Thread: DARTH MOD 3.4 minus Naval Changes???

Default DARTH MOD 3.4 minus Naval Changes???

Is it possible to make a submod of DM that does NOT include the naval changes? I like the changes that Darth put in the naval battles but to be honest, I think they last waaaay too long now. Ships take a long time to get damaged.

Could this be done if I just download the naval submod, look at the files in it and then delete the corresponding files in my main Darth mod 3.4 mod?

Thorn's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: DARTH MOD 3.4 minus Naval Changes???

Quote Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
    Is it possible to make a submod of DM that does NOT include the naval changes? I like the changes that Darth put in the naval battles but to be honest, I think they last waaaay too long now. Ships take a long time to get damaged.

Could this be done if I just download the naval submod, look at the files in it and then delete the corresponding files in my main Darth mod 3.4 mod?
    You only need to delete the Darthmod naval_stats table, that will make ships to back to vanilla stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Naimad View Post
    You only need to delete the Darthmod naval_stats table, that will make ships to back to vanilla stats.
    Great, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Naimad View Post
    This gives me a CTD on startup. Any other suggestions?

you will need to run a cache verification check via steam after deleting something.

open steam, rightclick the empire icon in steam, and in one of the tabs itll give you option of verifying cache. this should restore the deleted, hence missing, files to vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Don Of Atheos View Post
    you will need to run a cache verification check via steam after deleting something.

open steam, rightclick the empire icon in steam, and in one of the tabs itll give you option of verifying cache. this should restore the deleted, hence missing, files to vanilla
    Won't this also remove all my mods, including Darthmod?

No you will also need to change to vanilla many settings in kv_rules db file, and projectiles db file.

Naval_stats, kv_rules, projectiles create the new experience.

Outcome... you cannot just delete.