Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HIGHLANDER MOD newer version hopefully fixes compatability issues some people had

Default HIGHLANDER MOD newer version hopefully fixes compatability issues some people had

Highlander Mod

Hello everyone this is my first actual post so bear with me I'm new. There are plenty of mods with extra new units but this mod is just a little edit for those of you who have wanted to see more scots in Empire total war. Sure the Blackwatch is great but what about those highland infantry from the demo, or the fearsome clansmen? Well here they are.

Mod Includes

Highland Infantry Unit: Should work I havent actually tested them since they are unavailable in custom battle but my building browser says I can make them at the 3rd or 4th level english barracks. Only recruitable in Edinburgh (spelling) and available to most factions as long as they control scotland.

EDIT* Tested Highland Infantry work great although they have a build limit of 2 I will work on correcting that. They are recruitable in Scotland at the 3rd level barracks

Double EDIT* I figured out how to eliminate the build limit but until I can put it into a package without uploading the entire main patch.pack you guys will have to deal with it. Again forgive my noobness in modding.

Triple Edit.....(shakes head slowly)...* Updated to remove the build limit sorry for delay It was late and I pulled a blank on what should have been easy.....

Highland Clansmen: Tested, available in custom battle early as Britain and from the very start of the campaign as Britain in the first level barracks in Edinburgh. Also available to most factions so long as they control Scotland.

Compatibility: I play with Darth mod CE and it runs great untested in vanilla but since the models etc. are already in the games files it should be okay. I can't speak for other mods but your welcome to post feedback.

Sixtuple? EDIT* User.script entry is mod "Highland_mod.pack" so put the file in your data folder then type the User entry in your user script file

Credit Goes to Lt. Chambers for his awesome tool and Swiss Halberdier the creator of the original Additional units mod for the inspiration. Feel free to +rep them instead of me.

(sorry its only available in 7z format since I dont have winrar or zip and I am kind of new to archiving will update as soon as I figure it out)
    Last edited by KBUNZY; May 06, 2009 at 02:38 PM.

Cheshire Cat's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Highlander Mod

Hi Kbunzy and welcome im pretty new myself but learning loads from the more exp modders out there ill give your highlanders a whirl *joke* at some point would be good to see the highland charge....

Yeah Thanks Chesire Cat these modders are awesome I feel like a total noob compared these guys Im just bumbling my way through the code with the pack manager. Anyway Ill try to update this as best I can.

Kave-In's Avatar Libertus

I just uninstalled 7z cuz I never had call to use it (tut)

Cheers for this mod m8 and welcome

Edit : winRAR opens this file anyway m8 so np
    Last edited by Kave-In; April 25, 2009 at 07:32 PM.

Montano5's Avatar Libertus

Hi !

To change the unit limit, you found it in db --> units_tables --> units
    Then right click on unit and select "Extract Selected to" (certainly the way you've done it with others changes of your mod) and choose as a target directory the directory where is your mod.
    Open your mod, import with "add files" the units_tables. If you want to increase other mods compatibility, delete all the units but highlanders with del key so you only do changes on highlanders.

7zip may compress file in standard zip format, the first option on adding file is the format you want to use to compress it (7z, tar or zip)

hope it helps a bit

sweet thx man I kept hitting the change file button but it was getting an error or something so I gave up and just changed my patch.pack but I think I got it now

Default Re: HIGHLANDER MOD UPDATED

No problem

I've just checked your file and yep, you've done it right !

Hello Montano5,

about 5 minutes ago I've checked your pack file and only one litte suggestion:

change the name of the three tables from "aum_units_stats_land" to probably "hm_units_stats_land". "hm" would stand for your "Highlander Mod".

It's not a problem but if you add this "prefix" in the three table names, it is sure that your mod never gets any conflict with other mods.

Happy modding and a good evening!
    Swiss Halberdier

Lol yeah I dont think I changed the tables either Swiss I think I imported your tables instead of the original files cuz the file was smaller and there was less to sort through ill fix that plus rename the file Highlander.7z lol not higlander

Hmm now all we need is a bagpipe march soud and for someone to figure out the hat dilemma so we can deck out our scotin all there ostritch feathered glory

I'm interested in trying out your mod. I dont use the mod manager. Playing Darthmod...

Install instructions would be nice..

I'm surprised nobody has redone skins for the highland units. Those purple kilts on Highland infantry really dont look that great. If they just all had the dark green, or red kilts... Plus the unit cards colors dont match the actual units.

Thx
    Last edited by Lucius Tiberius Vorenus; April 29, 2009 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Hello Montano5,

about 5 minutes ago I've checked your pack file and only one litte suggestion:

change the name of the three tables from "aum_units_stats_land" to probably "hm_units_stats_land". "hm" would stand for your "Highlander Mod".

It's not a problem but if you add this "prefix" in the three table names, it is sure that your mod never gets any conflict with other mods.

Happy modding and a good evening!
    Swiss Halberdier
    Hi Swiss Halberdier,
    Thanks for the tip, I didn't know we could add a tag prefix to the files name for personalisation without any problem

Can't get this mod working with Darthmod 1.7. I think it might have something to do with the script entry. I placed the main file in the data folder, then tried the user script text entry.

I tried:

mod Highland_mod.pack;

So I ended up with:

mod TGOTRE_CE_db.pack;
    mod TGOTRE_officers.pack;
    mod TGOTRE_graphics.pack;
    mod "lego.pack";
    mod Highland_mod.pack;
    mod darthmod.pack;

Game crashed on launch.

Same here...even if I remove all other mods the game crashes at the start.

Before the patch and after patching too...

Sad, I would like to have the scots...

really sorry my install instructions must be wrong im no pro Ill have to check my own script I don't always get to play between school and other stuff.

Is there an update to how to add it manually to your scrip file?

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Nice mod, funny sending my Scots across the world. Wish my game didn't CTD on that campaign though.

Judging from the feedback, does this mod work or not?

It works for me however the build limit of 2 is still present.
    V
    General Valantine of Bossumton
    Lord Lieutenant of the Cinque Ports
    Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast