Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Bugs, Problems Thread

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Bugs, Problems Thread

Filehosting link worked ok and have reinstalled but I can’t get the menu movie I get this message when i try to activate it and I’ve no idea what its about

“Tar has detected that custom DMUC menu movie file is currently active. You must deactivate the DMUC menu file via the DMUC launcher before activating the TAR menu movie”.

For the players that play as US and want FoW back (and the smoke) they can do this: Go in ETW/data/campaigns and in the folder of the mod you are plying (that is only for GC 1775 or GC 1783) open scripting.lua with notepad. Find the last "local function" (about at the end of the document) and delete the line "scripting.game_interface:show_shroud(false)". If later you want to play same campaign as another faction you have to add again the same line or you should see nothing.
    Last edited by husserlTW; November 01, 2009 at 02:11 PM.

Thanks husserlTW. Is this save game compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by WilliVonBill View Post
    Thanks husserlTW. Is this save game compatible?
    Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Yes it is.
    Hmmmm... no joy, I'm afraid. Deleted the line in the scripting.lua for the 1775 campaign (I'm playing as USA), but still no lovely smoke from my mischief upon the British farms, mines, and such.

raistlinmajere8's Avatar Ordinarius

Husser, I am playing as the Brits in the 1783 Grand Campaign. Sorry, this leads to another problem I've been having. Sometimes, a lot of times, I don't get a notification when my buildings have been raided or captured, hence the not knowing about my port being captured, destroyed and then abandoned. With the smoke It would have been easy, but at this time in my campaign I control at least 25 ports throughout the world and its kinda hard keeping track of things when for one: the smoke doesn't work, and two: the notifications don't always alert me to the happenings in my country.

OH and I kinda don't like that I can see everything happening in the world. I greatly prefer DArth's settings as having FOW. Anyway I can accomplish this? I tried what you said Husser, and same thing as the poster above. Doesn't work. And this is with a brand new US campaign that I started just to check it out.

Cheers guys! I love this mod and I will keep you informed of other things I find!
    Last edited by raistlinmajere8; November 01, 2009 at 04:57 PM.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by raistlinmajere8 View Post
    Husser, I am playing as the Brits in the 1783 Grand Campaign. Sorry, this leads to another problem I've been having. Sometimes, a lot of times, I don't get a notification when my buildings have been raided or captured, hence the not knowing about my port being captured, destroyed and then abandoned. With the smoke It would have been easy, but at this time in my campaign I control at least 25 ports throughout the world and its kinda hard keeping track of things when for one: the smoke doesn't work, and two: the notifications don't always alert me to the happenings in my country.

OH and I kinda don't like that I can see everything happening in the world. I greatly prefer DArth's settings as having FOW. Anyway I can accomplish this? I tried what you said Husser, and same thing as the poster above. Doesn't work. And this is with a brand new US campaign that I started just to check it out.

Cheers guys! I love this mod and I will keep you informed of other things I find!
    At the turn end if a building has been raided an alert appears and the Magnifiying glass on the bottom left hand corner appears, click that and it takes you to the building in question that needs fixing etc..if you look up this page at post 62 husserlTW posted a fix if you wish to play with smoke? give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliVonBill View Post
    Hmmmm... no joy, I'm afraid. Deleted the line in the scripting.lua for the 1775 campaign (I'm playing as USA), but still no lovely smoke from my mischief upon the British farms, mines, and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by raistlinmajere8 View Post

O.K. It was true that in GC 1775 didn't work but for GC 1783 it works as you can see in next image:

About GC 1775 there is something more you have to do which I didn't know about it. It is only for GC 1775: Open sartpos.esf and go in [...]CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/FACTION_ARRAYS/FACTION (US is the first one)/CAMPAIGN_SHROUD and change False to True.

raistlinmajere8's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    At the turn end if a building has been raided an alert appears and the Magnifiying glass on the bottom left hand corner appears, click that and it takes you to the building in question that needs fixing etc..if you look up this page at post 62 husserlTW posted a fix if you wish to play with smoke? give it a try.

No yea I understand that. The problem is, that when a building or something IS raided, that message never appears. Its happened more than a couple of times now, I distinctly remember that.

Now since it is so important the FoW here is how you can have it for the other factions except US. First to understand what is going on in startpos and in [...]CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/REGION_MANAGER/REGIONS_ARRAY/REGION there is the subrecord LINE_OF_SIGHT which is empty because in vanilla you can play only as US. So you must replace it with a full one. To do that you'll need to use the startpos of my mod All playable which you can find here (it is the first one). To be easier use EsfEditor 1.4.5 updated by erasmus777. Now:

1. Start the game and write down all the starting regions of your faction.
    2. Open startpos of TAR campaign (GC 1775 or GC 1783) and All playable mod in the same instance of the Editor and not side by side.
    3. Go in every startpos in [...]CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_MODEL/WORLD/REGION_MANAGER/REGIONS_ARRAY so you can see the list with all the regions. As you can see erasmus has added labels so it is easier to find the regions you want.
    4. Find the region in Tar and in All playable (e.g new_france). As you can see LINE_OF_SIGHT in my startpos has subrecords (you don't want to know how I've done it, believe me!!!) but not in TAR.
    5. Right click on my LINE_OF_SIGHT, copy, right click on REGION in TAR, paste. Right click on old empty LINE_OF_SIGHT in TAR and delete. The REGION record in TAR should show like this:

6. Repeat with the rest of the regions.

When you finish save startpos. You still need to do the actions I've posted in my previous posts for scripting.lua (in both campaigns) and in startpos only for GC 1775.

If one person does this for all factions is a huge work as you can see, since GC1775 and GC1783 have more than 180 regions both of them. But if you do it just for the faction you play it is much fewer and easier. If you want you can help the rest of the players by sharing your effort. If you want to do this, after you check that it works fine open startpos right click on REGIONS_MANAGER and extract it somewhere on your desktop. Zip it and uploaded here as an attachment so I can gather all regions together and build a complete one. I hope that you will not fix only Britain but you make some other factions (which have even fewer regions)
    Last edited by husserlTW; November 01, 2009 at 06:47 PM.

TSD's Avatar Ordinarius

Having an issue, year 1800, 1783 GC. hanging on prussia's turn. Not sure what they are doing to cause the hang. Ive let it sit for about 15 mins still nothing. Ive tried all sorts of diplomacy options before ending my turn. alliance/ declare war etc etc. I am playing as the US and have had no direct involvement with Prussia or its allies/enemies to this point. So unfortunately this issue seems out of my control from a diplomacy standpoint and this campaign is dead in the water for now.

Then again it could just be a CA bug, i havent really played a full empire campaign before, i kinda gave it up about 3 weeks after the game came out until the random crashing got fixed (which seems to be gone nowadays, I havent had the game actually crash once yet, and before Id get campaign map crashes at least once every few turns randomly)
    Last edited by TSD; November 02, 2009 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TSD View Post
    Having an issue, year 1800, 1783 GC. hanging on prussia's turn. Not sure what they are doing to cause the hang. Ive let it sit for about 15 mins still nothing. Ive tried all sorts of diplomacy options before ending my turn. alliance/ declare war etc etc. I am playing as the US and have had no direct involvement with Prussia or its allies/enemies to this point. So unfortunately this issue seems out of my control from a diplomacy standpoint and this campaign is dead in the water for now.

Then again it could just be a CA bug, i havent really played a full empire campaign before, i kinda gave it up about 3 weeks after the game came out until the random crashing got fixed (which seems to be gone nowadays, I havent had the game actually crash once yet, and before Id get campaign map crashes at least once every few turns randomly)
    As you see crashes have not gone completely though they are much fewer than before. To be fare with CA hardware is sometimes responsible for random crashes, due to RAM problems. Also if there are many saved_games in your game save folder, it is a reason for (rare) random crashes. Another rare crash is some fleet stuck with another somewhere on the global map (especially in narrow straights).

Now in your case, crashing on Prussia does not mean that the problem is with Prussia, it could be with any other faction that Prussia is in contact. If you are interesting to find a clue about it you can make last auto_saved_game a startpos.esf file, start the campaign as Prussia and check it. You can find here a how to make hybrid startpos. If you proceed to that don't forget to Keep a buck up of your startpos first.

TSD's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    As you see crashes have not gone completely though they are much fewer than before. To be fare with CA hardware is sometimes responsible for random crashes, due to RAM problems. Also if there are many saved_games in your game save folder, it is a reason for (rare) random crashes. Another rare crash is some fleet stuck with another somewhere on the global map (especially in narrow straights).

