Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battle for Machu Picchu (Historical Battle)

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

Default Battle for Machu Picchu (Historical Battle)

BATTLE FOR MACHU PICCHU

FICTIONAL PLOT:

Machu Picchu, Peru, 1570 AD. Spanish Conquistadores knew from locals, Incas last stand is situated in the town fortress of Machu Picchu. Once at the feet of the mountain, Spanish army discovered taking the city will be not so easy as they thought. Infact the town's located at the top of the mountain and the only way to reach it, is climbing up along an hard path covered totally by the vegetation. From Machu Picchu is easy to control the traffic passing thru the valley. Incas noticed a big army coming towards them and they sent a part of their troops at the feet of mountain to patrol and protect the path, while the remaining one will stay in Machu Pichu to protect the town. Purpose of the Spanish player is to defeat the first wave of Incas, resisting till the arrival of your reinforcements, trying to lose less troops you can against the enemy shockwave and then take the city. Purpose of Incan player's to defend themselves againt the enemy, trying to defeat them before the arrival of Spanish reinforcements.

Unfortunately i had to use Mayans instead of Incas in game

PLAYABLE FACTIONS:

Mayans: they have two armies, one patrolling the site of Machu Picchu, the other one protecting the feet of the path. If you choose to play Mayans, you can select one of their two armies

Spain: they have one playable army. 10 minutes after the starting of map, your reinforcements will arrive and you can control them too. With your first army you have to resist against the first Mayan wave running to you, which will make you lots of casualties

HINTS:

- First Spanish army has time to deploy the troops on the field, so deploy them carefully using you brain. Resist 10 mins and reinforcements will arrive to save you
    - Once you take the path to reach the town, dont run soldiers to cross it quickly! your troops will suffer the fatigue very easily
    - Dont lose your artillery or besieging the city will be impossible then

WHAT'S NEW ON THE MAP:

- Landscape created at 100% manually
    - Machu Pichu at the top of mountain, surrounded by Huayna Picchu mountain (recreated in a mini way naturally)
    - Path hidden by vegetation to reach Machu Picchu from the feet of the mountain
    - Loading screen picture
    - Snapshot picture

NOTES:

- Unfortunately Medieval II has lots of hardcoded things, i couldnt recreate Machu Picchu site exactly as it was, so i had to use a Mayan city as default settlement
    - To balance the game, i upgraded just the Conquistadores
    - AI is not scripted because i dunno how to do it

SCREENSHOTS:

README:

- Open the .rar and copy the folder inside it and paste it to:

Medieval II Total War\mods\americas\data\world\maps\battle\custom

PS= You dont need to unpack the game, to play it

FILE:

http://rapidshare.de/files/48575982/...icchu.rar.html

Have a nice game! Post your feedbacks here then (eventual bugs too)

Last edited by DAVIDE; October 24, 2009 at 05:06 PM.

Default Re: Battle for Machu Picchu (Historical Battle)

This looks awesome !

Really cool davide

Makes me want to go back

thanks guys. This map required me 3 days of work, AI is not scripted because i dunno how to do it.

EDIT: mini mod added in downloads section too
    Last edited by DAVIDE; October 24, 2009 at 05:16 PM.

Orko's Avatar Praeses

KEWL
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

woow man really cool work Iam nicely surprised +rep

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

cool

thanks

EVYATAR's Avatar EvyatarNevoDesign

great idea!
    download now! it for kingdoms, yes?
    R.I.P Blackomur | The Shadow of Ishtar | Proud to be israeli
    My Tutorial | My Workshop | I.A.F Web | 2D Artist & Skinner

Screenshots taken from my last game on Machu Picchu, which ended with a "draw"

Conquistadores climbing up thru the path

There's to say, it's true i upgraded just the Conquistadores, but this had a purpose to balance the game. Infact Spanish army, even with superior numbers and equipment, thanks to the weight of their armors will be "exausted" and will suffer the fatigue easily than opponents crossing the path, even if they are walking! This because the path i created is "tough" and made with the purpose to "decrease the freshness" of their army. So when Spanish will arrive in the plain of Machu, their superiority will be replaced by their body tiredness. Their strenght will become also their greatest weakness.

Players which use Mayans, can choose multiple ways to beat Spanish. A good way i tasted is to retire the Mayan army at the feet of mountain, and move it in the middle of the path hidden by vegetation, to hit the opponent with missile troops from the top or creating "ambushes", considering the freshness decreasement of Conquistadores climbing up the path. So playing with Mayans will be a good way to improve your tactic and strategic abilities..

If you play Spain, i hint you to kill all the Mayan first wave because when they will escape (especially when your reinforcements arrives), they will cross the path too instead of going out of border, to search protection in the town fortress of Machu Picchu. Doing so, Machu Picchu garrison will be more "numerous" ( im very proud of this thing, i mean Mayans retreating crossing the path to get safe in Machu Picchu )

Quote Originally Posted by EVYATAR View Post
    great idea!
    download now! it for kingdoms, yes?
    yes, the American expansion
    Last edited by DAVIDE; October 25, 2009 at 12:25 PM.

wow, amazing, great job. And this is so historical. Everything looed so nice...until...one comes to think...wasnt machu picchu an INCA settlement? When did the Maya conquer it???? My God is it really 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by meliritos View Post
    wow, amazing, great job. And this is so historical. Everything looed so nice...until...one comes to think...wasnt machu picchu an INCA settlement? When did the Maya conquer it???? My God is it really 2012?

Machu Picchu was Inca but in MedII, they are not present as faction at all. So i chose a faction who aesthetically was close to them. In this case Mayans, considering even the green used by the faction as default, who can be used to camouflage them between the vegetation. Mayans never conquered Machu. Spaniards never conquered Machu. It's just a fictional battle

I clicked on the down load link and apparantly the file could not be found.
    I was really looking forward to playing this so could you please re-upload the file?
    thanks

Yeh, please re-upload the file.

yes please do that i want to play it too but link is dead

KDK's Avatar Pro Rege Et Grege

Looks awsome, but a re-up wouldnt hurt

i was absent for so long due to pc damaged by a thunderstorm...

here the files

Quote Originally Posted by davide.cool View Post
    i was absent for so long due to pc damaged by a thunderstorm...

here the files
    Thanks alot for the upload of the files, downloaded it now, just about to play it. Im really excited about this!!! Thanks again

u're welcome

The file is deleted !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast