Thread: Recruitable generals?

Foederatus

Default Recruitable generals?

Since my Macedonian royal family is kind of sterile (despite all of my best efforts) and they tend to die rather quickly (at least, compared to 4 turns-per-year mods) I would very much like to know if there are recruitable generals in DTW. I got used to that feature in other mods and I find it quite realistic (of course, you don't have to agree with me) - not that I couldn't very well continue to play DTW without it, but I'd like to know if it's there or not. Thank you in advance!

Default Re: Recruitable generals?

There are is a general unit you are able to recruit, however I don't think these go into your family tree. They simply stay as generals, I think anyway.
    If you don't have many family members the game should start trying to offer you adoptions to fill out the places and to keep up with losses. But you shouldn't just throw away family members in battle and clearing out your faction families gene pool haha. So protip: keep family members alive.

Foederatus

Thanks a lot! I know they won't go into the family tree, but I like to think of them as mercenary generals (and there where a lot of them in the Hellenistic era - in fact, even before, in the IVth century). They didn't show up yet in my building roster, but probably my barracks arent' advanced enough.

Sometimes when I have at least a half stack and win a moderate to hard battle,
    I usually am offered to adopt the general due to his good performance, so I think this will work to you too,
    and if it doesn't if you have enough money you can always steal some from other factions by bribing

Let us not forget how to behave Chivalrous - Chivalry is not dead.

if they don't have sons it's probably because your empire is not that large. The number of family members depends on the number of regions you have. I think the best solution is to keep your family members only as administrators in your cities, so you won't risk them in battle, while you use recruited generals in battles.

What building roster did you check? It's usually from the Imperial Palace you can get them I think.
    I like getting asked adoption of a Captain when they win a heroic victory, makes me proud haha.

u can recruit general units in Imperial Palace as Cal20 sayd

Foederatus

Thanks for the quick feed-back! It seemed that my problem is already solved, I will be able to recruit generals when I build the needed level of barracks. I know about adoptions and promoting captains, but, as far as I know, this only happens only when your generals to towns ratio is below 2/3. I'm not so desperate right now, just wanted to make sure I won't be left with only 2 or 3 generals in a couple of turns.