Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Feedback & Suggestions Thread

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Default Re: OFFICIAL: Feedback & Suggestions Thread

Ok,good to hear,enjoy !

Civis

I'm having a strange issue now. Whenever I enable any of the advanced options like increased research rate or faster artillery reloading, as soon as I go back to the main menu, it says TAR pack files are missing. I reinstalled and tried again with the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur Bane View Post
    I'm having a strange issue now. Whenever I enable any of the advanced options like increased research rate or faster artillery reloading, as soon as I go back to the main menu, it says TAR pack files are missing. I reinstalled and tried again with the same result.
    Yes this is correct,do NOT use any of the advanced options as they are unstable.

Just put them back to default and try again,the options will be fixed for the final release!

Welcome to the forums.

Civis

It might be good to note that somewhere. I finally got it working after all this trouble and so far all I see are some flavour units with no real stat changes.

I looked around but didn't find a manual anywhere. What exactly does the mod change for the US?

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

It might be good to note that somewhere. I finally got it working after all this trouble and so far all I see are some flavour units with no real stat changes.

I looked around but didn't find a manual anywhere. What exactly does the mod change for the US?
    Manual is within the launcher menu, no changes?? I think you need to play the game more mate

Civis

Meh, I dunno just feels like plain Darthmod but that's probably me. Having so many units that you can only have 2 or 4 of grates on my nerves. My armies ended up looking like hodge poshes of disarray instead of my regularly orderly armies that I've grown so fond of.

I'll go back to DMUC for now. Perhaps I'll return to this mod a little bit later. I'm sure it has it's merits but I'm already in an American campaign in DMUC with the Additional Units Mod on top of it, so that may be why I'm finding nothing that suits my fancy.

I've got too much American flowing through my mind I should think. Soon time to start a new campaign.

Let me make myself clear, I am not bashing the mod, only offering my thoughts. I wouldn't want my post to be construed otherwise. Best of luck for the future of ARM.

Meh, I dunno just feels like plain Darthmod but that's probably me. Having so many units that you can only have 2 or 4 of grates on my nerves. My armies ended up looking like hodge poshes of disarray instead of my regularly orderly armies that I've grown so fond of.

I'll go back to DMUC for now. Perhaps I'll return to this mod a little bit later. I'm sure it has it's merits but I'm already in an American campaign in DMUC with the Additional Units Mod on top of it, so that may be why I'm finding nothing that suits my fancy.

I've got too much American flowing through my mind I should think. Soon time to start a new campaign.

Let me make myself clear, I am not bashing the mod, only offering my thoughts. I wouldn't want my post to be construed otherwise. Best of luck for the future of ARM.
    Thanks for feedback and please remember that we have used Darth AI/CAI in this mod (Version 6.7)
    The mod was specifically designed for the TAR era, but we have added the european theatre for all to enjoy and the main difference is that Darth mod uses mostly Vanilla units only and TAR uses most of the modding communities units in all theatres.

Hope to see you back soon when you fancy playing the american revolution

Hi all, love the mod, it's brilliant. It's taking time for me to get used to the movement speeds and other quirks of Darthmod-powered gameplay. However, I have a small problem. I like grenadiers, and I especially like their grenades. My problem is that no matter what the Grenades enabled/disabled option is in Advanced Options, grenadiers are unableto throw grenades. Is this a bug, or is it a deliberate balance decision? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_ANGRY_GAMER View Post
    Hi all, love the mod, it's brilliant. It's taking time for me to get used to the movement speeds and other quirks of Darthmod-powered gameplay. However, I have a small problem. I like grenadiers, and I especially like their grenades. My problem is that no matter what the Grenades enabled/disabled option is in Advanced Options, grenadiers are unableto throw grenades. Is this a bug, or is it a deliberate balance decision? Thanks in advance.
    Removed the use, as grenadiers did not use grenades till 1800's!

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Removed the use, as grenadiers did not use grenades till 1800's!
    Huh? In truth they were regarded largely as obsolete by the time of the Seven Years War but made an occasional reappearance e.g. the British used them in the War of Independence. Benjamin Franklin designed a grenade that was never used.
    The British restricted manufacturing and accumulation of black powder in their colonies, which the American Revolutionary Forces found out the hard way. The small black powder factories that sprang up, produced a poor variety and the Continental Congress worked to get better black powder from Germany. Besides developing a poison rifle ball, Ben Franklin designed a grenade made from sheet lead in the form of a number of small hexagons folded to make a softball size container. The grenade container was filled with black powder, broken glass and fragments of rusty old nails. The hole in the grenade was then sealed with a wick sticking out of wax. Too heavy to throw, the Franklin grenade would be rolled down an incline. No one knows if this first American grenade was ever used. The British, on the other hand, did have a small grenade that used a1/2 pound of black powder which was used during the Revolutionary War.
    They were also sometimes used in the Seven Years War, such as at Zorndorf, Poland, (where grenades have been found from the period) and Colberg where at least the Russians used them.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; March 19, 2011 at 04:35 PM.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    Huh? In truth they were regarded largely as obsolete by the time of the Seven Years War but made an occasional reappearance e.g. the British used them in the War of Independence. Benjamin Franklin designed a grenade that was never used
    Exactly! never used in combat, remember TAR is based on realism and not on fiction

Icon14 Re: OFFICIAL: Feedback & Suggestions Thread

Best ETW mod ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Officerpuppy View Post
    Best ETW mod ever!
    Thanks mate,and thanking you as well,Flag officer of TAR Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Officerpuppy View Post
    Best ETW mod ever!
    To all you guys out there, officerPuppy was my mentor on modding back in 2009 as I had no experience of ever modding a TW game in Photoshop and using DB files, this guy showed me the way!!!

Big reps to OP and thanks again mate for your help back in the early days

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

I read somewhere that you had asked the Lordz if they could make you some custom battle maps. Did they make you those maps? If so are they also available for custom battle?

Quote Originally Posted by swordofjanak View Post
    I read somewhere that you had asked the Lordz if they could make you some custom battle maps. Did they make you those maps? If so are they also available for custom battle?
    Our mapper Flavious has provided 2 brilliant maps for TAR;the White plains and Guilford Courthouse maps.
    The Lordz maps never materialized unfortunately.
    Everything about the custom TAR maps here;http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=370390

Quote Originally Posted by swordofjanak View Post
    The lordz never returned any of my pm's when I requested there help on TAR map mods, disappointed at this I was and glad that I did get a couple of maps made by flavious

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    The lordz never returned any of my pm's when I requested there help on TAR map mods, disappointed at this I was and glad that I did get a couple of maps made by flavious

That's pretty sad to read Toon, that the Lordz team never responded to you. Those guys sure know how to make amazing maps. It's sad that they don't have enough class or respect to not even respond to you. I've noticed that with a lot of these modders. Very stuck on themselves, i thought this was supposed to be a tight knit community? That's why i believe yourself and Morgan are the CLASSIEST people i have ever seen in this TW Community. Very down to earth and friendly, it's probably because of your age, since you both are very old and wise!

Quote Originally Posted by ztrain909 View Post
    That's pretty sad to read Toon, that the Lordz team never responded to you. Those guys sure know how to make amazing maps. It's sad that they don't have enough class or respect to not even respond to you. I've noticed that with a lot of these modders. Very stuck on themselves, i thought this was supposed to be a tight knit community? That's why i believe yourself and Morgan are the CLASSIEST people i have ever seen in this TW Community. Very down to earth and friendly, it's probably because of your age, since you both are very old and wise!
    thanks mate,much appreciated,hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by ztrain909 View Post
    Thanks for kind words mate and +rep!!