Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Player Profiles

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Default Player Profiles

It would be nice to more details of the playing audience of Thera, feel free to add you details into a player profile.

Template

TWC Name -

Number of Thera campaigns completed -

Factions Used -

Favourite Faction and reason -

Favourite Unit and reason -

Play frequency (daily, weekly, monthly,)

Things you like about Thera -

Things you dislike about Thera -

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Default Re: Player Profiles

TWC Name - Templar Knight

Number of Thera campaigns completed - 1 (i take it very slowly lol)

Factions Used - Teutonic Order, Romulli, aztecs, avalon

Favourite Faction and reason - Teutonic Knights, since they are super bad ass

Favourite Unit and reason - Ritterbruder-whats cooler that a knight with horns on his helmet?

Play frequency (daily, weekly, monthly,) 3-4 times a week on average

Things you like about Thera -How all the factions feel very unique and have there own play style. the battles also seem very balanced and the campaign ai is good.

Things you dislike about Thera -Ai turn lengths, and naval lag

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

TWC Name - jan_boruta

Number of Thera campaigns completed - 3 (ok, only 2 fully accomplished, but I'm very close with the third one)

Factions Used - Ducado de Sangre Valiente, Faustian Reich, Royaume de Bon Chevaliers (minor campaigns with Tahar Caliphate, Romuli Empire, Lao Che Khanate, Men of Wotan and Men of Valhalla)

Favourite Faction and reason - The Faustian Reich - atmoshpere, unit roster, exciting yet balanced starting position.

Favourite Unit and reason - Pikemen - ultra effective, great roleplay-wise, strong morale; simply put - wall of pointy death.

Play frequency (daily, weekly, monthly,) - used to play every day for half a year, from 2 up to 6 hours daily. (now I've got a laptop that doesn't handle M2TW, but next week I'm getting a new PC so I will get back to Thera! Currently I'm playing RTW with Rome Total Realism, End of Days and Chivalry Total War)

Things you like about Thera - very cohesive world, unique map, very strong atmoshpere, high replayability, uniqueness of each and every campaign and faction.

Things you dislike about Thera - naval lag and some factions clearly resembling Vanilla ones - so the things that will most likely disappear in version 3.

TWC Name - toluas

Number of Thera campaigns completed - a couple with different factions

Factions Used - I tried all except Wotan and the indigenous factions at least once (for some turns)

Favourite Faction and reason - Lao Che, just like their mongol-asian mix (and they were a new challenge when I first played them)

Favourite Unit and reason - Qin Yashima; whats cooler that a knight with horns on his helmet? (I just borrowed this, Templar!)

Play frequency (daily, weekly, monthly,) 3-4 times a week, but varies heavily

Things you like about Thera - being able to play a lot of different and cool factions, all well thought out and crafted

Things you dislike about Thera - turn times, naval lag and that all my favorite factions are located next to each other... (Lao Che, Uruks, Romuli)

GrumpyBean's Avatar Ordinarius

TWC Name - GrumpyBean

Number of Thera campaigns completed - 7

Factions Used - Avalon, Uruk Dominion, Romuli, De Bon Chaveliers, Faustian Reich, The Gaelic guys, Holy order of the Pale knight

Favourite Faction and reason - Uruk Dominion: Have very strong units and have a unique story line. Also they look awesome

Favourite Unit and reason - The Ly Kan because they are very VERY fast and very strong which is a deadly combonation in my opinion

Play frequency (daily, weekly, monthly,) - Almost daily if it weren't for school

Things you like about Thera - The choice of different play styles and cultures. Excellent unit diversity.

Things you dislike about Thera - When I play I feel spread out too thin because I have to travel so far to the neighboring settlement.
    Very funny and old tale of Mordor. The grass is always greener.
    Epic Tale of Thera, simply a masterpiece . Borissomeone's Tales of Thera.

Borissomeone's Avatar Citizen

TWC Name - Borissomeone

Number of Thera campaigns completed - 0...I like to change factions all the time to see how they play can't help myself.

Factions Used - Avalon, Uruk Dominion, Romuli, Holy order of the Pale knight, Lao Che Khanate.

Favourite Faction and reason - Romuli - Just love em, can't you tell by my fan fiction oh and cool units.

