Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: Bugs, Problems Thread

Default Re: Bugs, Problems Thread

Quote Originally Posted by major_payne View Post
    i just stareted a campain right now. i wasn't able to see any type of roads and trinidad wasn't a province. i also noticed, that french guyanna dosn't have a spice plantation and the entire campain map is visual. are there any fixes for this? is it possible to use the 4 turns per year mod and the ragalia of spanky flag mod?
    Although you don't mention which campaign is this you're playing, I am pretty sure that is GC 1775. This is based on RTI 3 map where there are these differences form american map of grand campaign (or warpath), so it is normal. If you want FoW back remove this line: scripting.game_interface:show_shroud(false), from last local function of scripting lua but you have to deal with it if you don't play as US (there is a tutorial about it). Last, the invisible roads is a matter of modfoldering and I believe that soon hip63 will check it.

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Icon4 Re: Bugs, Problems Thread

If you are replacing the startpos in the empire total war\data\campaigns\1775_Main or the empire total war\data\campaigns\1783_Main, then you will have issue because the new startpos file is not set up for the modfoldering.

from alpaca's thread, located here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=293150

Editing startpos.esf
    Before the game can properly work with the files, we need to tell it that the campaign it's loading when using our newly-copied startpos has another name. So open the file in ESFEditor.

We have to edit two entries, marked red in the image below.

In CAMPAIGN_PREOPEN_MAP_INFO change the first entry from main to 1775_Main or 1783_Main depending on which one you are replacing. The same has to be done for the first entry in CAMPAIGN_ENV/CAMPAIGN_SETUP, then we're already done here. Save and exit.

This will get the startpos file to work and you should see the roads.

hip63

Biarchus

Can someone explain to me why i get this message. Thank you

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ztrain909 View Post
    Can someone explain to me why i get this message. Thank you
    This means you got a corrupt download,please try again!

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

After installing V1.00:

Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    After installing V1.00:

Thats what i said earlier, you need to redownload it must be a connection error with broadband and files

GearsFreak86's Avatar Foederatus

Well, I have a slight problem. I have been playing this mod for days now and his has just been...awesome. But today I start it up....and it's just the regular vanilla version. I have tried everything. Shut down my computer, trying every option on the menu. Nothing works. Can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by GearsFreak86 View Post
    Well, I have a slight problem. I have been playing this mod for days now and his has just been...awesome. But today I start it up....and it's just the regular vanilla version. I have tried everything. Shut down my computer, trying every option on the menu. Nothing works. Can anyone help?
    Do you not have the Icon on your desktop anymore?? (American flag), did someone uninstall your game maybe??

Have you installed any other mod meanwhile?

I did the latest update and now it works. Everything is fine now.

New problem. Everything was fine until th power went out and now I try to go to the Revolution Campaign 1775, it's back to vanilla and when I go to start campaign I get a CTD. Everything else, the RTI campaign and and the GC 1783 works. Any ideas?

New problem. Everything was fine until th power went out and now I try to go to the Revolution Campaign 1775, it's back to vanilla and when I go to start campaign I get a CTD. Everything else, the RTI campaign and and the GC 1783 works. Any ideas?
    Power went out???? did you have power cut!! just reboot PC and start again

No, it was storming here and yes I just rebooted. As I said before ALL of the other aspects of the Mod works but the Revolution Campaign. it just the regular vanilla game. Everything else is fine. I only mentioned the stormy weather just in case a surge would have done damage. I ahd that happen a few years ago with a computer.
    Last edited by GearsFreak86; October 29, 2009 at 10:09 PM.

I reset the scripts and now it works. But I didn't do any changes on them though. Odd.

raistlinmajere8's Avatar Ordinarius

Well I have been playing for two days straight now basically, all because of the two feet of snow we got here. Crazy stuff, school was canceled yesterday and today, and tomorrow I don't have school so I've just been conquering the world with the Prussians

The only problems I have are the aforementioned road invisibility problems, and a new one. On the campaign map, the black smoke that appears over raided buildings and such never appears.

Oh and sometimes during battle, the enemy will march all their Line Infantry Units up to within like two feet of my Line Infranty. They will march up that close, set up their line, and start firing. Kinda weird..... Definitely wayyyy too close too be forming a firing line.

A lot of my battles just end up being melee brawls because of this...

And I just remembered that sometimes my Fire By Rank technology doesn't seem to work. By that I mean during battle, my Line Infantry won't fire by Rank. Only the first Rank will fire...

Hopefully future updates will be save game compatible!!
    Last edited by raistlinmajere8; October 30, 2009 at 04:45 AM.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

I tried downloading on megaupload and an error message came on screen. The same thing happened when I downloaded the TAR installer from fileplanet. I'm wondering could the problem have anything to do with me having the preferences.txt file on "read only" to keep my unit multipliers from defaulting to "1" when I exit the game?

Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    I tried downloading on megaupload and an error message came on screen. The same thing happened when I downloaded the TAR installer from fileplanet. I'm wondering could the problem have anything to do with me having the preferences.txt file on "read only" to keep my unit multipliers from defaulting to "1" when I exit the game?

I have no idea but try it!! and report back

Biarchus

Thank you Toon, it was this link that worked for me.http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/67638/TAR_Installer_v1_3.exe . The mod is really beautiful. Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by ztrain909 View Post
    Thank you Toon, it was this link that worked for me.http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/67638/TAR_Installer_v1_3.exe . The mod is really beautiful. Great job!
    Glad you got it working mate

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Before posting lenghty storys and questions i have 1 question first guys;Is it right that the TAR mods show up in Modmanager, unticked ?
    And do i have to tick them and so on ? or do nothing ?

Thanks in advance!