Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: OFFICIAL: Bugs, Problems Thread

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Default Re: Bugs, Problems Thread

Well mate im totally in the dark here now im afraid

Have you fiddled around a bit? like resetting the scripts through the diagnostics option in the menu(and adding the hotfix line after that!!)
    Then checking the scripts one by one and see what script is active in your back up folder?
    And verifying your game through steam ?

I have redownloaded the mod into my own Empire tonight and i got NO problems playing the mod

I used the mega-Upload files for the main installer,maybe you should try that as well ?

Wve got over 40000 downloads and we have had our installation issues and problems of course, but all issues were solved eventually,except yours

If you have the time id try those mega-upload links and see if those will solve the issue for you(maybe the ones you used were corrupted in someway
    That happens sometimes unfortunately

If you decide to give it one more try,i suggest you look at post 413 in this thread!
    Here you can see my step to step instructions for a same-like problem/solution that worked,and i advice you to follow that explanation step by step
    When that doesnt work either im out of options mate!

I have got some good news though,and that is that TAR II is Now really on its way!!

Itll be here soon ,so maybe you should wait for that?

Anyways sorry for all the hassle sofar
    regards

Default Re: Bugs, Problems Thread

Oh and btw,i have repped you for your perseverence Sir !

Cheers!!

Default Re: OFFICIAL: Bugs, Problems Thread

I have problems getting to to work,
    I did a clean install of empire, removed the whole old empire folder to make sure there were no old files lurking around
    I removed the script thingy
    Installed the main mod, then the 8.1 update, and I just get a CTD after a few moments after the game starts

I don't see what I did wrong, I even tried to restart steam just to see if it helped

OK,well firstly welcome to the TAR forums and thank you for playing our Mod!

Now the problem;Did you install the Hotfix ?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=331150

I placed the hotfix in the data folder, but I don't have the script file, so I can't add the text line to it.

For the script folder;
    Go to your search function on your pc and type in; Creative Assembly,but make sure to have the function ''search hidden folders'' enabled as the CA folder is often Hidden !
    Double click Creative Asembly when youve found it and it will open;then youll see the Empire folder and in this folder there is a Script folder !

Welcome to the forums and let us know if you got it working!

Ok, so I was playing Empire and a couple other mods, when I thought that I wanted a mod that focused on the Revolution. So, I downloaded and installed this. I have not installed the hotfix, as it is downloading right now. But this after installing this mod, the game doesnt work. Vanilla, TAR, Darth, and ETF all dont work. Thanks for the help in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by jcain View Post
    Ok, so I was playing Empire and a couple other mods, when I thought that I wanted a mod that focused on the Revolution. So, I downloaded and installed this. I have not installed the hotfix, as it is downloading right now. But this after installing this mod, the game doesnt work. Vanilla, TAR, Darth, and ETF all dont work. Thanks for the help in advance.
    Ok,firstly welcome to the forums Jcain !

Youll have to install TAR 1.8 in a clean Empire !(Darth Mod files can be disabled if you have DM,the rest has to be taken out!)

Furthermore the Hotfix is required,or TAR 1.8 will Not work!

Keep us posted please !

It works! Thank you MorganH! Another question:what is Mod Manager, how do i use it, and is it possible to switch between TAR and DM without deleting them? I know how to deactivate DM, but i dont know about TAR. I love both mods, and dont want to have to delete either of them.

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

mod manager is very very VERY bad for TAR and DMUC

TAR 2.0 will have a mod deactivation button just like DMUC

hip63

Great! thanks for warning me! Great job on the mod, its so much fun. I love how you can play as Pirates, although they are different to play as Thanks again guys!

EDIT: well I tried deactivating the files to play DM for awhile, but DM wont start with the same error as before. It gets to the very first screen, then stops working after a little. How do you Deactivate the TAR files? I think I did it wrong
    Last edited by jcain; October 29, 2010 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcain View Post
    Great! thanks for warning me! Great job on the mod, its so much fun. I love how you can play as Pirates, although they are different to play as Thanks again guys!

EDIT: well I tried deactivating the files to play DM for awhile, but DM wont start with the same error as before. It gets to the very first screen, then stops working after a little. How do you Deactivate the TAR files? I think I did it wrong
    You cannot ''deactivate'' the TAR 1.8 Mod,youll have to manually take it all out(or uninstall),delete save games and TAR userscripts,verify through steam and then ''activate ''(Install)whichever Mod you want next.
    You could save the TAR files somewhere on your pc and place them back later(after youve cleared the Empire game again)

Juggernaut,i have moved your post onyour beta issue here;
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=404863&page=7

to avoid beta feedback confusion!

(We are deliberating atm on how to manage the tech/beta threads in future!
    And i made an error, so i deleted,but i saved your lines and quoted you there again lol
    sry mate!)

I think you will see that other users,me as well,are suffering from the same error,so please check it out

Thank you!
    Last edited by MorganH.; November 21, 2010 at 10:17 AM.

Thanks mate, i'll check it out!
    If you rep me, leave your name. I'll look more kindly on your future transgressions.

raistlinmajere8's Avatar Ordinarius

I'm getting a lot of CTDing while on the campaign map. Like at least once an hour. Not quite sure what's going on... I've got the latest patch installed, I've done like two clean re-installs of both ETW and TAR now... and I still just keep getting CTD's on campaign map.

Crashing to desktop when I load a campaign game or custom battle. NTW and V. Empire do the same thing.

Verified game cache, rebooted, uninstalled-reinstalled.... no luck.

Please post all issues with TAR 2.0 in the TAR 2 feedback thread;
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=404863

Thank you.

Temporarily Closed !