Favourite Unit and reason - The Legions of the Romuli, love watching them fight reminds of the days playing Rome and the good times.

Play frequency (daily, weekly, monthly,) - Mmmmm maybe every two weeks, spare time is FF time.

Things you like about Thera - The ides that Legionarri can fight so many different cultures, its just choice.

Things you dislike about Thera - The AI turn times....

Under the Patronage of TheFirstONeill.

TWC Name - crazyguy1916

Number of Thera campaigns completed - 0 (almost finished romuli campaign but hard drive died and I got new computer, and I like trying out factions)

Factions Used - Romuli, Lao Che, Tahar Caliphate, League of Privateers, Kukulcans, Pale Knights

Favourite Faction and reason - Romuli, really nice to see a Roman styled faction in M2TW, and they have beautiful (as well as deadly) units.

Favourite Unit and reason - The ninjas that have those hand grenades (can't remember name of them) I lol'd the first time when the grenades exploded into cannon-sized blasts.

Play frequency - usually weekley, has slowed down a bit due to school

Things you like about Thera - Interesting backstory, great new units, nice map, diverse factions

Things you dislike about Thera - Turn times, some parts of the map feel a little bare, and a few small bugs (biggest gripe being that Native American faction cities look middle-eastern on battle map)

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

TWC Name - Julianus Flavius

Number of Thera campaigns completed - None as of yet

Factions Used - Romuli, Faustian Reich, Avalon

Favourite Faction and reason - Romuli. Love good old legionary tactics

Favourite Unit and reason - Caesarian Legion - Legionaire exactly like the movies!

Play frequency (daily, weekly, monthly,) Monthly

Things you like about Thera - Lovely unit models, new and innovative ideas

Things you dislike about Thera - Sparse trees and mountains in campaign map, voices that keep referring to france and england (Just aesthetic things- no crashes or any seious problems!)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

IrishMADNESS's Avatar Libertus

TWC Name - IrishMADNESS

Number of Thera campaigns completed - ALL!!!

Factions Used - ALL!!!

Favourite Faction and reason - The Romuli Empire because of the uniqueness it brings to the game. Also it brings me back when playing RTW......I love it!!

Favourite Unit and reason - Praetoriani: They simply pwn everything and anything they set their swords on........including Teutonic knights

Play frequency (daily, weekly, monthly,) I've been playing this mod since the beginning and still loving it. I play it about every time i get a chance to get on the computer.

Things you like about Thera - I love the whole Damn mod. its so unique and soo different from the other "conventional" mods out there like TATW, or Dues le volt.....don't get me wrong they are excellent mods but lacks the cultural uniqueness and re-playability like this one.

Things you dislike about Thera -The only thing I really find disappointing is the length of waiting when the AI is doing theirs. Though it is understandable since there is soooo much in this mod

TWC Name -Fiach Dearg

Number of Thera campaigns completed - 4

Factions Used - romuli empire, uruk dominion, priviteers and gaelic nations

Favourite Faction and reason - gaelic nations-> Its just such a good feeling to be a small weak nation that eventually becomes an island empire. I mod mine so their starting units are weaker and I need mercenaries which needs stratigy for using the gold. I also like to see for how long I can have kings with the O'Neill Bloodline trait.

Favourite Unit and reason - Ostman really, they're cheap, you get them soon enough and they look cool.

Play frequency (daily, weekly, monthly,)-> I say ever 2-3 days.

Things you like about Thera - The diversity between factions, the many different units and the imagination put into culture and ancillaries.

Things you dislike about Thera -The time between turns and It'd be nice if the norselund and northern mesocala was more heavily forested,
    for those who believe no proof is neccisary,
    for those who dont believe, no proof is enough

Great feedback so far,

Some points worth noting
    Naval lag is caused by the island nature of the map and the large movement points of Admirals, tis is helped a little in version 3 by reducing the movement points of admirals

Long AI turns are again caused by the large map and large movement point allowances. The longest AI turns are caused when the AI engages in a naval battle during their turn.

As for barran landscapes, this is addressed by the map modification in V3, however it is important that people understand the lag that large amounts of trees on the strat map cause.

Thank you all for this wonderful feedback, it is a pleasure to have you in the small sub community we have created here.

Last edited by TheFirstONeill; October 30, 2009 at 10:33 PM.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

Irishmafia2020's Avatar Senator

TWC Name - Irishmafia2020

Number of Thera campaigns completed - 0, I am playing as Valhalla right now.

Factions Used - I've tried Romuli, Valhalla, Uruk, Lao Che, Gaelic Peoples

FavoriteFaction and reason - Lao Che is awesome. They have superb infantry and Awesome Cavalry. I like the Gaels, The Dracule, the Romuli, and the Dominion as well. I really love Valhalla's start position and Pagan nature.

FavoriteUnit and reason - Norse Raiders look like proper Vikings, Serbian Knights are Badass, That Samurai guy for Lao Che is awesome, The Romuli and Uruk units are generally impressive, although I think that the Dominion is simply overpowered. I also like the bee grenades of the Native tribes - very inventive! Lao Che also has grenade throwing swordsmen - I haven't seen them in action, but I am certain that they are a memorable unit.

Play frequency (daily, weekly, monthly,) 4-5 times a week currently (about 45 minutes before bed)

Things you like about Thera - I like the freedom to play in a world that is not like Earth (Romans vs Samurai vs Vikings vs Orks vs Native Americans vs crusader knights etc), I like the unit rosters, the lengthy campaign, the many provinces, and the rivalry inherent in faction placement. I like having multiple religions, especially the inclusion of several pagan faiths. I also really appreciate the regional recruitment (AOR) aspect.

Things you dislike about Thera -Naval battle lag, I don't like the names for Dracule units (vampyre knights), I think Lithuanian units should be added to Wotan (faction seems unfinished). Will Hungary be a faction? Will Rohan be a faction? Will their be a purely Greek inspired faction? Will their be a renaissance Italian faction (Medici Rebels)? The Spanish island has a much greater province density than the other islands. The map seems barren and empty, without trees or a fully fleshed out landscape. Are the castle siege pathfinding A.I. problems caused by the mod? Minor gripes really, I'm enjoying MTW more than I have since it was released.
    Last edited by Irishmafia2020; November 02, 2009 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishmafia2020 View Post
    Things you dislike about Thera -Naval battle lag, I don't like the names for Dracule units (vampyre knights), I think Lithuanian units should be added to Wotan (faction seems unfinished). Will Hungary be a faction? Will Rohan be a faction? Will their be a purely Greek inspired faction? Will their be a renaissance Italian faction (Medici Rebels)? The Spanish island has a much greater province density than the other islands. The map seems barren and empty, without trees or a fully fleshed out landscape. Are the castle siege pathfinding A.I. problems caused by the mod? Minor gripes really, I'm enjoying MTW more than I have since it was released.
    Again great feedback , I like the idea of the the lith units, unfortunaley there is a hardcoded limit of 500 differnet units, which has already been reached, so for every new unit , one has to be taken out. SO whilst V3 has new units the inclusion of another 10 or so that would be required isnt possible.

This is also the reason their are no more new factions, since they would have to a clone of an existing faction. If more factions were added, it would alter the AI expansion, which would be an overall negative. This is the reason the differnt rebel factions have been give names to imbue them with some identity. In V3 you will find that the spawned rebel armies will contain only elite units.

There are map beautifications on V3, but again this is eye ccandy that can effect the map speed an casue lag on such a big map if overdone. The current (V2) barren areas represent the steppe, desert and very northerly region which to my mind would be barren, also remember Thera is not a lush green world, it is a world which has been decimated and left barren by the great torment.

Ultra_Magnus's Avatar Semisalis

TWC Name - Ultra_Magnus

Number of Thera campaigns completed - None

Factions Used - Various (cant really remember) Privateers at the moment

Favourite Faction and reason - Not used many so cant really say but Romuli were fun to use and nice units.

Favourite Unit and reason - Need to play more to give a proper answer

Play frequency (daily, weekly, monthly,)- Thera- once a week (not enough really but RL is a )

Things you like about Thera - Nice map-Islands (I love island warfare), Each faction is different

Things you dislike about Thera - The lack of choke points on the map, I would like to see a few more around the core areas like faction starting areas, For me it would go a little further to explain how there are lots of different cultures ect if they are a little bit more seperated, Also my playing style is very much turtle...But with free upkeep in forts it goes someway to helping this out... Apart from that it is a well rounded mod that is enjoyable to play and makes a change from conventional mods!
    Last edited by Ultra_Magnus; November 04, 2009 at 04:54 AM.