Now in your case, crashing on Prussia does not mean that the problem is with Prussia, it could be with any other faction that Prussia is in contact. If you are interesting to find a clue about it you can make last auto_saved_game a startpos.esf file, start the campaign as Prussia and check it. You can find here a how to make hybrid startpos. If you proceed to that don't forget to Keep a buck up of your startpos first.
    I managed to get past it. I built my rep with prussia, did some technology trading with them, then when it came to their turn after the end turn this time, they offered me a trade at their turn, and then it successfully moved forward, now I am in the year 1809 so I moved quite a bit beyond where I got stuck and so far everything is moving along famously. and love the mod, I am like a kid in a candy store when deciding which American units to build. instead of continuing on with old hatreds with britain, we formed an alliance, and war with spain and france just broke out after the spanish declared war and sacked a british city. It made more sense to me, there was more to gain financially with a future war with Spain than Britain.

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Icon10 Re: Bugs, Problems Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TSD View Post
    I managed to get past it. I built my rep with prussia, did some technology trading with them, then when it came to their turn after the end turn this time, they offered me a trade at their turn, and then it successfully moved forward, now I am in the year 1809 so I moved quite a bit beyond where I got stuck and so far everything is moving along famously. and love the mod, I am like a kid in a candy store when deciding which American units to build. instead of continuing on with old hatreds with britain, we formed an alliance, and war with spain and france just broke out after the spanish declared war and sacked a british city. It made more sense to me, there was more to gain financially with a future war with Spain than Britain.
    Hey, it's your mod now brother, lead America the way you see fit

glad you were able to get it going

hip63

Everything seems to be working fine except if I try to 'disable drum and fife sounds' in the advanced options menu, I get a CTD upon loading screen. If I choose one of the options then I don't. Any reason for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
    Everything seems to be working fine except if I try to 'disable drum and fife sounds' in the advanced options menu, I get a CTD upon loading screen. If I choose one of the options then I don't. Any reason for this?
    Have you downloaded the Hotfix??

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

Hi all

i am having a serious problem with downloading mediafront files (18 rars +selfinstaller) the main problem is file part no.5.
    long story short i have tried from 3 different pc's and even a superfast fiber optic connection and the file always crashes out.

every other file downloaded without a hitch or even a restart, my file manager cant even help me as any pause/lag/ etc causes the file to stop downloading.

as i say i could break it down to pc or connection error but every other file has downloaded successfully

please someone help!?!?

EDit: since postin i have attempted 3 more times and all 3 failed here is the latest maybe you can make heads or tails of it
    Last edited by ♔DARTH LEGO♔; November 05, 2009 at 05:14 AM.

sorry file attached on this post.....

this was the latest crash, just to reiterate all other files are dandy.....

Edit:

this is the best one i ahve had yet....
    Last edited by ♔DARTH LEGO♔; August 07, 2010 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BayonetFodder View Post
    sorry file attached on this post.....

this was the latest crash, just to reiterate all other files are dandy.....

Edit:

this is the best one i ahve had yet....
    Forget that download and try these:

DEPOSITFILES.COM LINK: (requires Update 7)
    http://depositfiles.com/en/files/9r16br4xr
    OR
    FILEHOSTING.ORG LINK: (requires Update 7)
    http://www.filehosting.org/file/deta...aller_v1_3.exe

Hi toon

i appreciate that but one thing i have to clarify... i still live in south africa aka armpit of the universe and our telecommunications is want for a better word...shite.

those 2 links i have both tried and they both bomb out on me at exactly a gig, twice!!! and too be perfectly honest i dont have unlimited bandwidth or cheap for that matter and so far the broken links have cost me a small fortune ( i could of bought empire 4x times already). this is why like dmuc i had to download 1 or 2 links at a time painstakingly over the past few weeks.....in a nutshell i dont have any choice in the matter.

so unless someone can make a plan for me i have to forget about TAR.

Please dont misunderstand i know for you guys it really isnt your problem but us fans way down south dont have cool things like bulldog internet or BT unlimited plan, so any help would be welcomed.

BF

edit: my plight is illustarted by the fact that i have 400mb left on my account and i cant download from thos links
    Last edited by ♔DARTH LEGO♔; November 05, 2009 at 06:50 AM.