Mod.

Quote Originally Posted by flannk View Post
    Line infantry has 165 units, I think that is normal unit size. Of course (even if playing DM), you can adjust unit size with ingame options

Yes you can, but when you set small size then is to small, but in normal are still huge, huge and large is insane. I am talking about Darth Mod Ultimate.
    Last edited by Praetorian121; December 11, 2010 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Praetorian121 View Post
    Yes you can, but when you set small size then is to small, but in normal are still huge, huge and large is insane. I am talking about Darth Mod Ultimate.
    Make sure your ingame setting is set at ultra, and the unit multiplier in the preference script is set to 1 for the 220 men per line-infantry unit.(besides some exceptions like the Austrians who will have 300 then this way)