TWC Name - Noble Savage

Number of Thera campaigns completed - 2

Factions Used - Lao Che Khanate , Romuli and Grand Duchy of Dracule

Favourite Faction and reason - Lao Che Khanate , I'm all for highly mobile death machines .

Favourite Unit and reason - Uruk Hai , Savage .

Play frequency (daily, weekly, monthly,) weekly.

Things you like about Thera - the diversity,the idea that I can invade any territory I want to without having to pass through countless kingdoms and the battle royale that seems to appear around turn 20 .

Things you dislike about Thera - No Hounds of Culaan
    Under the protection of jimkatalanos
    with further protection from
    Calvin R.I.P mate, Cúchulainn , Erebus26 , Paggers Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    and Future Filmmaker

TWC Name - SonOfAvalon

Number of Thera campaigns completed - 0

Factions Used - The Kingdom of Avalon

Favourite Faction and reason - T K of Avalon, because they're Cornish at heart...

Favourite Unit and reason - Knights Of Avalon, awesome charge,

Play frequency (daily, weekly, monthly,) daily so far....

Things you like about Thera - It's what the total war series needs; new blood

Things you dislike about Thera - Certain factions slow when taking they're turn, naval conflicts slow. (I've read the above comments about why these things happen, I may alter the Admiral movement points, any suggestions?)
    Last edited by SonOfAvalon; November 12, 2009 at 07:54 PM.

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

Welcome aboard, SonOfAvalon!
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

Thanx aduellist, I've just discovered this awesome mod, I've been playing Darth's and the SS mods and they felt stagnant, someone suggested this baby and here I am full convert.

Torvus's Avatar Campidoctor

TWC Name - Torvus

Number of Thera campaigns completed - none yet, I just downloaded it, but have been playing nearly non-stop since I did.

Factions Used - Romuli, Knights of Avalon, Grand Duchy of Dracule.

Favourite Faction and reason - Romuli, because I love me some Romans and I've always wanted to pit the Invincible Legions against the puny knights of the middle ages.

Favourite Unit and reason - Praetoriani. Legionaires? In black armor? doesn't get much cooler than that.

Play frequency (daily, weekly, monthly,) I've played about 20-30 hours in the week I've had the mod. basically, whenever life's not getting in the way.

Things you like about Thera - Did I mention how much I love Greek and Roman culture? the mixture of factions is awesome, the aggressiveness of the AI, the size and unique shape of the map. The increased number of free upkeep units. Getting to try and bribe Titus Pullo, Leonidas of Sparta, Alexander of Macedon and Hector of Troy into my service.

Things you dislike about Thera - some of the factions seem unfinished, unpolished. The battle maps that I get seem strange when I consider what the terrain of the campaign map looked like. also the barren landscape, but that's already been addressed.

A couple of sidenotes - I'm probably the only person you won't see complaining about the AI turns because I used to play EB all the time (there is no RTW, there is only EB...). which kinda ties into my next comment; I would love to see the Romuli get a pike phalanx unit. It would represent the other "side" of Greek warfare. Hoplites have been included, which is definitely very cool, however a pike phalanx would just brighten my day. That's all I've got for now.

Humakty's Avatar Tiro

TWC Name -Humakty

Number of Thera campaigns completed - 0, but at least fifteen ongoing...

Factions Used - All, but Inca, Wotan, mixed natives (can't get their name...).

Favourite Faction and reason - Varies greatly, Sycorax ATM, just love the low tech/high tech mix (musketeers, along with stone axe warriors in wooden armor !)

Favourite Unit and reason - Lao Che rocket elephant : deliriously good !

Play frequency (daily, weekly, monthly,) - At least weekly, Orbis modmod for Civ4 a lot too

Things you like about Thera - The great diversity it offers, even if some factions could get more fictionnal, to differenciate it more from base game. A short trip in boat and I'll be fighting Pirates, Crusaders or Uruks !

Things you dislike about Thera - Boat fighting, hopefully it doesn't happens that often, map is so big.
    Ten times more numerous, by night and backstabbing.

Senior member of the G.L.I.N..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast