Thread: Problem in "custom" campaign

ProdigalSon's Avatar Foederatus

Default Problem in "custom" campaign

I'm making a Mithridatic Wars campaign by modding the Phyrrhic Wars one for my enjoyment. If you (Redfox/the team) wish/allow it could also be released as a submod/extra campaign.

But I face one problem. When trying to select some of the settlements, the game ctd. Any clue what causes this? One idea i had was not having the faction creators in the campaign, but i have changed them in existing factions.
    Hey Moral Soldier you've got righteous proclamations,
    And precious tomes to fuel your pulpy conflagrations.

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Default Re: Problem in "custom" campaign

When you select a settlement and it crashes, it's because there's a character in the settlement that has invalid traits. Remove the traits (just comment out the line) and try again, then find the culprit trait.

As for having an extra campaign as an addon - sure, if it's stable on ALX and interesting to play, I would gladly include it in the mod.

I haven't give any traits yet to the characters. And it happens to settlements with no family members too. In just one occasion also i selected a settlement, but when I clicked the recruitment circle icon (the one in interface bellow it's building equivalent) it ctd.

Can you click on the construction button without a crash? If so, it may be that you have too many units recruitable in your cities.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

I haven't added any more units. And in all except from the 1 case mentioned above, the crash happened trying to select the settlement, before the green square around it apears.