Thread: Found a pretty serious bug, sorry but I didn't see a bug report thread.

raistlinmajere8's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Found a pretty serious bug, sorry but I didn't see a bug report thread.

Right. Great mod first off. This has quickly become my favorite mod for ETW, however just now I have encountered a pretty fatal bug. I'm trying to play as Britain, in the 1783 grand campaign with lite enhanced smoke and enhanced bullet trails.

Well to get to the bug, and I've confirmed this, as I have done it over and over again about 15 times now.

Here's what happens: I start off the campaign playing as the Brits. This is the very first turn that this bug happens. The first thing I do is make peace with France, I make them an incredible offer then hit the send request button in the diplomacy tab. Then it instantly CTD's once I click the button. Every time. Over and over lol. I don't know what else is affected, as I just did that over and over to confirm, and then came here to post.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Found a pretty serious bug, sorry but I didn't see a bug report thread.

Quote Originally Posted by raistlinmajere8 View Post
    Right. Great mod first off. This has quickly become my favorite mod for ETW, however just now I have encountered a pretty fatal bug. I'm trying to play as Britain, in the 1783 grand campaign with lite enhanced smoke and enhanced bullet trails.

Well to get to the bug, and I've confirmed this, as I have done it over and over again about 15 times now.

Here's what happens: I start off the campaign playing as the Brits. This is the very first turn that this bug happens. The first thing I do is make peace with France, I make them an incredible offer then hit the send request button in the diplomacy tab. Then it instantly CTD's once I click the button. Every time. Over and over lol. I don't know what else is affected, as I just did that over and over to confirm, and then came here to post.
    Thanks for this i do not know how to resolve this problem, but i am sure the other members of team will see this message and will take the neccessary action
    In meantime play the game without the french, who the hell would want to make friends with them anyway!!

Default Re: Found a pretty serious bug, sorry but I didn't see a bug report thread.

Because I don't want war!!! I'm doing this on vh/vh and this is going to be my masterpiece campaign with the British... and now I finally found the perfect mod to do it with but I can't just start off the bat at war with my powerful neighbor!

Maybe update 3 will magically fix it? I just got done DL ing it...

Oh and hey Toon. You recommended me a mod that makes it 12 turns per year, thus increasing the 1783 campaign. I just looked around on here for like an hour and for the life of me I can't find it..... maybe a link?

Because I don't want war!!! I'm doing this on vh/vh and this is going to be my masterpiece campaign with the British... and now I finally found the perfect mod to do it with but I can't just start off the bat at war with my powerful neighbor!

Maybe update 3 will magically fix it? I just got done DL ing it...

Oh and hey Toon. You recommended me a mod that makes it 12 turns per year, thus increasing the 1783 campaign. I just looked around on here for like an hour and for the life of me I can't find it..... maybe a link?
    try this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...turns+per+year

Oh man you rule. This won't ruin anything with TAR will it?

I'm gonna rep you just for that by the way.

Thanks
    Last edited by ToonTotalWar; October 23, 2009 at 04:09 AM.

Oh man you rule. This won't ruin anything with TAR will it?

I'm gonna rep you just for that by the way.

Thanks
    Try this one instead: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=240167

Ok try this and let me know what happens:

A first comment is that -as far I can recall- there is a British army on France. Moreover I remember that this army always is been attacked in first turn by the French. If I recall correctly that means that there is already a command for this attack. Maybe trying to make peace in the first turn gives some kind of a conflict with this command. If you could try to propose piece after a couple of turns when the French attack has been done we should know if that is the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Ok try this and let me know what happens:

A first comment is that -as far I can recall- there is a British army on France. Moreover I remember that this army always is been attacked in first turn by the French. If I recall correctly that means that there is already a command for this attack. Maybe trying to make peace in the first turn gives some kind of a conflict with this command. If you could try to propose piece after a couple of turns when the French attack has been done we should know if that is the issue.
    Also try to propose piece and military access for the presence of British army.

well. thing is that every time I tried it last night, I immediately moved that army off of France, and back to London. So maybe I shouldn't do that?

well. thing is that every time I tried it last night, I immediately moved that army off of France, and back to London. So maybe I shouldn't do that?
    Check the bugs sticky thread.